Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the "base model," LR S white with black interior, on September 7 and have heard nothing yet about VIN and delivery date. According to ev-cpo.com, they have inventory ones for sale in other states, but none here (I'm 20 minutes from the Fremont, California, factory). I'm curious to see if they try to rush a car to me before the end of the quarter.

With all I've read about quality issues, I'm bringing a mechanical engineer friend with me to do the delivery inspection. Maybe that's why mine is taking longer. :)

Just picked up my White MS LR and I'm ecstatic. The deliver was 'OK' factory delivery with line workers that drive the cars out. Had an early appt to pick up, but there were severe gap issues on the trunk where it curves to meet the quarter and bumper, it stuck out a good 1/4 out, the other side was flush. They took the car back to the line to fix it, then the manager calls me to say "it's within spec" however I say, no good, I'm not buying a 90k car that has worse gaps than a kia. She says its not a priority so it may take all day if not tomorrow. I get a call at 2;30pm to come check it out and pick the car up everyone involved except the 2nd delivery guy was super awesome and went the distance to make sure I was happy. Delivery guy was just concerned with getting the paperwork signed. Got there the panel was perfect, the gaps are perfect, the window trim is perfect, I couldn't find any major flaws that would stand out. I guess I got lucky on Friday the 13th!! Car is a dream, such a great experience to be in and drive. If you don't have one, order one.

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
Picked up my white 2019 long range today!! One thing I noticed is the software version is 2019.15.106.1.3d1aae1. The guy claimed it is the latest version but I noticed the Beach Buggy game is not on the list of games which I thought was a new game that just came out so did I get an old software version??

I have the same version as you and the screen says “software is up to date”

Any idea why we can’t have the latest software? There is no option to update the software as it’s showing as that it is the latest.

F73D441E-4315-466A-B3D0-05EF5B9B2DD7.jpeg
I have the same version as you and the screen says “software is up to date”

Any idea why we can’t have the latest software? There is no option to update the software as it’s showing as that it is the latest.

I just downloaded 2019.32.2.1 last night on my 6/2018 Model S. Even though your car is newer, it should eventually be on the same version. I have found that the roll out of software updates is inconsistent among owners; a friend who got his car about the same time as me often gets his updates a couple of days before or after me. Be sure your settings are set to let you know when an update is available. The best way is to get notifications on your smartphone.

Reactions: Hytlee7
FWIW, I ordered a Model S Long Range, White/Cream/19" on Aug 25th. Got a text Friday, Sep 13 saying the car will be ready for So Cal delivery on Sunday, Sep 15. Then on Sat, Sep 14th the delivery center called to say it was ready and I could come pick it up that day. Unfortunately I was already on a trip and won't be back until Tuesday. Tesla, if you'd given me just a couple of days more notice I could have cancelled my trip and the car wouldn't be sitting around the delivery center for 3 or 4 extra days. Just a suggestion ;~]

Reactions: Nrazar
My wife just ordered a Model S Long Range yesterday, September 14th. Our Adviser at theTesla Showroom said that Tesla is trying to make the 3rd Quarter delivery number, and 'we will' get our car before September 30th.

He offered us free 21" wheel upgrade, and free paint upgrade (we could choose Black, Blue, Silver, Blue, or Red at no extra cost.) Plus the current Unlimited Supercharging offer.

Wife picked Midnight Silver Metallic color, 21" Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine wheels, All Black interior color, and with the Full Self-Driving Capability option.

She is excited about it. Let the wait begins.

My wife just ordered a Model S Long Range yesterday, September 14th. Our Adviser at theTesla Showroom said that Tesla is trying to make the 3rd Quarter delivery number, and 'we will' get our car before September 30th.

He offered us free 21" wheel upgrade, and free paint upgrade (we could choose Black, Blue, Silver, Blue, or Red at no extra cost.) Plus the current Unlimited Supercharging offer.

Wife picked Midnight Silver Metallic color, 21" Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine wheels, All Black interior color, and with the Full Self-Driving Capability option.

damn, don't tell us things like that!! just picked up mine on Friday, I want free 21" wheels... still would have got white :) the fact it's free is one of the main reasons I bought one.

Congrats! The Pearl White Multi-Coat is very beautiful, and if I remember correctly it was a $2,000 color option not long ago. Enjoy your new Model S! :)

I emailed my sales guy to see if he can give me free wheels and some other option, I can still return my car and re-order if this is the case... so I suggested that, we'll see what they come back with.

Reactions: ScottRoberts33

Which Tesla location was this? If this is an end of quarter incentive do you think new owners within 7 day period will be able to receive this or will have to refund and order a new car?