Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like we have ~30 VINs assigned out of 285 orders tracked, so a little over 10%--lots of folks still waiting, but glad to see the progress :)

I do think TMC is a smaller % of all orders because when I was taking delivery earlier this week, I was told 35 cars have been delivered in Seattle area. That’s obviously a lot more than what’s represented here. Either that or we have 34 lurkers enjoying their Plaids/LRs. 😅

Original order was March. I put a new order in when, thanks to this forum, it seemed like CF interior was delayed. I canceled the March order when the June order with walnut interior got a VIN.
Yup I did the same thing. Of course, now the 19s are another issue for me 🙈.
Super skeptical of my June estimate which updated today.
Seriously. I have zero expectation it’ll actually be delivered in the next week.
Lol I agree

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Why would someone pay more to get less with these so called competitors? Lucid has delivered peanuts so far and Porsche Taycan does not offer the range, supercharging network and autopilot. Why even bother with it then? If there were legitimate competitors, thousands of us would've jumped ship long ago instead of dealing with Tesla's horrendous customer service right now. Fact is, there are no true competitors to Tesla and Tesla is aware of this.
You might want to inform Lucid Motors and Porsche? It seems they are spending an awful lot of desperate money in an attempt to persuade people in the hopeless attempt of selling their worthless cars?

I do think TMC is a smaller % of all orders because when I was taking delivery earlier this week, I was told 35 cars have been delivered in Seattle area. That’s obviously a lot more than what’s represented here. Either that or we have 34 lurkers enjoying their Plaids/LRs. 😅
Those folks should be ashamed not being on TMC 🤣😄

For Flórida orders, I was told by my SC just now that FL Plaids are not being assigned now because of the DMV issue, which is expected to be resolved today, so ‘some Plaid deliveries’ would begin next Tuesday. She knew nothing about others parts of Florida that already have Plaids in the SC’s. She said there were none in any Miami location. She also said they are delivering Y and 3 ‘as they arrive’. Right now every new car has been delivered. The showroom is empty. There are a handful of used cars on site, but that is all they have in Coral Gables. Unhas never seen it empty of new cars, since it opened about three years ago.

Agree, but I think n=285 might be large enough to discern some patterns in the broader community.

Ok so after having the Plaid for a few days here is my review pros and cons, when compared to my model 3 performance that I traded in:

Plaid.
Performance…the acceleration is ungodly! I find myself doing 80 in the blink of an eye where in my 3 it would have been 50 and I really need to be careful. I will be getting a radar detector pro install ASAP. The thing pulls from 60 the way my 3 did from a dig. Drag strip mode is my friend lol and I have actually scared several people along with hurting their backs. A buddy I gave a ride in started saying “please stop please stop.” Lol Handling is great though not quite as “darty” as my 3 was( which was to be expected.) But then again, it is so much more stable and does not have the body roll my 3 did, and while it is heavier and feels much bigger, I don’t feel the same bottom feels heavy feeling, if that makes sense. I love the suspension adjustments, and the ride is way more compliant.

Ride… so much better, even on these horrible Cali roads where they haven’t fixed them in over a year and a half. I don’t feel the banging of the bumps like I did in the 3, even in sport.

Fit and finish…awesome! The carpet and alcantara in areas that used to be cheap hard plastic is very nice and rich. I actually like the dark wood with the black a lot. I was genuinely concerned about this going in to the purchase, as I originally wanted the white with cf and that was what I originally ordered, although I felt like there was too much white, unlike my 3.

Comfort…the white seats I had on my 3 were actually softer and cushier but these are so comfortable and much more supportive in hard turning. I used to slide all over in those. I like having the breeze on my back as well. The rear seat room is awesome compared to my 3 and space overall is much better. Trips will be even better for passengers. Again ride and stability is top notch.

Stereo…actually for some reason even though it is more powerful than the one in my 3, it does not sound quite as good. Not quite enough bass for me so I will be getting a sub with a separate amp. I am pretty sure this is all it is as the system sounds pretty clean. Sound is very important to me so if I really want to get crazy I guess I could get a separate amp, for all the speakers but then again that could take me into warranty issues…so not sure. I like clean mids and highs with good hits out of the regular speakers and some boom and throw from the sub, which the 3 had more of.

tech…so much better in the S. 4 phone chargers are awesome. 3 screens rock and I like having the info right in front of me. So customizable. Suspension, steering modes, etc. mirrors fold when I come into my driveway, home link is great, visibility with the yoke is incredible although the 3 was more like driving in a bubble when it came to looking behind. Display is so much nicer. Have not even used auto pilot yet since it is STILL at 99%! Got used to the shifter on the screen right away.

Yoke…I love it! I thought it would be a total pain and I got acclimated on like 5 minutes. (Maybe I play too many video games?) of course I did reach to shift when I first drove it. Got used to the signals because I used to ride GSXR 1000s. Still have a few issues with accidentally hitting the signal when I am trying to fast forward the song.

