Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who removed the front bumper license plate mount...

The SnapPlate people are here measuring my MS for their new 2021 MS SnapPlate. It should be in production by the end of next week.

I have one of these on my M3 and love it.

I’ve always been an October… I’ll probably always be an October. I’ve never even been a blank. :confused:

@BrianKH How does one get a loyalty advisor?

Now on my fourth Tesla, I have never had an assigned SA. I never received a call seeking to change my Plaid+ order to Plaid (before or after the $10K bump). After the price increase on the Plaid, I reached out to Tesla. After chatting with a representative through their website and expressing my displeasure with their position (at the time) that I could not convert into a Plaid without incurring the $10K price increase, I received a call from a Loyalty Program Advisor. That advisor told me they were going to have a managers meeting in the next few days and hoped to sort something out for those in my position. About the same time of that scheduled managers meeting, Elon tweeted that Plaid+ orders would be honored for the old Plaid price if we converted our orders. Aside from that one and only telephone conversation, I have never spoken with the Loyalty Program Advisor again (notwithstanding my recent efforts to obtain information as to the status of my order). I think, but am not sure, the Loyalty Program reached out to me because: (1) I was bitching; and (2) I had previously purchased other Teslas.

Oh, and i learned one more thing about orders with FSD from the SA. She said they were provided details yesterday (how unusual for Tesla to provide info to SAs!)
I had planned on removing FSD once I got a VIN, and upgrading after delivery to lower the vehicle purchase price for tax purposes in CA. If I were to do that now, she confirmed that the revised order price would reflect the recent price increase of $5k. However, she also said that FSD is going up by $3K at the end of the month, so it likely would not have been in my favor anyway, so good thing I kept it. Guess this means we are getting closer to an actual release of the new FSD software.

Long story short, don't make any changes to your order!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I was curious about that as well. I haven't contacted my SA yet because I was convinced it was a phantom EDD... Wanted to see if it stuck around a bit before I exerted any effort... I remember one person here had a couple of iterations of tight ranges that, everyday, were pushed out by a day... after two/three of these changes, they did get a VIN, I think... But ultimately, I agree with you and am not counting on getting it next week...
Mine did the whole one day thing for a week and a half then got assigned the VIN. Crossing my fingers for you!

I'm a plaid+ to plaid convert. Order from January. So, I've got a 10K discount built into my order. No FSD this time around.

I've seen conflicting information on whether or not it is possible to change your order (to, say, 21" wheels) without losing that 10K discount. My SA says it's not possible, and any changes create a "new" order. Even if they got a car that was refused and offered it to me, I'd lose the 10K discount if I accepted it. Does anyone have more information on this topic?
Yea I was told on thurs afternoon by an sa if I really wanted to switch to 21s because on the back end it said mine was ready to be build (aren't they all?) She knows I only have until mid sept to get the car. Then the price increase that night. Got a call back from another, different SA I contacted earlier in the week and he said since the price increase a switch to 21s would be a 9500$ price raise as there was no way around the price rise. But that 21s would get me out of 19 hell. Talk about terrible timing. He also said if I accepted a slightly different build from one that came into a SC the 5k raise would also be implemented.

Would make sense to honor the main price if a customer wishes to upgrade and give the company more money but nothing this company does makes sense.

I guess I’m not getting a VIN 😭 (Still “July” btw)

So can anyone with FSD use it in beta form? Is there a button & consent? OR, is the FSD v9 Beta only for selected Beta Testers? Obviously I don't have my MS Plaid yet but I did order the FSD so I figured I might want to at least try it (and like it says, still keep hands on the wheel and pay attention) just to see how well it works.

Last edited:
I’m astounded at the number of folks who have been waiting 6-9 months for delivery. And I’m astounded by the number of posters who have waited 1-2 months who are complaining. Those who have waited longest seem the most patient.

I want my car as much as anyone but I truly hope that those who have waited longer than me get theirs‘ first.
That’s because those of us that have been waiting the longest have already gone thru the whining phase and are on to acceptance. Give the noobs time. They have to go through the same five stages of grief.

The only problem with that is we don't know when Tesla considers it complete. They can say the car was "completed" once they get all the parts they need (ie 19's), and then that completed date becomes your "build date". My guess is Tesla is not going to let anyone know if their car has been sitting on a lot for months.
Bummer. I was planning on waiting for a few extra months and decline delivery if my car was not made post june date. That is good insight I had not thought of. Hmmm.. Are you certain this is how they get to build date or your insight on they could potentially do that? Thx.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I had the same thing for a week. Every day it would increment out 1 more day. 🤷🏻
Jim, are you Bethesda SC, or Owings Mills? I'm a bit tilted that I haven't been able to do better than "August" given my order date and the rash of VINs and EDD windows coming in lately. Sadly, I'm at Owings Mills, so I'm guessing this is partly a question of how much volume they're doing, and I'm betting it's a lot less than Bethesda.

I’m not sure if anyone knows this, but tesla site states 19s start deliveries in Aug. Specially if you config a plaid. Once you select the 19s it’s small print stating the above.
True, and that’s been the case for weeks. But then again when I ordered my LR it said “March delivery”, so if 19s do start shipping August it’s more coincidence than correlation.

And for what it’s worth, I just ordered a Plaid on 7/6 and once done my account said “Estimated delivery JULY”. For two days, now blank. There’s literally no credibility to any of the dates Tesla provides.

So can anyone with FSD use it in beta form? Is there a button & consent? OR, is the FSD v9 Beta only for selected Beta Testers? Obviously I don't have my MS Plaid yet but I did order the FSD so I figured I might want to at least try it (and like it says, still keep hands on the wheel and pay attention) just to see how well it works.
No, FSD limited beta testers only. Initially this was 1k people, many of which were content producers (youtube, instagram, etc). About 3 months ago Tesla doubled the number to 2k, which is where it's sat ever since. I'd be absolutely floored if this saw wide release even to the "normal" Beta testers (I'm one) before next year.

I'd encourage everyone to cancel all FSD orders until Tesla finally delivers the content they've been promising for several years. We've seen pretty much zero useful content released since I bought my 19 M3P with FSD in May of 2019 and the price has gone from $6k to $10k, and now looks to be going to $13k, if the info provided by the other poster's SA is correct. This is absolutely outrageous. Frankly, I don't think it'd be worth $13k even if it was fully functional (and still Level 2 - requiring human attention).

Last I heard was that the beta program only has 1,000 participants. It is not an option for you to simply choose.