Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I changed the color from blue to black and wheels from 19" to 21"!
I was getting a strong resistance from my wife regarding the blue color so i fell prey to that. And recent black pictures did not help lol
And yes, the guy at the front desk in the tesla showroom told me that tesla makes cars for the US only 4 times a year, so I will get my LR in september.

Why the resistance to the blue? It's not exactly a loud color....

I'm currently looking into interior wraps.. I'd like to have the 'ebony' wood wrapped to look like ebony wood (black.)
Might be pretty easy to have the walnut wrapped.
And what happens if someone scuffs the interior trim with their foot or you accidentally scrape it with a pen or whatever? Just thinking that you would be pretty upset if some of the interior trim wrap gets gauged and starts peeling off. Just a thought. I would just go with whatever you want for the trim...CF or wood and just leave it; don't mess with it. Just my thoughts.

I was told it was 19", CF, White and Red. Supplier problems appear to be the major issue. I have less than total confidence in what I am being told.
IT will be interesting to know what happens today. Both of my Tesla people called separately saying they were working with "other people" to find me a car.
Maybe...
Idk maybe it's just me. Seems it would have made more sense if Tesla held off on the 19" wheel change, one day before the start of deliveries.
But nope, they chose to ship cars with the wrong wheels and hold up thousands of cars sitting there all ready to go.

Yes, removing it was no problem. The problem is they update your pricing to the current price book, and since LR cars haven’t had any price change it is a nonissue. However, on Plaid cars with the $10,000 price increase this wouldn’t work.
Does changing the color if I have pre ordered a plaid cause the $10,000 increase or can I change the color? Can’t decide between MGM, blue or the red. Currently have red / white / CF / 21 on order.

They took my June away a few days ago and since then I have been blank.
while waiting in desperation ordered a dragy couple days back…. And today a plaid T shirt. Lol at this speed I will buy everything in Tesla shop while waiting on the car
you are rewarding their sloppiness and incompetence by throwing more money at them lol

I'm currently looking into interior wraps.. I'd like to have the 'ebony' wood wrapped to look like ebony wood (black.)
Might be pretty easy to have the walnut wrapped.
Are you being serious right now? You want a vinyl wrap to make the wood look more authentic? I put chrome delete on my previous Model S, but I don’t think vinyl on the dash will give you a luxurious impression on the interior.

I was getting a strong resistance from my wife regarding the blue color so i fell prey to that. And recent black pictures did not help lol
And yes, the guy at the front desk in the tesla showroom told me that tesla makes cars for the US only 4 times a year, so I will get my LR in september.
So you’re saying they now won’t fulfill our orders because they’re going to start filling orders for other countries?

Smh that's very frustrating to hear. So they thought it was a good idea to ship cars with the wrong wheels ?
In all fairness, if they can ship the rims and wheels to the service center, why not have the car there ready to go to swap? As opposed to doing it at Fremont waiting for parts and THEN ship it to the delivery center. I get it, that makes too much sense for Tesla to do and there is plenty of evidence of them NOT doing it. But maybe this is a one off? Fill a spot on a truck? Many other variables at play.

So you’re saying they now won’t fulfill our orders because they’re going to start filling orders for other countries?

There is no confirmation that Tesla will be exporting Model S any time soon, and with plenty of backlogged demand in the US, it makes sense that they will work to clear a substantial amount of pending orders here (where lower transportation costs help increase margins) before beginning exports. The only note I've seen is an update from @Troy (noted logistics tracker / production and delivery analyst) indicating that Tesla will begin exporting Plaids in October, but even this is unconfirmed.

I would agree, traditionally, with that last statement. But I do not know where else other than the US (and Canada) that the model S has a 2021 delivery window. Elsewhere is all 2022 and beyond. Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong there.