Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unlike many of your legitimate gripes, I don't (yet) have one. I ordered an LR on Feb 15, and my account has been saying 6 - 12 weeks for pretty much the entire time. Six weeks was like today, so they have another 6 weeks to deliver. Possible? Yes, from what I am gleaning from this group of astute in-the-know Tesla followers. So far I am enjoying the wait, like being hungry as I wait for my restaurant order arrive. The longer I wait, the hungrier I get, and the better that steak is going to taste!

The car has the old processer and is painfully slow for this computer geek. I can go month to month on the lease, but I think I will turn it in since I don't use it much during Covid.

I did learn that we get a 10 day grace period on the lease so if I turn it in I will do it next week.
Consider the MCU2 upgrade with a new IC for 1500.

If Tesla truly is about to screw the refresh on the higher trims, an older MS could hold its value well..

LR, MSM over White, Arachnids, ordered 2/1 (which is the last time I heard from Tesla)

No email, text or carrier pigeons today.

I am thinking mid-May for my car, but still waiting for signs of scaled production.

@Troy -- today you tweeted 150-300 built but undelivered refreshes - is that an estimate or is there something behind that?

Is there any hope that they are waiting for 4680 cells for the Model S refresh? It’ll be nice if the LR gets over 500 miles. I’ve been waiting since January to test drive do I can choose between the 3 and the S.
Not a chance--based on Elon's comments this week, it'll be a struggle to meet demand from the already committed models.

Unlike many of your legitimate gripes, I don't (yet) have one. I ordered an LR on Feb 15, and my account has been saying 6 - 12 weeks for pretty much the entire time. Six weeks was like today, so they have another 6 weeks to deliver. Possible? Yes, from what I am gleaning from this group of astute in-the-know Tesla followers. So far I am enjoying the wait, like being hungry as I wait for my restaurant order arrive. The longer I wait, the hungrier I get, and the better that steak is going to taste!
Good attitude! It is going to be great.

I guess they think us CA folks are so used to being bent over, that we won't mind as much....

I hope one of us speaks their mind on the earnings call...
I'm sort of optimistic Tesla will provide us with updated information (including a realistic timeline for deliveries) way before earnings on the 27th of April.

In the meantime, Tesla would be smart to post some videos.. Maybe get the reservation holders excited about the car while we're waiting....
Show off how badass the Plaid is..... Show a 1/4 mile video similar to the Lucid Air 1/4 mile videos from 6 months ago. If they were able to post a lame 5 sec clip of a plaid testing in the snow, why not a proper video showing off the performance. It's a bit weird.

I'm sort of optimistic Tesla will provide us with updated information (including a realistic timeline for deliveries) way before earnings on the 27th of April.

In the meantime, Tesla would be smart to post some videos.. Maybe get the reservation holders excited about the car while we're waiting....
Show off how badass the Plaid is..... Show a 1/4 mile video similar to the Lucid Air 1/4 mile videos from 6 months ago. If they were able to post a lame 5 sec clip of a plaid testing in the snow, why not a proper video showing off the performance. It's a bit weird.
yeah - honestly, if i could see the product in action, that'd be enough for me. ideally, i want reviews, but.. even videos showing us what the product can do would be nice.

If there were better communication and transparency, I'd be fine with the wait.

yeah - honestly, if i could see the product in action, that'd be enough for me. ideally, i want reviews, but.. even videos showing us what the product can do would be nice.
My P100D was amazing so I'm feeling optimistic about the refresh. However, there are zero videos anywhere of a plaid model S and performance. There were some posts on Reddit a few days ago; some guy doubting Tesla's performance claims etc... Even after watching all the plaid Tesla roadster test ride videos, the 9.23 at 155mph (30mph faster than a current S) is still hard to get my head around.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNGuy99
I am trying to steer myself to the reality of looking at something else. Nothing else in the EV realm is interesting to me, and the alternatives are also not enticing at the $85-90K price point. I, like so many others, sold my primary vehicle based on Tesla's assurances I'd have delivery in March. I luckily have the wife and daughter's car to drive if needed but it's still a pain in the ass.

Did you consider the Porsche Taycan?