Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I have placed my order 8 days ago I can't sleep. This is getting addicted to reading this thread 24/7 and then after another screaming "I GOT A VIN" start checking Tesla Account :D

Why someone getting a car in 1 month but others are waiting a few months just getting their VIN... which will disappear later from the account :D
Welcome to our world 🍻🤩

FINALLY!!!!

Got a VIN, Delivery day and time!!!

I think it's a monkey joke! Can't be real!

I guess I can be happy for you 😩 Fine… congrats, you have the best configuration! 🥳

D376BE56-27C3-4C8D-A08C-053CBF3F7D82.jpeg

Since I have placed my order 8 days ago I can't sleep. This is getting addicted to reading this thread 24/7 and then after another screaming "I GOT A VIN" start checking Tesla Account :D

Why someone getting a car in 1 month but others are waiting a few months just getting their VIN... which will disappear later from the account :D
Because that’s Elon’s customer service strategy called, “Lack Thereof”

Supercharging was much faster at V3 than my old 2015 Model S 85D as one would expect. And I could have made the 4 hour trip home without charging but after 2 hours in the car, I need a rest room break so might as well do it at a Supercharger. A full charge was 340 miles on 21" Arachnoids.
Better tell us which cheat code did you use to get the car delivered in 1 month from ordering? :D

Congrats. I have the same config and ordered two days after. Fingers crossed. Two questions, did you have a EDD prior or Blank? Did you get an email/text with the VIN?
Thank you and apologies for the slow reply, I’ve been away from the computer today. My EDD status was blank before I received a VIN and I only received an email, no text at all. Good luck and I hope you get your VIN soon!

Nah! Regardless, the option should be there and will come in real handy for early adopters and for people like me 😉
Let's not support Tesla for take away options that are useful to some of us.
@EVonly I have no idea why you would disagree with this sentiment. An option others like, but you don't, and you disagree that others should have it? I could understand not agreeing with something that affects you, but clearly this affect no one that doesn't want it, but everyone who does.

MarG is your guy for track analysis. I'm especially looking forward to his feedback on modifications as he makes them and how they affect handling at the limit on the track.

What I will be doing is finding out exactly how the plaid handles from a grip at each end standpoint at street speeds. It's like doing a stall sequence in a new plane; I'm a firm believe in knowing car balance before I'm in a situation where I need to KNOW a car's balance :). I'm also looking forward to fully understanding what Tesla is doing with torque steer both on corner entry and exit. Someone else has already posted that the car's stability control pulls power when there is steering input. Hopefully it is not like my ole M5 that called no joy once you even thought about turning the steering wheel. If the Plaid is anything like my PD, it will not like trail braking one bit and you will need a bit of right pedal. I can assure you that there is enough right pedal on available on the 2015 P90DL to completely piss off the front tires on corner exit even with the front motor pulling away.
Sounds like very helpful info. I’d like to follow your lead with some of the mods you choose 👍

@EVonly I have no idea why you would disagree with this sentiment. An option others like, but you don't, and you disagree that others should have it? I could understand not agreeing with something that affects you, but clearly this affect no one that doesn't want it, but everyone who does.
Happy to have the option if people want it but it's a minor thing to get used to and it improves range, I don't really think it's necessary to be able to turn it off. It took me maybe 20 minutes of driving to adjust after I switched it on in my 2016.

Happy to have the option if people want it but it's a minor thing to get used to and it improves range, I don't really think it's necessary to be able to turn it off. It took me maybe 20 minutes of driving to adjust after I switched it on in my 2016.
I honestly couldn't care less about range while in the local area. I won't drive more than 45 miles a day. I like options. Being able to adjust the feedback of regen was something I was looking forward to. I know that after awhile I will leave it at max regen, but taking away the choice is a loss of an option.