Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems random...but I'm sure they understand it. It's just maddening for us waiting for every little piece of info. Hang in there, I will bet it shows up in the app by Monday night!

Oh I'm not worried I'm sure I'll get some info next week I was just adding to the conversation. I think the only part of the whole ordering process that Tesla should work on as they go forward is the feedback on where things are in the build process.

Mine is blue same delivery window as you as well yet alas no vin or car in app for me.

I also have a blue with tan leather. Order date 4/2/2013; finalized 4/16/13; no 'button' yet but I have been told by several tesla employees that my end of production date is May 13-16. I expect delivery to the east coast by end of May/very early June. Good luck all my 'blue' brothers!

I also have a blue with tan leather. Order date 4/2/2013; finalized 4/16/13; no 'button' yet but I have been told by several tesla employees that my end of production date is May 13-16. I expect delivery to the east coast by end of May/very early June. Good luck all my 'blue' brothers!

My dates are very similar to yours, and I too am hoping for end of May delivery.Also blue...

@AIMC and @scaesare, I hope you both ordered 60kwh, because I ordered blue with tan interior. Since we are all mid-atlantic, I hope this helps get us quicker delivery since Tesla likes batching the production/delivery. I have approx delivery date of mid-May to first week of June.

Ven rala Mine is an 85. However, I would think (but I may be wrong) that resetting the paint station(s) versus the size of the battery may determine what is on the assembly line(s) at the time. I agree that shipping several out to our area of the east coast in batches would be cost saving to Tesla, so we all may be picking them up at Norristown, PA SC at the same time in late May/early June. I was at the Norristown, PA SC yesterday and they were delivering two that day.

My EOL date is this Wednesday and I got app access yesterday. Blue/60 in Maryland. Delivery scheduled 5/20 after a 5/8-5/20 window, but Tesla said they think they'll be able to move up the date assuming it really rolls out next week.
I hope mine is right with yours! I was hoping i'd see mine closer to the 8th though...

- - - Updated - - -

My BF just finished installing my 14-50. It looks so sad with nothing to plug into it yet.

However, I would think (but I may be wrong) that resetting the paint station(s) versus the size of the battery may determine what is on the assembly line(s) at the time.

Can help on this aspect, there is no resetting of the paint station, the Model S is painted through a booth that can access all colors at any time. The typical time for a color change is less than a minute, as all it requires is some cleaning solvent to run through the lines.

Can help on this aspect, there is no resetting of the paint station, the Model S is painted through a booth that can access all colors at any time. The typical time for a color change is less than a minute, as all it requires is some cleaning solvent to run through the lines.

Dr. D: Any idea what determines assembly line placement. Seems random at times. I have read here that some people are waiting weeks/months longer than others even when their finalization dates are similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got the delivery "button" email!!

We really are 'blues brothers'. Seeing your note I just checked my email....and "red button"! I grew up in Chelmsford, Mass. Live in Delaware now. Where are you?

Last edited:
Dr. D: Any idea what determines assembly line placement. Seems random at times. I have read here that some people are waiting weeks/months longer than others.

- - - Updated - - -

We really are 'blues brothers'. Seeing your note I just checked my email....and "red button"! I grew up in Chelmsford, Mass. Live in Delaware now. Where are you?

wow! That's awesome!! I am in Newton, MA :) Grew up in Brighton , MA

Congrats to all! I think this is worse than a kid waiting for Christmas...it's like 2 months of every day being Christmas Eve...and just so I fit in, my BF lived and went to school in Newton, MA. He grew up in Medfield, MA where his whole family still lives. I'm the rare and elusive FL native.