Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately PayPal is not an option for paying for your Tesla down payment. Only bank transfer or wire. They will send you the final paperwork with Docusign. I would hold off paying until you see those papers and confirm the car they built is what you ordered! Congrats! I take delivery this Sat! Was supposed to get delivery Thursday (ordered on 9/1 confirmed next day) but my car missed the trailer out to CO!?!

Unfortunately PayPal is not an option for paying for your Tesla down payment. Only bank transfer or wire. They will send you the final paperwork with Docusign. I would hold off paying until you see those papers and confirm the car they built is what you ordered! Congrats! I take delivery this Sat! Was supposed to get delivery Thursday (ordered on 9/1 confirmed next day) but my car missed the trailer out to CO!?!

I think you meant to say for your final payment? I used it for my down payment no problem. I can understand why they wouldn't let you use it for the final payment. The service charge would be about twenty grand. :D

Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or deilvery.

Delivery is currently set for 9/30. The car was in production for 5 days.

tesla-pickup.jpg

Correct. So, it does not seem to be the 5.0 firmware. I would suspect it is hardware related or a problem with a certain new hardware (parking sensors, etc.)/software compatibility. I would be shocked if they are not putting in 60-80 hour weeks trying to sort it all out.

I have not received my model S yet, but 2 week ago I used the google Navigation application on my Android phone, and I had exactly the same behavior, car position changed sometime and navigation was unusable. As the model S use google map, maybe it's not a Tesla bug, but google bug !??

Just seen some message about Tesla which do GPS recalibration.
Hummm, I just don't understand what does it means. I implemented GPS localization in some of our product, and I really don't see what can be recalibrated...
The GPS module gives its position, that's all ! Never had to calibrate anything !!

Maybe by "GPS recalibration" they means "GPS receiver replacement", it would seem more realistic IMO !?

Last edited:
Well I have to report I had the PERFECT delivery experience today. After being brought forward twice!

Car was immaculate. Steve from the Torrance delivery center was on time to the minute, and looked after us like royalty. The worst thing that happened was we missed one signature and had to re-sign 2 pages of the deal.

Everything is working perfectly in the car - INCLUDING the GPS (so far at least) I am happy to report. Also interestingly the software version is version 5, build 107, which I believe is one number higher than the highest I have seen here to date.

More to come tomorrow including pictures etc. Also coming tomorrow is my Teslaaccessories CCI center console - so I will include details on that as well.

Good luck everyone out there - this car is unbelievable. and much much tighter than the last one I drove (VIN number somewhere in the low 6000's I had a rental P85 for a week when I was deciding what to do). Nothing rattles or makes any noises that are unexpected. Tiny amount of inverter noise when it's working hard, but that's pure physics - no way for them to be absolutely silent.

Just returned from 10 days off the grid (rafting down the Colorado through the Grand Canyon) to find my Model S "Production Completed". Delivery scheduled for this Sunday, 9/29. Maybe they'll move the delivery up a day or two, which would be way cool!

Just returned from 10 days off the grid (rafting down the Colorado through the Grand Canyon) to find my Model S "Production Completed". Delivery scheduled for this Sunday, 9/29. Maybe they'll move the delivery up a day or two, which would be way cool!
Congratulations. Your wait is almost over. Did the Colorado myself a couple years,,,,great time. Camping out under the stars. Could not believe how 'light' it was at night.
On another note: Care to share your VIN number? There are several of us following VIN number/delivery dates. Thanks