Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes I feel that LR purchasers be like this at the Fremont Logistics Lot:
giphy.gif

I was told by SA to upload my proof of insurance (even though it doesn't/can't include my MS VIN at this point) just to ensure the profile appears complete.

I don't know if it necessarily matters - at least, in my case, I uploaded when ordering and my LR still shows as blank, and my Plaid still shows as June, but I did it for both in case it helps my profile look any more "complete".
Yeah I tried this "trick" and went from August to September and then blank within 5 days.

EDIT: AND I got my financing approval during my order process. I am about as complete as you can be. Just don't think any of that matters, sadly.

Reactions: Moose57
What's weird is - this says the livestream starts at "7:00PM Pacific" (I know the invites say remarks at 8:30PM).

So if we get on there at 7:00PM, what the hell are we going to be watching? The monkey throwing darts to see who get the next set of orders?
So starts at either 10 PM eastern or 11:30 PM eastern. Is it normal for Tesla to have events that late? Or is anything Tesla does normal?

The pic isn't definitive on whether they are matrix headlights .. he's just going by the separate lamps in each housing .. last I read was they were illegal in the US .. but very prominent in high end cars overseas ... basically the lamps automatically adjust to let you see around corners and turns ... would be cool ...

Matrix would also eliminate the need for the extra lamps the S illuminates when you use the turn signal.
Because there are four smaller points of light than one single, large point of light, I am wondering if the headlights are like these from the Panamera (maybe "matrix" is the wrong term):

1623262980674.png

1623263036145.png

Reactions: HumanInput
ill hit the ceiling if the CT gets canceled! :mad:

If the CT turns out to be plagued with the same problems we have seen for this refresh, I will just modify my current MS to suit my needs, a la Truckla. I'd keep the hatch and add a extended camper/bed and also a hitch and possible trailer. Call it a Mstruck.

At some point, gotta let Elon be Elon and move on. Hope it doesn't come to that very soon though.

The pic isn't definitive on whether they are matrix headlights .. he's just going by the separate lamps in each housing .. last I read was they were illegal in the US .. but very prominent in high end cars overseas ... basically the lamps automatically adjust to let you see around corners and turns ... would be cool ...

Matrix would also eliminate the need for the extra lamps the S illuminates when you use the turn signal.
Doesn't every Acura have Matrix headlights though?

Tesla never fails to disappoint on their trade in values. I just got one offer from Vroom and one from Tesla. Tesla offers have never been remotely competitive for me, and on this transaction they are offering $6,800 less than Vroom. Why?

You would think that Tesla is best positioned to get the highest price for the car, and would therefore be able to give competitive offers. I don't understand how they value their Tesla Trade-ins.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.36.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.37.03 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: croman
Cybertruck could get canceled in the future. And there’s still no confirmation of Y getting new batteries.

Can't predict the future, could not have predicted 90% of the stuff that has happened on this refresh.

But I will posit the CT will be on the table long enough to suck every other auto maker into committing 100% to BEV trucks, like the MS has done for all the sports and premium sedan mfgs.

Reactions: omarsultan