Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a reservation since 2009. Bought the Fisker Karma in late 2011/ early 2012 since impatient. "Idea" was to get the Karma and then sell when Model S came out later in 2012. Love the Karma. Torn but cancelled Model S reservation when came time for finalizing order last summer since didn't want to have two $100K+ cars. Now Fisker essentially bankrupt, and all Karmas are beautiful orphans. Owners holding their breath that nothing goes wrong.

Couple weeks ago heard about the availability of some fully loaded P85s available for immediate /quick delivery. No will power, ordered last week. I am told car I picked is coming off Fremont assembly yesterday or today. Ship to NJ today or tomorrow.

Red P85 with tan and carbon fiber.
Pretty much got everything except Performance Plus (can't do 21s, I already have one car I can't take into NYC with 22s(Karma))

VIN given is 15454

I saw the inventory spreadsheet and there were 50+ pretty much fully loaded cars available for quick/immediate delivery. Some were demo cars with 500-2000 miles on them (with the $1 per mile cred offered), others were brand new - just off the line or shortly coming off.

PURCHASED PRECONFIGURED INVENTORY CAR: 6/20
PAID/MVPA: 6/25
TOLD COMING OFF FREMONT LINE: 6/27
DELIVERY TO NJ ETA FROM SALES: 7/8

TODAY'S DELIVERY ETA DATE MISSED DUE TO "LOGISTICS PROBLEM" (Never put on truck from CA)
NEW DELIVERY ETA TO NJ APPROX: 7/18

If anyone lives in the bay area and is picking up their Model S at the factory, I would very much like to go on a factory tour with you. I signed up at TESLIVE, but didn't make the cut for the tour. I an investor, and a HUGE Tesla fan, but I don't have a reservation, because I can't drive due to medical reasons.

It's here! Picked up today from Dania Beach SC. Got stuck in the usual I-595 traffic rush hour bringing it back but what a car :biggrin:
2013-07-10 16.26.12.jpg
There were quite a few others ready for delivery there also.
2013-07-10 16.25.01.jpg
Unfortunately they had a circuit breaker trip last night probably because they had so many plugged in so it wasn't fully charged but had 170 miles on it when I left there. I'll take some more decent pics later.

The grey is really nice. Nicer than the color it shows on the website actually. I've got it charging in the garage now, 240v @ 24amp (old dryer socket). Gives approx a 17mph rate. I was playing with the touchscreen and all the functions. The upgraded sound system is pretty nice when using a decent source MP3 (high bitrate) especially in 7.1 surround which I wasn't expecting. I guess it's compensating for the reflective surfaces and odd angles inside the car. Internet radio doesn't fare so well but that's to be expected. On the way back while stopped at a light, I could see the people behind me in an Acura TL looking and wondering what car it was. They looked at each other and you could see them saying "Tesla? Who's that?" lol Tesla's new slogan should be "Having the most fun in your life while keeping your clothes on" :wink:

Congrats - the grey is a beautiful, deep color. I hope you're off having lots of fun.

My DS called me today for the first time. My pickup is scheduled for 7/23 at the Costa Mesa service center, with a slight chance that it could happen at the end of next week. I'm trying (and failing...) not to get too excited about that....

Just got my first call from TM from my DS today. Super excited, but still have a ways to go before I get relief.....

VIN 155xx: 60kwh/19"/sound/air/leather/tech
Ordered: 6/15
Finalized, Confirmed & VIN: 6/17
"Delivery" button & questionnaire completed: 6/26
Estimated production completed: 7/22
Estimated delivery: 8/19 (I'm in Hawaii)

Just got my first call from TM from my DS today. Super excited, but still have a ways to go before I get relief.....

VIN 155xx: 60kwh/19"/sound/air/leather/tech
Ordered: 6/15
Finalized, Confirmed & VIN: 6/17
"Delivery" button & questionnaire completed: 6/26
Estimated production completed: 7/22
Estimated delivery: 8/19 (I'm in Hawaii)

Brit's Gray pix are great and now we need some of your car on a beach in Hawaii!