Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slight change in delivery range this morning - July 12-19. Looks like I'll be playing the day-by-day pushback game for a while... Still no VIN obviously.

EDD History - 4-11 Weeks --> June 1-30 --> August --> Blank --> August --> July 11-18 --> July 12-19.
I don’t understand how you can have that tight of a window that starts on Monday and not have a VIN. Have you called Tesla to ask if a VIN has been assigned? Seems unlikely that you will get your car in that window if you still haven’t been assigned a VIN. I’m in Southern CA as well, and I received my VIN one week before delivery.

I don’t understand how you can have that tight of a window that starts on Monday and not have a VIN. Have you called Tesla to ask if a VIN has been assigned? Seems unlikely that you will get your car in that window if you still haven’t been assigned a VIN. I’m in Southern CA as well, and I received my VIN one week before delivery.
I was curious about that as well. I haven't contacted my SA yet because I was convinced it was a phantom EDD... Wanted to see if it stuck around a bit before I exerted any effort... I remember one person here had a couple of iterations of tight ranges that, everyday, were pushed out by a day... after two/three of these changes, they did get a VIN, I think... But ultimately, I agree with you and am not counting on getting it next week...

Slight change in delivery range this morning - July 12-19. Looks like I'll be playing the day-by-day pushback game for a while... Still no VIN obviously.

EDD History - 4-11 Weeks --> June 1-30 --> August --> Blank --> August --> July 11-18 --> July 12-19.
Yup I've been having that for the past 10 days now. Torture is an accurate term for it.

I'm a plaid+ to plaid convert. Order from January. So, I've got a 10K discount built into my order. No FSD this time around.

I've seen conflicting information on whether or not it is possible to change your order (to, say, 21" wheels) without losing that 10K discount. My SA says it's not possible, and any changes create a "new" order. Even if they got a car that was refused and offered it to me, I'd lose the 10K discount if I accepted it. Does anyone have more information on this topic?

I'm a plaid+ to plaid convert. Order from January. So, I've got a 10K discount built into my order. No FSD this time around.

I've seen conflicting information on whether or not it is possible to change your order (to, say, 21" wheels) without losing that 10K discount. My SA says it's not possible, and any changes create a "new" order. Even if they got a car that was refused and offered it to me, I'd lose the 10K discount if I accepted it. Does anyone have more information on this topic?
I was told that plaid plus orders could make a change without having a price change. Not sure if there was a time limit on when though.

Mine is the same. So Cal with window that went from July 11-19 to July 12-19 between yesterday and today. No VIN. Perhaps they are planning a shipment to So Cal next week and just haven't matched the VINs yet. Seems like quite a few So Cal orders have recently received this timeframe. I suspect this will unfold quickly (he says hopefully).

Tesla told me the same thing about order modification. My MS LR had the FSD package and I called my SA to remove it. She told me she could remove it, but I would need to pay current pricing on the order book. Fortunately, the LR pricing hadn’t changed, so I was able to remove it without penalty. Doing the same thing for a Plaid would have resulted in a $10,000 up-charge to the new base price. With the new LR pricing, someone making a change now would be stuck with a $5,000 up charge to the base price.

I don’t know about accepting a refused car and paying more. I guess that would technically be a change order unless the refused car had your exact configuration.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My only assumption is proximity to Fremont. They could crank a car out and have it trailered down to LA the next day.

I had the same thing for a week. Every day it would increment out 1 more day. 🤷🏻

Clean? I think he is referring to his autopilot radar not the ultrasonic parking sensors.

@Psbeattie - Is the car giving you an error message? Still calibrating?
If the front windshield camera area is dirty, fogged or blinded by sun there also will be reduced autopilot functions - at least on my car in colder times during the morning drive time it took 10 minutes for the condensation/fog to go away near the camera.

I was still out of town during this whole process and accepted delivery of the car sight unseen. I received some pictures of the problem the next morning after my 11:00 pm delivery on the 30th. I was impatient and wanted to see how serious the problem was and if it could be fixed without going to a body shop. The detail shop was already scheduled to do tint, PPF, and a paint correction as part of my ceramic coating process. When they discovered this paint defect they told me to take the car back to Tesla.

The detail shop hasn’t charged me anything yet for the paint correction or ceramic because they needed to stop the process. They instructed me to have the car repaired by Tesla and then return for completion of the ceramic coating.
Ok good to know. My car with MSM is finally being delivered tomorrow. I'm hoping there are no major issues like this. I can't take much more!

If the front windshield camera area is dirty, fogged or blinded by sun there also will be reduced autopilot functions - at least on my car in colder times during the morning drive time it took 10 minutes for the condensation/fog to go away near the camera.
That would be a vision problem not a radar problem.

@Psbeattie - Are you getting the “Reduced front radar visibility“ error message? If so, have you recently wrapped your car? Maybe with a metallic or chrome material? If so, that is known to cause problems.

Mine is the same. So Cal with window that went from July 11-19 to July 12-19 between yesterday and today. No VIN. Perhaps they are planning a shipment to So Cal next week and just haven't matched the VINs yet. Seems like quite a few So Cal orders have recently received this timeframe. I suspect this will unfold quickly (he says hopefully).
So here's what I just learned from an SA at my local Tesla store about this narrow timeframe. She seemed more knowledgeable than most and said the estimate was wrong. Take that for what it's worth.

When she looked up my RN, she said that my order is scheduled for a "Soft VIN Match - Build Planning" by end of next week. She explained that this meant my order configuration will be checked against batches currently being built to see if there is a match. As soon as there is a match, the VIN gets assigned. She said that I should not expect delivery until at least Aug 10-20 at this point based on that status and the typical timeframes she has seen for others between this status and actual delivery. She may not be accounting for recent ramp up though, so might be some hope. For now, guess I need to contain my excitement about getting my car next week after having seen the estimated delivery date. As others have said many times, until you have a VIN, there is no way to predict when you will get your car.

Will check back with SA end of next week to see if there has been an update, if I have not yet received a VIN.