Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you delete insurance after you submit it?

I don't own insurance because I don't own a car.
I uploaded my policy binder page that has all the policy details. It expired last month. I tried to replace and it would not accept change I called my SA, she did something and I was then able to upload new insurance info.

Reactions: HumanInput
With great pride, I would like to report that I have only looked at the order page 6 times today.

When battling addiction, I think it's important to recognize even small incremental steps in the right direction. Every day is a battle.
Haha! I'm just under 10 looks today, but I haven't attempted to look at source code yet so steps!

Tesla never fails to disappoint on their trade in values. I just got one offer from Vroom and one from Tesla. Tesla offers have never been remotely competitive for me, and on this transaction they are offering $6,800 less than Vroom. Why?

You would think that Tesla is best positioned to get the highest price for the car, and would therefore be able to give competitive offers. I don't understand how they value their Tesla Trade-ins.

View attachment 671335
View attachment 671336
It is ridiculous. I got a quote for $16,000 more than Tesla offered from Carmax. Tesla will match carmax but who knows if I’ll get a Plaid delivered within the 30 day trade in timeframe. I’m in Texas so I’ll lose the tax offset but I’d rather sell it while I can and take the extra.

On second thought maybe I’ll contact Tesla and see if I can bring the car in now and pick up the Plaid when it comes in so I don’t miss the window.

Reactions: EVonly and T-Racer
It is ridiculous. I got a quote for $16,000 more than Tesla offered from Carmax. Tesla will match carmax but who knows if I’ll get a Plaid delivered within the 30 day trade in timeframe. I’m in Texas so I’ll lose the tax offset but I’d rather sell it while I can and take the extra.

On second thought maybe I’ll contact Tesla and see if I can bring the car in now and pick up the Plaid when it comes in so I don’t miss the window.
Tesla doesn't match on the trade in anymore

So you just gave Tesla the CarMax quote and they offered to match it?

Finally got a call from Fremont to convert my Plaid+ order over to Plaid…which it already is.

SA said that the $8k FSD matching was based on doing things over the phone and placing a new order because they need to verify the original price from the old order. Could be true, could be commission sugar, could be false altogether.

Didn’t give me any additional insights on delivery beside what is on the website, so a pretty normal SA call 😂

Tesla never fails to disappoint on their trade in values. I just got one offer from Vroom and one from Tesla. Tesla offers have never been remotely competitive for me, and on this transaction they are offering $6,800 less than Vroom. Why?

You would think that Tesla is best positioned to get the highest price for the car, and would therefore be able to give competitive offers. I don't understand how they value their Tesla Trade-ins.

View attachment 671335
View attachment 671336
They have a highly qualified person who does that.

13431406-E33D-440A-83B8-3B615686AE7C.png

What I still can’t believe is when you go on the website and build a new plaid, it is still saying a June delivery……that is son bullsugar if you ask me…you would think they would change that at this point.

Ahh, but if you look closely, as others have noted, it doesn't say which year..

Finally got a call from Fremont to convert my Plaid+ order over to Plaid…which it already is.

SA said that the $8k FSD matching was based on doing things over the phone and placing a new order because they need to verify the original price from the old order. Could be true, could be commission sugar, could be false altogether.

Didn’t give me any additional insights on delivery beside what is on the website, so a pretty normal SA call 😂
OLA said the same to me. So some reassurance.

What I still can’t believe is when you go on the website and build a new plaid, it is still saying a June delivery……that is son bullsugar if you ask me…you would think they would change that at this point.
If they change it, that is communicating with the customer and goes against their core values.

I understand this must be frustrating, but have you considered updating your trade-in? The used car values are increasing! If you need any more details, I’m sure they’ll text or call you once the problem is moot, otherwise they’d enter helpful territory and you understand that would require effort.

Thanks for being a customer, because the only thing beyond rage is insanity! 🤪

It's pretty specific if you go down to the interior colors. June for black/cream with wood. If you are CF or White it's saying deliveries start in August. Hopefully that applies mainly to new orders and the supply issue doesn't hit those of us that got in earlier and have CF or White interior.