Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So today I see my status switched to "Production Complete. Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery".

Pickup is in Massachusetts and is scheduled for 9/20. Does that seem correct or should it be sooner??

Thanks!!

@Jack_L - mine was scheduled for 9/20 and the my dashboard just changed to what yours says as well. Looks like we are on the same truck. I was told by the DS that the drivers shoot for a 6 day drive to get it over to us in MA.

Placed/confirmed my order on Sept 1st.

If I call Tesla and say "pretty please", will they speed it up? :biggrin:

I actually had a dream about my car last night. That's never happened before...

So excited. I've had some great cars over the years...but nothing like the MS. I may need therapy, as I'm not great with delayed gratification....

Placed/confirmed my order on Sept 1st.

If I call Tesla and say "pretty please", will they speed it up? :biggrin:

I actually had a dream about my car last night. That's never happened before...

So excited. I've had some great cars over the years...but nothing like the MS. I may need therapy, as I'm not great with delayed gratification....

LOL!! I seriously had a dream too--I just just didn't want to admit it. Too funny, that is sad if I am having dreams about a car. I think they brain wash during test drive. Never really been excited about a car--until this one. P85+ come to poppa.

Moved to the US on July 30th, had a test drive on August 3rd. Placed order on August 3rd. Confirmed September 3rd (had to sort out financing first). Got VIN 22075 today September 4th. My Dashboard says delivery for October. The person from Tesla I talked to said it will get out of production on October 7th and ready for delivery in Miami towards the end of the month. Can't wait...

Moved to the US on July 30th, had a test drive on August 3rd. Placed order on August 3rd. Confirmed September 3rd (had to sort out financing first). Got VIN 22075 today September 4th. My Dashboard says delivery for October. The person from Tesla I talked to said it will get out of production on October 7th and ready for delivery in Miami towards the end of the month. Can't wait...

Wow quick adopter! Welcome to us, fl, and Tesla!

My Dashboard still says sourcing...
Just talked to my DS. Mine is scheduled to come off the production line on September 12th. It takes them a couple of days to ship it down to SoCal. I'm hoping for delivery on September 16th.

That's just a little over one month wait...what a luxury!
I've reserved april last year, finalized april this year, estimated delivery early oktober...
But it will be worth the looooong wait :smile:

19847 is complete and in the hands of the QA team...tick tick tick...

@EKnight, I just checked my dashboard for my VIN 19846 and I have gone backwards from "in production" to "confirmed and sourcing parts". Obviously my car was just in front of yours on the line and they needed a part for yours. Rather than going back to the shop, they just took it from mine! We Florida guys never seem to catch a break!

@EKnight, I just checked my dashboard for my VIN 19846 and I have gone backwards from "in production" to "confirmed and sourcing parts". Obviously my car was just in front of yours on the line and they needed a part for yours. Rather than going back to the shop, they just took it from mine! We Florida guys never seem to catch a break!

Seems odd....especially because yours is a P85. When did you confirm your order again? I was told last night that mine is on a truck headed for MA. If all goes as planned, I pick it up next Thursday at lunch....just in time to hop in and drive it to the Patriots home opener :)

Last edited:
Seems odd....especially because yours is a P85. When did you confirm your order again? I was told last night that mine is on a truck headed for MA. If all goes as planned, I pick it up next Thursday at lunch....just in time to hop in and drive it to the Patriots home opener :)

i confirmed August 10th. I just checked my dashboard and I'm back in production. Must have found that part they needed.:smile:

I emailed my customer rep this AM, but have not received any other updates. I'm jealous your car is on the way. Maybe mine is too, and I just don't know it.

have fun at the game. Unfortunately I live in Bucs country -no excitement there!

Just heard from tesla: "Model S production is done in batches with similar configurations traveling through at the same time, not sequential VIN order. So a VIN number close to yours may roll out sooner or later than your VIN."