Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I called my SA after seeing the new June estimated delivery to ask if he’s heard anything about production starting or ??? His response was hasn’t heard anything and until he starts seeing deliveries he won’t believe any of it. And I thought I was cynical!

Anyone else contact their SA to see if they’ve heard anything?

Damn......supposedly A LOT of cars being delivered in June.
Yes, I’m skeptical.
Well, yes and no. Assuming the news today was due to Tesla knowing production is starting any day now (big assumption) and maybe 5k-6k cars will be assembled and delivered in June, there’s maybe 30-35 posters expecting June delivery. I get the statistical projection that it’s maybe a quarter to a third of all our orders and that means maybe 15-20k total orders, but there’s a high self selection quotient with this group.

Pwrsonally, I’m skeptical because they’ve duped us before and credibility level is low, repeat credibility level is low...

Reactions: Tigers
So I called my SA after seeing the new June estimated delivery to ask if he’s heard anything about production starting or ??? His response was hasn’t heard anything and until he starts seeing deliveries he won’t believe any of it. And I thought I was cynical!

Anyone else contact their SA to see if they’ve heard anything?
This was my exchange with SA today. He was more surprised than I was. 🤣

Attachments

• 4C4D87EE-1774-4212-B00D-949C6B692E97.jpeg
    4C4D87EE-1774-4212-B00D-949C6B692E97.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 76
  • DA29DC12-EAB4-4D66-943E-2518259A5529.png
    DA29DC12-EAB4-4D66-943E-2518259A5529.png
    473 KB · Views: 60
Count me as one of the ones that started the day as July, changed to June 01-30, and now August. LR/Red/Cream/21’s/FSD in So. Cal.

According to the small sample set in the spreadsheet - cream is a very rare color, with only a handful of people noting that they have it on order. Only 2 have dates in June 1 - June 30 and both are in CA. Maybe they need to check again over the next few business days, but the upfront guess is that cream is going to be at the lowest end of demand and likely delivered last.

:confused: lets hope its not the case for me too. but I've had a - since I ordered and it only recently updated today.
I understand that. Just making the point my deal is as simple as it gets. I understand how finance works. I also understand many of the buyers have expired or expiring approvals on their loans. Also more paperwork. Not an obstacle that can’t be overcome, but also not as simple as “wire the money here” to get your car.
@Danlbrau your point is spot on. Having open items is a risk. If you’re all cash you’re good. But if you have unfinished business you may not be in the queue for delivery. Simply placing a $100 non-refundable deposit is not a guarantee if you have open items.

• Disagree
Reactions: AnselmDante
I have another data point. My order 1148xxxx placed in April now shows September which better than the - that came before today.

I’m in no rush so September would be fine.

I did change my order from deliver in WA to deliver in CA because I noticed that I could save $4,700 buying the S in CA vs WA due to CA rebate, lower taxes and fees for registration I have residences in both states so it’s legit to take delivery in either. Then there is also an SCE rebate I can probably too.
A further update 6 hours later. My estimated delivery is now June 1 - June 30. If true, that seems to put me in the very early group for my 1148 order number but it may be financially driven as Tesla wants/needs to maximize Q2 deliveries and I’m in So Cal. Maybe the White paint version also helps push me up. Of course, we all don’t know what to believe yet.