Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man I am sad to hear that--no fun for sure. I changed my order from P to P+ the next day, and after making the change, I had the DS send me in an email what I ordered (just in case).

Check it out when it arrives, but if you want the pano, I'd just let them build you another car. You don't want to spend that money and regret everyday not having a feature you want.

Let us know how it pans out.

Last edited:
I'm pretty set on getting the pano roof so probably I'll have to get them to build another one. The thing that bums me out the most is that we had a bunch of stuff planned based on having the car next week. My birthday is the 26th, we have a place booked for a trip with friends, we had made arrangements for dogsitting, etc. Now I'm going to have to cancel a bunch of plans and celebrate my birthday with no car and no trip. Oh well.

It's "Tesla Eve". Delivery tomorrow at 2pm. I live in Tampa, and for my last two cars (2002 Lexus SC430 and 2009 Porsche 911 S Cabriolet) I have had a little traditional break-in drive over the Sunshine Skyway bridge while blasting U-2 "It's a Beautiful Day." Tomorrow afternoon will be the same. High speed going up the span and regen going down.

gonna be a restless night tonight!!!!
Awesome tradition! That long regen coming down the Skyway is awesome, I've driven across and back a few times now. It's the closest thing we have to a hill here, lol

@dgates, that truly stinks... So sorry

Last edited:
I'm pretty set on getting the pano roof so probably I'll have to get them to build another one. The thing that bums me out the most is that we had a bunch of stuff planned based on having the car next week. My birthday is the 26th, we have a place booked for a trip with friends, we had made arrangements for dogsitting, etc. Now I'm going to have to cancel a bunch of plans and celebrate my birthday with no car and no trip. Oh well.

Whoa party pooper--hang on.

Since you have technically paid for your car, get the service center to give you a demo for that weekend--and place the order for your new one. I know it's not yours, but it will take care of not having to cancel plans. Just a thought....

Whoa party pooper--hang on.

Since you have technically paid for your car, get the service center to give you a demo for that weekend--and place the order for your new one. I know it's not yours, but it will take care of not having to cancel plans. Just a thought....

Well, haven't paid for the car yet, just the deposit so far. Looking over the final papers was how I noticed the problem. I may ask if it's possible to get a loaner but I'm not too hopeful since this isn't the same as me bringing a car in for a service issue since I haven't quite bought the car yet.

Well, haven't paid for the car yet, just the deposit so far. Looking over the final papers was how I noticed the problem. I may ask if it's possible to get a loaner but I'm not too hopeful since this isn't the same as me bringing a car in for a service issue since I haven't quite bought the car yet.

I'll throw out one more the glass is half full.

See if you can live without Pano when it arrives. If yes for a while, then upgrade to a P down the road later next year. Seems like a lot of people are upgrading to P.

Either way--only you can make the decision--but your bday doesn't need to suffer--you can take another car (as painful as it might be).

Happy Birthday BTW.

Awesome tradition! That long regen coming down the Skyway is awesome, I've driven across and back a few times now. It's the closest thing we have to a hill here, lol

Hill? What's that?

Actually have been reading some of the posts re trips out west that report "1100 ft altitude change." I plan to post a report re my trip from the office to my house: "3 foot altitude change."

Hope to meet you some time - Seminole is not too far away............

Hill? What's that?

Actually have been reading some of the posts re trips out west that report "1100 ft altitude change." I plan to post a report re my trip from the office to my house: "3 foot altitude change."

Hope to meet you some time - Seminole is not too far away............
Well I work in S Tampa, on Gandy, so we may cross paths soon! I shall be imagining you having your moment on the Skyway around... 3:30? Maybe I'll listen to "it's a beautiful day" around that time, lol. Fun to see others experiencing the mania leading up to delivery! Ah, happy memories. I had to take melatonin every night the last week or two before delivery just to sleep a little!

It's "Tesla Eve". Delivery tomorrow at 2pm. I live in Tampa, and for my last two cars (2002 Lexus SC430 and 2009 Porsche 911 S Cabriolet) I have had a little traditional break-in drive over the Sunshine Skyway bridge while blasting U-2 "It's a Beautiful Day." Tomorrow afternoon will be the same. High speed going up the span and regen going down.

gonna be a restless night tonight!!!!

Enjoy the skyway drive!

In production! Delivery scheduled for next Thursday! Giddy.

u8uza4y8.jpg

Ugggh, checking this page hourly does not make the wait easier. Wife's bday is 9/29 and mine 10/6, would love to see the car that week.

Congratulations. A number of us are trying to track VINS/delivery dates to get some feel as to production numbers. Care to share your VIN (last 5 digits..numerical ones)? thanks

Just received a call from my DS. My car is finished and will be ready for pickup this Saturday (six days earlier than planned). Less than a month from confirmation to delivery!

Also just checked the Tesla website and it now says:
Production Complete
Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery.

The next few days are going to go by sooo slowly.

Just received a call from my DS. My car is finished and will be ready for pickup this Saturday (six days earlier than planned). Less than a month from confirmation to delivery!

Production Complete

Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Mine when into production on 9/11, so hope the magic call is coming for me soon too!

Very cool Sat delivery--what a fun weekend you're going to have!

Production Complete

Great news, congrats! I'm also pickung up mine on Saturday (at noon, GMT). But I've been waiting 1,5 years for it :wink: