Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watching the latest Gabeincal video makes me concerned a bit. If the rollout of the refresh is starting to roll, why are there still a large number of cars sitting in that extended storage area? It doesn't appear any have moved and while I have previously noted that some parts seem to be missing (driver's IP in particular) is this something that can be rectified by a team quickly in order to get them into owners hands?

I'm also wondering about where the Model X sits in all of this. I'm seeing a few of them - again it's unclear whether these are the same test mules, initial production or the start of full production. If they are the same test mules then they're just getting moved around a fair bit. If, as Musk/Tesla have suggested that X production will begin a month after the S, when should we start seeing production en masse - July (so I would assume)?

You would think Brooks would be pretty skeptical of the Plaid. Despite being fully invested in ICE, he seems to be very open minded.

Actually, Brooks is a believer in EVs over ICE. He said so in some videos in that ICE just can't compete with EV in terms of drag racing(street cars). I think he is a believer. I also believe he will get the most out of the car too.

To all that have gotten and posted and will get and post over the weeks to come, thank you so much. It makes the waiting sooooo much easier and really helps to confirm the decision to buy. Most people have different life experience and thus will notice/react to different things in the car. Having all this input makes a difference.

Anyone notice TSLA lately? :)

It certainly is for bragging rights to be < 2.0 sec. and people driving MS Plaids will be posting their duplicated 2.0-2.2 sec 0-60mph & 1/4 mi times & ETs all over the place over the next 6+ months. And as far as the C8 Vette goes, would that be 2.8 sec or 2.88 sec (and with or without the 1’ rollout)? Lol. 🤔😜. Who cares?

Unless the C8 Z06 comes out and it's doing 2.5s 0-60 mph (with roll-out so the number looks more impressive 😁 ). But I doubt that car will be out for a while as GM is really struggling with part shortages. The car to watch for in a few years is the "E Ray" which will be an electrified vette.

To all that have gotten and posted and will get and post over the weeks to come, thank you so much. It makes the waiting sooooo much easier and really helps to confirm the decision to buy. Most people have different life experience and thus will notice/react to different things in the car. Having all this input makes a difference.

Anyone notice TSLA lately? :)
yep trending upward a little.

Watching the latest Gabeincal video makes me concerned a bit. If the rollout of the refresh is starting to roll, why are there still a large number of cars sitting in that extended storage area? It doesn't appear any have moved and while I have previously noted that some parts seem to be missing (driver's IP in particular) is this something that can be rectified by a team quickly in order to get them into owners hands?

I'm also wondering about where the Model X sits in all of this. I'm seeing a few of them - again it's unclear whether these are the same test mules, initial production or the start of full production. If they are the same test mules then they're just getting moved around a fair bit. If, as Musk/Tesla have suggested that X production will begin a month after the S, when should we start seeing production en masse - July (so I would assume)?
I have the same questions, it doesn’t make sense to me.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@Tigers eyes are impressive!

It reminds me of when the Model X door buttons didn't line up on the exterior. Does it really hurt anything? No, but it looks like a manufacturing process issue where they need to realign the components on the door panel. I don't think this is something they can fix without removing and replacing the entire door with the modular design that it has. Could also be the body trim, really hard to tell.

One of the few kinks they will need to iron out but luckily it is cosmetic and if you can live with that then no worries.

@TrevTremaine @Aplus2005 they are missing parts

Last edited:
I've been checking this forum occasionally, but have never posted. Only writing to let you all know that yesterday I got my VIN and my delivery is scheduled for Monday the 28th at Mt. Kisco NY. I ordered the LR about mid Jan. To be honest, at this point, I almost don't even want to car anymore. I'm pretty over it. Anyhow, just a heads up to those of you awaiting deliveries especially on the East Coast that the cars are indeed coming soon.

I've been checking this forum occasionally, but have never posted. Only writing to let you all know that yesterday I got my VIN and my delivery is scheduled for Monday the 28th at Mt. Kisco NY. I ordered the LR about mid Jan. To be honest, at this point, I almost don't even want to car anymore. I'm pretty over it. Anyhow, just a heads up to those of you awaiting deliveries especially on the East Coast that the cars are indeed coming soon.
What was your order date vs the agreement date

I'm over b on dc/md area order mid dec with a agreement date of Feb 3rd... Still blank..

Did you have an estimated delivery date before getting vin?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Funny thing this morning is that my account went back totally blank. Back to not even having the words "Expected Deliver".
I would tell you that the “Expected Deliver” doesn’t mean *sugar* and only a VIN assignment matters. But you prove that theory is also *sugar*.

Until you pull into your parking spot at home then you will know that it is real.

just seems like something to keep my hope up at this point but anyway you can share some of your RV number 1142,3,4,5? Might not matter for plaid vs lr but seems to be your post for an east coaster lr is more communication than received by the tesla team

What was your order date vs the agreement date

I'm over b on dc/md area order mid dec with a agreement date of Feb 3rd... Still blank..

Did you have an estimated delivery date before getting vin?
Don't recall the agreement date. Order was sometime in mid Jan - the 12th I believe. Only reason I found out I had a VIN is that I just checked my account and there it was. I emailed SA and he called and gave me the delivery date. I've had a variety of estimates over the course. To the point where I stopped looking regularly. The whole thing got a little ridiculous. Latest was "July" before I saw the VIN.

Don't recall the agreement date. Order was sometime in mid Jan - the 12th I believe. Only reason I found out I had a VIN is that I just checked my account and there it was. I emailed SA and he called and gave me the delivery date. I've had a variety of estimates over the course. To the point where I stopped looking regularly. The whole thing got a little ridiculous. Latest was "July" before I saw the VIN.
That's awesome though. At least hope for some of us LR orders. What was your color config?