Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You would think Brooks would be pretty skeptical of the Plaid. Despite being fully invested in ICE, he seems to be very open minded.
He actually is very open minded, and he has been for a very long time. He has videos of Teslas dating all the way back to the P85. He's pretty much owned/tested every high performance Tesla since. Can't wait for his videos on the Plaid.

I noticed this “towing” tab while watching OCDetailing review. Perhaps just there for the MX or could be a future feature since a hitch access panel has been mentioned. I would love a factory hitch for a bike rack!

Attachments

• 422F8914-B49F-4621-97F3-0D90FDD65FA1.jpeg
    422F8914-B49F-4621-97F3-0D90FDD65FA1.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 72
I noticed this “towing” tab while watching OCDetailing review. Perhaps just there for the MX or could be a future feature since a hitch access panel has been mentioned. I would love a factory hitch for a bike rack!
This is not like "tow mode" on the X, that button gives you instructions on how to put the car into tow mode if it is the one being towed (i.e on a flatbed).

Just picked up my plaid. All I can is that it is an out of body experience. I am just figuring things out but it does everything well. Acceleration was a bit intense but fun as hell. The cornering and suspension better than expected. I actually am getting used to the yolk . I figured out what works best at slow speed turns. One pushes up one side of the yolk while pulling down with the other. Sounds complicated but it actually comes natural after a while. Overall I have no complaints other than it is scary fast. I speak from experience since my other cars are a Lamborghini Hurucan Performante along with an Bmw M5. The fit and finish is equivalent to any of my former Porsches or my Lamborghini. I’ll have more later.
How are the brakes compared to you Lamborghini and BMW? Congrats, car(s) look clean!

Reactions: jleonk and hcdavis3
Does anyone have a definitive list of hardware or software differences between a Plaid and a LR? I'm worried about that cost saving feature I wanted but went away!

I would love to see this too!
Totally speculating, not a definitive list. Others can chime in to tell me I am wrong or add to the list.

The main hardware difference is the additional motor on the Plaid, plus the option of carbon fiber that is about as mysterious as delivery dates. The Plaid seats have a colored piping and stitching to them. Spoiler (although you could add an after market one to the LR).

Software wise, you get the launch mode and visualizations with the Plaid.

Beyond that, I am unaware of anything else drastically different. All fairness, we have not seen a LR in the wild yet.

Just picked up my plaid. All I can is that it is an out of body experience. I am just figuring things out but it does everything well. Acceleration was a bit intense but fun as hell. The cornering and suspension better than expected. I actually am getting used to the yolk . I figured out what works best at slow speed turns. One pushes up one side of the yolk while pulling down with the other. Sounds complicated but it actually comes natural after a while. Overall I have no complaints other than it is scary fast. I speak from experience since my other cars are a Lamborghini Hurucan Performante along with an Bmw M5. The fit and finish is equivalent to any of my former Porsches or my Lamborghini. I’ll have more later.
Yet another new first look at the car and Tesla has addressed so many of the Model S' past dings.
Did a Hurucan/M5 person just say the car is "scary fast" :)
I want to be scared please.

Beyond that, I am unaware of anything else drastically different. All fairness, we have not seen a LR in the wild yet.
I believe there’s also a free personality test with the Plaid. You don’t have to answer anything, but if you accept delivery, it confirms the prognosis 🦚