Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good lord. I was told previously that all Tesla financing was good for 90 days. This is concerning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210624-142416_Signal.jpg
    Screenshot_20210624-142416_Signal.jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20210624-142441_Signal.jpg
    Screenshot_20210624-142441_Signal.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 87
I am getting XPEL Prime XR Plus 35 on the back windows and hatch and 70 on the front driver and passenger windows. If you are new to tint and worry about these things, CA requires front windows to have 70% VLT (and your installer should give you a certificate that the front windows are compliant).
Whatever you do, I trust your decisions 100%! I will look into it. Would love to see the photos when done!

Wish it was a friend and I'd get more detailed info. Switched my order to 21s. In Arizona potholes aren't really an issue (at least my area). I had preferred the 19s for range purposes but I'm done waiting.
As far as why... Elon. Probably need to produce them since he got a wild hair and changed them. Personally think it was the right call as the old 19s were ugly as hell IMO, but added delays suck.
Changed my order today as well for the same reason. Not sure it will help in the end, but does not look like it can hurt my chances.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I am getting XPEL Prime XR Plus 35 on the back windows and hatch and 70 on the front driver and passenger windows. If you are new to tint and worry about these things, CA requires front windows to have 70% VLT (and your installer should give you a certificate that the front windows are compliant).
Awesome! I just dropped my car off this morning for tint and xpel! :D

Well, just got some bad news… Tesla just called me and thanked me for my March Plaid order. He then proceeded to ask if I wanted to switch to the wood trim in order to receive an earlier delivery, possibly within the next week. He said if I want to keep the CF trim I'll have to wait until AUGUST because that's when CF orders will begin. They're trying to fulfill the wood orders first and my account came up for review as one of those who could get a Plaid sooner rather than later. I pulled up the website to look at the wood trim and left him hanging for a few seconds, but held the line and said I'd wait for the CF because I rather get my Plaid the way I want it, especially for this kind of money. Nothing against the wood trim as I think it looks good, but I chose red specifically to go for a more sporty-aggressive look which I think CF would compliment more (I don't know)? Anyways, I'm super bummed now as I know I won't be getting it this month or next 😭 I was really looking forward to bringing my baby girl (due in July) home in this beautiful ride. Damn you Tesla!

What would be easier than getting Tesla to get you the car on time would be to just have your baby stay up in there until August.

New S’s arriving at Tysons.

Attachments

• E9F4CC08-3BA5-4CB2-B209-FFE5C55D3B6F.jpeg
    E9F4CC08-3BA5-4CB2-B209-FFE5C55D3B6F.jpeg
    454.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 0D75A6D9-EECF-4E8F-B822-430E064E16FA.jpeg
    0D75A6D9-EECF-4E8F-B822-430E064E16FA.jpeg
    421.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 6723CCF9-78B9-4D67-9C9B-BB65E570EE7D.jpeg
    6723CCF9-78B9-4D67-9C9B-BB65E570EE7D.jpeg
    428.1 KB · Views: 77
  • B6981865-6ACB-422F-BB79-2E75A04F4245.jpeg
    B6981865-6ACB-422F-BB79-2E75A04F4245.jpeg
    683 KB · Views: 82
  • F1A6E6CA-D852-4002-80E8-1CFDB24C5B7C.jpeg
    F1A6E6CA-D852-4002-80E8-1CFDB24C5B7C.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 9B1099FD-3210-444E-ABEE-2C243C4A4F67.jpeg
    9B1099FD-3210-444E-ABEE-2C243C4A4F67.jpeg
    724.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 32C83C24-7D30-4BD1-A025-DA662B26AEF4.jpeg
    32C83C24-7D30-4BD1-A025-DA662B26AEF4.jpeg
    462.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 884DEFAD-C6CC-44D0-9AEF-E8B653EF025D.jpeg
    884DEFAD-C6CC-44D0-9AEF-E8B653EF025D.jpeg
    648.8 KB · Views: 78
Just got my VIN and Scheduled for Delivery Monday 10 AM - hasn't left factory yet so hopefully it gets here. White on White with Walnut trim and 21" Wheels.

I will say I never got email or text of VIN - I had to look in the portal to see it. I called as I wasn't getting text or option to schedule delivery, when I called they said the system will text when its leaving factory, I hung up and magically got the text.

Restriction in CA that you cannot fully tint the windshield--only a 4" strip across the top. That is not something I would do anyway--like to preserve forward visibility and invest in a good pair of sunglasses instead.

There are 70% and 80% tints that do almost zero to change anything regarding visibility, but massively cut down on heat gain. My windshield has 70% and you wouldn't think it was anything but clear. I doubt anyone would ever put a meter on it.

Well, just got some bad news… Tesla just called me and thanked me for my March Plaid order. He then proceeded to ask if I wanted to switch to the wood trim in order to receive an earlier delivery, possibly within the next week. He said if I want to keep the CF trim I'll have to wait until AUGUST because that's when CF orders will begin. They're trying to fulfill the wood orders first and my account came up for review as one of those who could get a Plaid sooner rather than later. I pulled up the website to look at the wood trim and left him hanging for a few seconds, but held the line and said I'd wait for the CF because I rather get my Plaid the way I want it, especially for this kind of money. Nothing against the wood trim as I think it looks good, but I chose red specifically to go for a more sporty-aggressive look which I think CF would compliment more (I don't know)? Anyways, I'm super bummed now as I know I won't be getting it this month or next 😭 I was really looking forward to bringing my baby girl (due in July) home in this beautiful ride. Damn you Tesla!
That's exactly what I've been told too BUT it's b.s. because we've seen OTHER Plaids being delivered with CF trim. Really.

Just got my VIN and Scheduled for Delivery Monday 10 AM - hasn't left factory yet so hopefully it gets here. White on White with Walnut trim and 21" Wheels.

I will say I never got email or text of VIN - I had to look in the portal to see it. I called as I wasn't getting text or option to schedule delivery, when I called they said the system will text when its leaving factory, I hung up and magically got the text.
Hmmm, the first white interior it seems

Why do I get a feeling that we’re going to hear soon that CF is going to be removed as an option entirely and they’re just trying to get as many people to volunteer to switch as possible. This is smelling like the Plaid+ to Plaid requests.
Oh no, you make a point there! Now I'm worried lol.

No need for carbon fiber as wood is just good enough 😂

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Congratulations, would you mind sharing your VIN we dont need the last three digits plz.

White on white with walnut. Clean and classy combo as well 👍 Please post interior/exterior pics and congrats!!!