Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah! There's always an excuse for this kind of treatment of customer when it comes to Tesla and its defenders on there forums. It's a sad reality.
Hopefully the upcoming responses from cultists will make your pain bearable. Wait for them to tell you this:
"Don't buy it or deal with it."
"When you get the car you'll know it was all worth it"
😂
Even weirder is that I submitted my down payment and my financing made it through. They have my money and I don't have a car. It was drafted from my account this morning. Is this even legal? I believe my first car payment is on the 16th. I will most likely have to pay it right after I receive the car. So, essentially I am paying interest on a car that I don't even have. Brutal feeling to say the least.

Greg

After less than a full day of having my MSLR I am very satisfied.
Some things feel less than intuitive, but I'm sure that more my fault than the cars.

Congrats on your LR!
I had to laugh at your comment. That word intuitive, I do not think it means what you think it means

I'm confused, I thought he had it right.

"using or based on what one feels to be true even without conscious reasoning; instinctive."

I had to think about this again. Basically the controls in a car can be designed to be intuitive "easy to use and understand" - from a successful design perspective anyway. Control says "Suspension", it should take you to the suspension settings. Easy, you don't have to think about it. The UI feels intuitive.

So if something in a car is not intuitive to you then that's a failure of the design. Because if it was intuitive then you would have figured it out without thinking much about it. Therefore it can't be your fault that something doesn't feel intuitive, it must be the car's fault that it's not intuitive. That's what intuitive means.

It can still be a complex control, certainly the UI is full of difficult features. Nothing wrong with having a whole lot of features. But if something isn't intuitive, then it's not intuitive - nothing to do with you. IOW you can say that "the controls are complex", but not "it's my fault that the controls aren't intuitive". Well. made me laugh anyway, even if I'm wrong.

Somebody will be looking for a replacement Plaid soon:

I guess that is one way to find out for sure that it isn't using 4680s:

1625097436374.png

I am thrilled I am getting my new Tesla someday. It seems like a great car. But it is definitely the last Tesla I will ever purchase. Wife wants a new smaller car. She currently drives an older MB C300. She is Interested in model 3. I squashed that idea. We are Going over to Mercedes next week to buy her another C300.
I went through this crap with Tesla. I certainly am not going to do it for her car also. She drives under 4000 miles per year. When there is a problem she calls my name. With MB she just calls them up and they drive a loaner(another Benz) over to her and pick up her car for the service. When car is ready, they drop it off and pick up loaner. Oh and the have a complete CS dept and service dept that really want the work whether warranties or not. Oh and they have peoples names and phone numbers and email addresses. Amazing! A normal good company.

Well, I don’t know exactly what time this happened as I was working all day but I went from blank to August! Also, I was going post about how I was doing fine wait for my car until others got their Red refresh! The pictures had me so jealous and right in time I have new hope!

No VIN yet…

Attachments

• 6CEC7253-974B-40AE-8566-CB551A79D5F5.jpeg
    6CEC7253-974B-40AE-8566-CB551A79D5F5.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 50
I am thrilled I am getting my new Tesla someday. It seems like a great car. But it is definitely the last Tesla I will ever purchase. Wife wants a new smaller car. She currently drives an older MB C300. She is Interested in model 3. I squashed that idea. We are Going over to Mercedes next week to buy her another C300.
I went through this crap with Tesla. I certainly am not going to do it for her car also. She drives under 4000 miles per year. When there is a problem she calls my name. With MB she just calls them up and they drive a loaner(another Benz) over to her and pick up her car for the service. When car is ready, they drop it off and pick up loaner. Oh and the have a complete CS dept and service dept that really want the work whether warranties or not. Oh and they have peoples names and phone numbers and email addresses. Amazing! A normal good company.
Pity she's missing out on a great car. Thank god i finally got my wife out her Mercedes GL 450.

Even weirder is that I submitted my down payment and my financing made it through. They have my money and I don't have a car. It was drafted from my account this morning. Is this even legal? I believe my first car payment is on the 16th. I will most likely have to pay it right after I receive the car. So, essentially I am paying interest on a car that I don't even have. Brutal feeling to say the least.

Greg
Ugh sorry to hear. There has to be a way to reverse the financing that already went through. If not, Tesla should credit you the 1st payment. It’s their F up.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Somebody will be looking for a replacement Plaid soon:

I guess that is one way to find out for sure that it isn't using 4680s:

View attachment 679894
Yikes. Musk said they were worried about battery safety about the new S on last earnings call. This feels like an awfully bad sign. They’ve barely delivered any.

On the plus side, the hundreds of cars in Fremont haven’t caught fire yet!!