Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah. That's a concern... I use GPS all the time. Hopefully they get it sorted out. The problem is, it's only happening to some people and not all. So that's going to make it harder to track down.

Correct. So, it does not seem to be the 5.0 firmware. I would suspect it is hardware related or a problem with a certain new hardware (parking sensors, etc.)/software compatibility. I would be shocked if they are not putting in 60-80 hour weeks trying to sort it all out.

Correct. So, it does not seem to be the 5.0 firmware. I would suspect it is hardware related or a problem with a certain new hardware (parking sensors, etc.)/software compatibility. I would be shocked if they are not putting in 60-80 hour weeks trying to sort it all out.

From reading Tesla's Forum, it sounds like you can bring the car into the service center and they can fix it with a "recalibration". If that's the case, then they may start doing the fixes at the factory before they put them out on the road. I hope they get it sorted before "Late October". ;)

photo 2.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Couple of pics--one that the DS took when I picked the car up and then one today driving around a bit.
Update on the GPS: Generally works fine, but occasionally shows me as driving through a building or a lake. May call service and see about getting a recalibration as others have mentioned.

Arrg on GPS--what did they say they are doing to fix it?

HEY CONGRATS!! Can't wait for the epics of that beauty!

Couple of pics--one that the DS took when I picked the car up and then one today driving around a bit.
Update on the GPS: Generally works fine, but occasionally shows me as driving through a building or a lake. May call service and see about getting a recalibration as others have mentioned.

Rule one--no parking under big trees (tree sap) :biggrin:

Seriously though, it looks great and enjoy it!

Let us know how the re calibration goes for the GPS.

Rule one--no parking under big trees (tree sap) :biggrin:

Seriously though, it looks great and enjoy it!

Let us know how the re calibration goes for the GPS.

Heard back from the Bellevue Service Center (love their responsiveness to email). Tesla engineers are aware of the GPS issue and working on a fix. Will be pushed out as a software update over the air. Do not know when, but if you contact them they will put your VIN on a list to ensure that it gets pushed out as a priority.

Picking her up in 3 HOURS!! :love:

____

Well, so much for that--DS now calls back saying tomorrow, as not all paperwork got completed. Insane! Tesla needs to get their act together on this delivery stuff. They should have everything in place, and not tell someone their car is ready. Paid cash for the car.

Last edited:
I'm jealous. I wish mine were here.

I did try to call and get it upgraded to a P85 but it is already too late for that. Guess I'll have to deal with a S85. Late October cannot come soon enough.

Try to push it Brandonmbeard, They haven't event put it on the line yet. There's still time, just keep escalating it until someone says yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Picking her up in 3 HOURS!! :love:

Congrats texex91! Put some Pics on and try to give them hell for slowing my production down! (after you've taken delivery of yours, of course!)

Congrats texex91! Put some Pics on and try to give them hell for slowing my production down! (after you've taken delivery of yours, of course!)

Oh don't worry, many pics to be posted--that's the fun part seeing peoples S's! :cool:

You might win the award for the most posts in the shortest amount of time *before* you got your car. 813 in a ~month!

I expect the posts might taper off as you start to drive more than type. Speed safely! ;)

My Texas transplant--I don't plan on disappearing, as this is the best place for tid bits on the car and Tesla. Plus, it's always fun to see people ordering and getting their cars! But yes, probably a little high on the post count :biggrin:

I'm jealous. I wish mine were here.

I did try to call and get it upgraded to a P85 but it is already too late for that. Guess I'll have to deal with a S85. Late October cannot come soon enough.

I test drove a P85, but purchased an S85. I have to say that the P85 would have been a bad decision for me--I'm already going to be putting my license at risk routinely with the standard 85. I can only imagine how much more trouble I could get into with the P.

Drove it to work this AM and found a beautiful corner spot with wide space on either side to park it in the company garage. Added bonus is that there is a 110 outlet within reach! Not part of an official charge station, but I am going to try to use it and see if I get into any trouble. :)

So test drove today and ordered today! Even upgraded from a 60 to a S85! I'm going to let the options sink in for a couple of days before confirming but its good to be a part of the family.

- - - Updated - - -

She's arrived--post & more pics in main section....thanks guys for all of the support over here during the wait!

DD024D2E-5DF8-4F16-AF69-9B42127E06BF-6058-000002FBCD7B4CD6_zps2273ab6b.jpg

Congrats!!! I bet the post count goes way down since you'll be out driving more. :)