Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A further update 6 hours later. My estimated delivery is now June 1 - June 30. If true, that seems to put me in the very early group for my 1148 order number but it may be financially driven as Tesla wants/needs to maximize Q2 deliveries and I’m in So Cal. Maybe the White paint version also helps push me up. Of course, we all don’t know what to believe yet.
You may have hit the nail on the head. Tesla needs to deliver their cars to record revenue. Any production last half of June is unlikely to be sent out of state and risk a Q3 delivery, which opens up opportunities for CA deliveries to customers who ordered more recently.

Cynical, but par for the course.

How far in advance of delivery do we usually see VINs provided?
About two weeks. Maybe 10 days. But in order to get a VIN, they need to produce cars and we all know how that’s going…or not.

At this point, like @Tigers said, I just want someone (other than Uncle Elon) to take delivery of a production car and tell us how it is, features, etc.

So I called my SA after seeing the new June estimated delivery to ask if he’s heard anything about production starting or ??? His response was hasn’t heard anything and until he starts seeing deliveries he won’t believe any of it. And I thought I was cynical!

Anyone else contact their SA to see if they’ve heard anything?
I texted my SA Yesterday. I asked if he had heard anything and if my June 1 to June 30 delivery estimate sounded incredible.
His response…

“Sounds possible. I don’t have anything in my system that has updated beyond that but I know we are expecting a bunch of model s next month”

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Racer
I checked my order for a Plaid+FSD again today. 1142xxxx ordered Late Nov 2020. East Bay CA. Still says June 1st-30th delivery as of yesterday (after months and months of nothing). The date range for delivery did not shrink or push out (yet) today.
If that holds you’d be the first to get a Plaid +. How did you order a “+” before they were announced?