Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They look cool--great concept, a blast from the past (we had something like that when I was a kid, mumble-years-ago). Also, nice pics!

$600 to remove/add the full front hood coverage.

Tesla must have just added this option in the last couple of months. We ordered the paint armor, but it was not installed and we did not realize that until we visited the Menlo store. When we saw how the 1/3 coverage looked, we decided not to go with the Tesla paint armor, in part because they told us they did not have the ability to do a full trunk cover. We instead purchased an after-market product called Xpel film from a company called the Gold Wurks in Roseville, CA. It cost more, but they came to our house and did the job in about 4 hours. It is beautiful and includes the A pillars and full coverage of the side mirrors as well as the full hood, the nose cone, the front fenders, and other front pieces. The cost was $1899, and I paid an extra $500 to have the back bumper done as well. I'm really pleased with the result, but I never imagined I would pay that kind of money for something you never see!

Picked up my baby today at the Costa Mesa SC!!! Pics to come (if the one i tried to attach from my iphone doesnt drop).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 952
guys happy to report that took delivery yesterday of or Model S at Rockville. Couldn't be happier!
P08293 Standard White, 60, Tech, Pano, Air, Leather, Jump seats. Ordered in November, finalized 2/15
There was a Blue 8199 and several others being prepped for delivery as well and several Roadsters in for service
Photos to come soon.

I orderd the car on 03/31/2013 the same day as ELON's announcement and did sign the paper work the next day, but no updates for few days. Out of curiosity i called them and they said according to new policies that went in to effect from 04-01-2013 there is no paper work needed and i have 2 week window until 04-18-2013 to change the configuration which i dont need and on 04-21-2013 they took my order and changed the status after calling twice. Thats a poor follow up for a company that is fairly new and the customer service sucks. Till date there is not even one reply to my emails.
i am scared now how can the service for this car be when i buy a 8 year service plan.
but according to this thread most of them are suggesting a 8 year if you are going to hang on for the car for long time or if you are a frequent traveller.
may be i will go with that too.

RN544xx3 - VIN ???? - 85kWh Model S - Blue - Air ride - 19" wheels - Tan leather - Obeche wood gloss
Reserved: 03/31/2013, sent for production : 04/21/2013 Delivery:??/??/????

I orderd the car on 03/31/2013 the same day as ELON's announcement and did sign the paper work the next day, but no updates for few days. Out of curiosity i called them and they said according to new policies that went in to effect from 04-01-2013 there is no paper work needed and i have 2 week window until 04-18-2013 to change the configuration which i dont need and on 04-21-2013 they took my order and changed the status after calling twice. Thats a poor follow up for a company that is fairly new and the customer service sucks. Till date there is not even one reply to my emails.
i am scared now how can the service for this car be when i buy a 8 year service plan.
but according to this thread most of them are suggesting a 8 year if you are going to hang on for the car for long time or if you are a frequent traveller.
may be i will go with that too.

RN544xx3 - VIN ???? - 85kWh Model S - Blue - Air ride - 19" wheels - Tan leather - Obeche wood gloss
Reserved: 03/31/2013, sent for production : 04/21/2013 Delivery:??/??/????
I don't see the problem, can you explain it a bit more clearly
you say they gave you a 2 week window to change your configuration, which you did not need.
After that I am lost, were you emailing them to change your order? Or to send your order to the factory without waiting the 2 weeks, since you did not have any changes to make...

Greg: I take it that you pick up new MSes at Washington Square, and they don't do the home delivery now?

And what are you going to do about a front plate?

I would point out this one isn't mine. Mine is about 6 weeks out. I think you can still take delivery at your home, and from what I've heard, they discourage service center deliveries, since they were getting a bit busy doing that and not being available for others that truly need service.

On the front license plate I'll likely get a mount bracket that attaches from under the bumper - like this