Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I placed my order for S, LR, full autopilot on 11/11. It will be our 3rd Tesla. I sold my 2015 S last month and my wife has a 3 (1 year old) that I've been driving since then. A week after placing my order I contact the SA to let them know that we are going out of town 12/22 for the rest of the year and needed delivery before then. Even offered to fly to N.Cal to pick up at factory. We live in So. Cal. so I thought the timing savings would be worth the flight cost, and the "downside" of getting to drive back the same day with my wife would be fun. Obviously despite several calls all I've been told is that it should be by the end of the year and they would "make a note" of my request". I never felt any conviction behind the statements.
I've been checking twice a day to see if a VIN was assigned. Just minutes ago (actually my 3rd time checking today) after going to the page and viewing page source (using chrome), there is a VIN!.
Now just need to get a call/text from the SA
Congratulations. I’m jealous.

Received this email shortly after VIN appeared in source. When I clicked on it it asked me what dates I’m UNAVAILABLE to pickup the car between 12/22 and 12/31. I hit the button that said “I’m available any day”. Hopefully its not 12/25 or 12/31 :)

Attachments

• 1A58584E-1FC9-41EB-A5C4-8EF0FFC228FF.png
    1A58584E-1FC9-41EB-A5C4-8EF0FFC228FF.png
    425.8 KB · Views: 74
Well, I placed my order for S, LR, full autopilot on 11/11. It will be our 3rd Tesla. I sold my 2015 S last month and my wife has a 3 (1 year old) that I've been driving since then. A week after placing my order I contact the SA to let them know that we are going out of town 12/22 for the rest of the year and needed delivery before then. Even offered to fly to N.Cal to pick up at factory. We live in So. Cal. so I thought the timing savings would be worth the flight cost, and the "downside" of getting to drive back the same day with my wife would be fun. Obviously despite several calls all I've been told is that it should be by the end of the year and they would "make a note" of my request". I never felt any conviction behind the statements.
I've been checking twice a day to see if a VIN was assigned. Just minutes ago (actually my 3rd time checking today) after going to the page and viewing page source (using chrome), there is a VIN!.
Now just need to get a call/text from the SA

12:15am I got the email about selecting which dates I am NOT available. Earliest date on that calendar is 12/22. (the date I said I needed it by). Guess I'm going to have to drive back 300 miles from our trip to pick-up my car. I'm going to try to speak to SA before selecting dates.
Website now also asks for final payment. I just paid the balance.

Reactions: SoCalMike
First time poster...

I ordered my S on Saturday and it clearly said 2 week delivery time. Now, two days later, I see the same 5-8 week delivery time that @ScottRoberts33 highlighted on the order page.

What should I believe? Is there a chance that I'll have my car by end of December?

FYI, I live about 15min from Fremont.

And to follow-up on my own post...

I just got the email requesting my unavailability between 12/22 and 12/31. My family will be in town, but I'm sure they'll be fine with me ditching them for a couple of hours. :)

That’s not good. Any idea what happened and the ETA to repair? Did they offer you a loaner? Hopefully it’s a simple and quick turn-around for you.

No loaner. The issue happened late Friday and they took it to the Spokane Service Center. The timing was likely awkward considering it was the end of the week. They gave me a call yesterday (Monday) and got the entire rundown from me, including error messages and what I'd been doing with the car. It was a very nice, patient call. I appreciated that. They texted me today and told me there was "an internal wiring issue with the A/C compressor that is disrupting the network and causing the alerts..."

They have the parts and they're expecting to get the car back to me today or early tomorrow...thankfully right before the big snowstorm we're expected to have. Seems like I've had an atypical, good resolution to my problem. I'll report back here if I don't.

No loaner. The issue happened late Friday and they took it to the Spokane Service Center. The timing was likely awkward considering it was the end of the week. They gave me a call yesterday (Monday) and got the entire rundown from me, including error messages and what I'd been doing with the car. It was a very nice, patient call. I appreciated that. They texted me today and told me there was "an internal wiring issue with the A/C compressor that is disrupting the network and causing the alerts..."

They have the parts and they're expecting to get the car back to me today or early tomorrow...thankfully right before the big snowstorm we're expected to have. Seems like I've had an atypical, good resolution to my problem. I'll report back here if I don't.
Unfortunate situation but I would say they are trying hard to turn it around back to you ASAP. That’s great to hear.

Ordered November 5th. VIN number showed up Monday and I got the email today asking which days I would NOT be available to pick up between December 22 and December 31. I should have put that I am not available EXCEPT for Dec 22 so I could get my LR Model S earlier! :) ...but I didn't think of it until I already responded.

Note: You can look for your VIN number on your account page. It shows up in the source code when your car is getting close (I guess).
Here's instructions posted earlier by mrjingles:
Search for "5YJ" in the Manage section of the car you ordered.

1) Go to Tesla.com
2) Click "Tesla Account" (upper right)
3) Click "Manage" for the Reservation you are looking at
4) Right-Click anywhere on the page and "View page source" from the menu
5) Control-F to bring up search and type "5YJ"

This works with Chrome and I assume Firefox as well. Not sure about other browsers.

Received this email shortly after VIN appeared in source. When I clicked on it it asked me what dates I’m UNAVAILABLE to pickup the car between 12/22 and 12/31. I hit the button that said “I’m available any day”. Hopefully its not 12/25 or 12/31 :)
Update: Received the following text just now but still no VIN or MVPA showing on my account:

Thank you for letting us know your availability. In the next several days, we will send another text message to update you on your delivery timing. To learn how to prepare for delivery day, please visit tesla.com/support/tesla-delivery-day

Update: Received the following text just now but still no VIN or MVPA showing on my account:

Thank you for letting us know your availability. In the next several days, we will send another text message to update you on your delivery timing. To learn how to prepare for delivery day, please visit tesla.com/support/tesla-delivery-day
I got that tonight and 30 minutes later got a call to schedule delivery for my X.

I read in some other forums that people had luck inquiring on their car’s status via live chat on Tesla’s website. I provided my RN # and someone called me back within 5 minutes (Tesla Las Vegas #). My car has left the factory and waiting for trucking. Should arrive to Costa Mesa sometime tomorrow. We set earliest tentative pickup for Monday but he stated they will call me once they receive, test and wash the car to pickup. VIN suddenly appeared on my account page as well right after the call. Almost there!

I read in some other forums that people had luck inquiring on their car’s status via live chat on Tesla’s website. I provided my RN # and someone called me back within 5 minutes (Tesla Las Vegas #). My car has left the factory and waiting for trucking. Should arrive to Costa Mesa sometime tomorrow. We set earliest tentative pickup for Monday but he stated they will call me once they receive, test and wash the car to pickup. VIN suddenly appeared on my account page as well right after the call. Almost there!
You are the MAN! I contact Tesla on the Chat Line and it turns out I do have a VIN assignment and they will call or email with specifics.