Utility… We will find out when I actually go on a trip this weekend but yeah, more room.

So is there anything I would change about this car? I would improve the stereo. That’s it. I have an appointment for ppf and tint Wednesday. I already took off the front plate and I think I can go with Cali legal tint because the inside already seems darker cause of the dark seats and the ceiling glass is much darker than in my 3. Overall love the car so much. Was it worth it? **** yeah! I’m 52 years old and miss my stupid fast motorcycles and this will smoke even them. I would possibly kill myself on them and probably hurt myself. Did it make financial sense? Of course not. I’m not rich but my wife and I own our house and I have solar, and really no big bills. ( until my $800 payment on this lol-put 40 down plus 50 for the trade) The wife was a little mad at me for getting it but she is coming around. Before you know it she will be wanting to drive this one like she did the last, and playing that stupid Karaoke. :)

Anyway there is my write up. Cheers.

Ok so after having the Plaid for a few days here is my review pros and cons, when compared to my model 3 performance that I traded in:

Plaid.
Performance…the acceleration is ungodly! I find myself doing 80 in the blink of an eye where in my 3 it would have been 50 and I really need to be careful. I will be getting a radar detector pro install ASAP. The thing pulls from 60 the way my 3 did from a dig. Drag strip mode is my friend lol and I have actually scared several people along with hurting their backs. A buddy I gave a ride in started saying “please stop please stop.” Lol Handling is great though not quite as “darty” as my 3 was( which was to be expected.) But then again, it is so much more stable and does not have the body roll my 3 did, and while it is heavier and feels much bigger, I don’t feel the same bottom feels heavy feeling, if that makes sense. I love the suspension adjustments, and the ride is way more compliant.

Ride… so much better, even on these horrible Cali roads where they haven’t fixed them in over a year and a half. I don’t feel the banging of the bumps like I did in the 3, even in sport.

Fit and finish…awesome! The carpet and alcantara in areas that used to be cheap hard plastic is very nice and rich. I actually like the dark wood with the black a lot. I was genuinely concerned about this going in to the purchase, as I originally wanted the white with cf and that was what I originally ordered, although I felt like there was too much white, unlike my 3.

Comfort…the white seats I had on my 3 were actually softer and cushier but these are so comfortable and much more supportive in hard turning. I used to slide all over in those. I like having the breeze on my back as well. The rear seat room is awesome compared to my 3 and space overall is much better. Trips will be even better for passengers. Again ride and stability is top notch.

Stereo…actually for some reason even though it is more powerful than the one in my 3, it does not sound quite as good. Not quite enough bass for me so I will be getting a sub with a separate amp. I am pretty sure this is all it is as the system sounds pretty clean. Sound is very important to me so if I really want to get crazy I guess I could get a separate amp, for all the speakers but then again that could take me into warranty issues…so not sure. I like clean mids and highs with good hits out of the regular speakers and some boom and throw from the sub, which the 3 had more of.

tech…so much better in the S. 4 phone chargers are awesome. 3 screens rock and I like having the info right in front of me. So customizable. Suspension, steering modes, etc. mirrors fold when I come into my driveway, home link is great, visibility with the yoke is incredible although the 3 was more like driving in a bubble when it came to looking behind. Display is so much nicer. Have not even used auto pilot yet since it is STILL at 99%! Got used to the shifter on the screen right away.

Yoke…I love it! I thought it would be a total pain and I got acclimated on like 5 minutes. (Maybe I play too many video games?) of course I did reach to shift when I first drove it. Got used to the signals because I used to ride GSXR 1000s. Still have a few issues with accidentally hitting the signal when I am trying to fast forward the song.

Utility… We will find out when I actually go on a trip this weekend but yeah, more room.

So is there anything I would change about this car? I would improve the stereo. That’s it. I have an appointment for ppf and tint Wednesday. I already took off the front plate and I think I can go with Cali legal tint because the inside already seems darker cause of the dark seats and the ceiling glass is much darker than in my 3. Overall love the car so much. Was it worth it? **** yeah! I’m 52 years old and miss my stupid fast motorcycles and this will smoke even them. I would possibly kill myself on them and probably hurt myself. Did it make financial sense? Of course not. I’m not rich but my wife and I own our house and I have solar, and really no big bills. ( until my $800 payment on this lol-put 40 down plus 50 for the trade) The wife was a little mad at me for getting it but she is coming around. Before you know it she will be wanting to drive this one like she did the last, and playing that stupid Karaoke. :)

Thank you for your thoughtful and insightful review. Congrats on the car!

Added a "Build Date" column to the tracking spreadsheet...

Plaid.

Does the sound system get loud and clear enough? I don’t mind not having a too much bass buy in the Y I got my parents it did not seem to get loud enough without sounding like it was clipping.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid