Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I see some things that people point out on here....make me wonder.šŸ˜³ I'm not OCD! I just like nice, well built things. I can fix most anything mechanical. Just makes me wonder if the exterior is not up to par, how much did they care about assembling the internal components.
The Plaid will be my third, and I found very little wrong. I know that some do have issues, so not discounting those.

I had major paint damage to the trunk lid on my red P85D back in 2015. It rubbed against the back of the shipping truck all the way down to the metal. They offered to repaint it, but I required them to get a brand new pre-painted trunk lid directly from Fremont, painted in the same facility where my car was painted. They obliged and that ensured the newly painted trunk exactly matched the rest of the car.
My daughter pulled out in front of someone who subsequently took out the left rear quarter panel. The body shop replaced the panel and blended the paint. That was 40k miles and three years ago. I still can not see where they blended in the paint work. And before you ask, yes, I can see :)

Craftsmen can match and blend paint.

So I saw this question a few pages back: re taking off front license plate.

I became brave enough to do this today. First I rec removing the bracket. The screws arenā€™t Torx; just use a needle nose plier to loosen them and then you can take them off by hand. I tried leaving it on but I tore the bracket with my brute force.
View attachment 683089

View attachment 683090then take a blow dryer and start heating behind the black bracket.

View attachment 683091Put a vice grip on the black bracket and then I originally tried dental floss to run from one side to the other. You can see in the photos that ultimately I used weed wacker plastic wire which was perfect. I recommend a friend pulling on the vice while you (wearing gloves preferably slide the plastic wire from side to the other). A residue will be left on your bumper. I used goo be gone and it came off easily. So donā€™t be afraid you can do it and it is so much better!
View attachment 683092
View attachment 683093
So pretty.

I want my red car!!!

She's home! Full front clear bra + ceramic coating and 3M Ceramic IR window tint all round.
Question for those who have got the front clear bra. I am getting front sensor issues since the clear bra is covering the sensors. Did you have to cut the film around the sensors? @EVonly

IMG_3112.jpg

IMG_3109.jpg
IMG_3114.jpg

Need some adviceā€¦
New S came and I absolutely love it. MSM paint has a couple of blemishes under clear coat, though. They have to repaint my hood & rear passenger door + surrounding panels for blending. I obviously donā€™t want inexcusable spots on my new 90k vehicle but I am incredibly nervous to repaint some of my new 90k vehicle lol. Scared it will never look the same again :(
What would you do?
I'd probably live with the blemishes, hate messing with the factory paint. Maybe see if you can score a free wall charger or the like.

My biggest concern as a first time Tesla buyer is after reading all the post about misaligned body panels, interior panels and trim, plus terrible paint that needs a paint "correction". Is that I'll take the car to show my 80 year old dad and his only comment after looking at the car is....you paid HOW MUCH for this!:rolleyes:
Depends what kind of car guy you are if you start putting a pencil to test the gaps then your gonna notice stuff on any car regardless of brand ā€¦. But obviously the German brands will still be better quality in terms in fit and finish and overall quality of materials

She's home! Full front clear bra + ceramic coating and 3M Ceramic IR window tint all round.
Question for those who have got the front clear bra. I am getting front sensor issues since the clear bra is covering the sensors. Did you have to cut the film around the sensors? @EVonly

View attachment 683105
View attachment 683106View attachment 683107
I am surprised they covered the sensors, that usually causes issues. I have seen places remove the sensors and wrap them individually to assure no air gaps so the ultrasonic signal can work properly. Usually they cut around them.

View attachment 683105
View attachment 683106View attachment 683107
Car looks awesome. However take it back and have then cut the sensors out. This should be the standard process My model 3 performance is completely stealth wrapped and not a single issue with ultra Sonics. Again beautiful car. Canā€™t wait for mine to show.

Good to hear from another former GTR owner. Had a tone of fun with that car. Sounds like this one will be just as fun. Might miss the sound and shifting but time for a change. Wish they had done more rework of the exterior and gave up waiting for the roadster.
I'm another former (non modified ) gtr owner ( I had 3 of them). And for the record Nissan was no fun to deal with either.

Finally got a VIN and delivery is scheduled

RN1143
White/Black/21/ no FSD
Was June, July, Blank, August

switched to 21s 6/28
MVPA did not have 2k credit, a call to the burbank tesla and a new mvpa was sent over within an hour.
burbank is not where my SA works, in fact i dont know who my SA is. i never spoke to or met the person.
i always called a list of stores until i got a person to answer
i like to call tesla service centers since they are open earlier than the mall stores.