Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moved to the US on July 30th, had a test drive on August 3rd. Placed order on August 3rd. Confirmed September 3rd (had to sort out financing first). Got VIN 22075 today September 4th. My Dashboard says delivery for October. The person from Tesla I talked to said it will get out of production on October 7th and ready for delivery in Miami towards the end of the month. Can't wait...

Congratulations. What color exterior amd what colo interior?

I was at the Tampa Service Center yesterday to have my tires rotated and whatever service bulletin items needed to be done (window clips), and I heard them say they got 5 cars in that day for delivery. On my way out I tried to sneak a peek in back and saw two white ones on a carrier...

Just heard from tesla: "Model S production is done in batches with similar configurations traveling through at the same time, not sequential VIN order. So a VIN number close to yours may roll out sooner or later than your VIN."

Im being told the same thing by my DS. Apparently next week they're building a batch of 60's and mine will be one of them. Whether it's BS or not I can't say.

Im being told the same thing by my DS. Apparently next week they're building a batch of 60's and mine will be one of them. Whether it's BS or not I can't say.

It's not BS, the cars are done in batches. The P85's usually get made more quickly ($$$ talks ;-)). This was written about a lot on the forums in the early months when we were waiting for the factory to catch up with all the early reservations.

Dashboard still says "sourcing parts" but my DS emailed me today to confirm that I should take delivery (pick up actually) my Model S by the end of September. Can't wait!

Same situation for me. Dashboard says sourcing parts--DS said "tentative pickup around 9/28." Hope that he's right!
============================================================
85 kWh | Green | Tan Leather | Obeche Wood Gloss | Tech | Parking | Parcel Shelf | Paint Armor
Ordered 8/23 | Confirmed 8/24 | VIN Received 8/26: 21112 | Tentative Delivery: September

Dashboard still says "sourcing parts" but my DS emailed me today to confirm that I should take delivery (pick up actually) my Model S by the end of September. Can't wait!

Mine, too. I´m scheduled for 9/28 (at 11:00AM), but car is still ¨sourcing parts¨ on dashboard. I presume that someone is manually controlling dashboard status vs. it being an automated feed from the production schedule.

It's not BS, the cars are done in batches. The P85's usually get made more quickly ($$$ talks ;-)). This was written about a lot on the forums in the early months when we were waiting for the factory to catch up with all the early reservations.

This is not correct... I was at the factory yesterday and asked this specific question because on the line they had a few red, then a silver, then a white, then another couple of red... some were 85's and some were P85's... some had single chargers, and some had dual.
They run down the line and build them to the spec sheet.
If you haven't done the tour, I would suggest it. It was pretty cool seeing all the parts, and the final assembly of the Model S's!
Everybody is extremely friendly and happy to answer your questions.

Mine, too. I´m scheduled for 9/28 (at 11:00AM), but car is still ¨sourcing parts¨ on dashboard. I presume that someone is manually controlling dashboard status vs. it being an automated feed from the production schedule.

Mine was "sourcing parts" for a few weeks and then things started happening fast. My dash changed to "building your Model S" (this was very exciting) and I asked my DS where it was in the process and he got back to me that same day and told me it was in their paint room! He then said it would be I the build process for about 5 days (if I remember the conversation correctly). Then, about five days later I got an update that the car was with the QA team and would likely be loaded on a truck just 3 days after they were done. 3 days later (this past Thurs) it was on the truck for the cross country trip. I have to give props to my DS, Andrew Clark, in Watertown MA. Andrew has been very attentive and helpful. Great experience so far.

I feel very luck to say that there is a chance I could receive my S85 just 33 days after the day I confirmed my order.

This is not correct... I was at the factory yesterday and asked this specific question because on the line they had a few red, then a silver, then a white, then another couple of red... some were 85's and some were P85's... some had single chargers, and some had dual.
They run down the line and build them to the spec sheet.
If you haven't done the tour, I would suggest it. It was pretty cool seeing all the parts, and the final assembly of the Model S's!
Everybody is extremely friendly and happy to answer your questions.

Hopefully one of the red 85's was mine!!!!