Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps one day, Tesla will "grow up" as a company and stop with their childish, geeky names for things..."Cheetah Mode, Plaid, Ludicrous Mode, etc." I'm sorry but it's just and childish. I'll deal with it but I'm not going to promote it like a 15-year old would for their video games. :rolleyes:
To all that give me a thumbs-down on my comment here...whatever, it's fine...to each, his/her own but sorry, I personally think it's all just plain strange and kid-ish. Personally, I would rather just have the moniker like Model S Performance or Model S P Tri-Motor and instead of "Cheetah Mode," why not just leave at "Launch Mode?" Everyone knows what it does by warming the batteries to optimum temp & lowering the vehicle down for a lower center of gravity and better traction for the best launch from 0. Just saying. Okay, you all can keep giving me more thumbs-downs here...it's cool...don't care, lol! I know there are many, even millions of folks who love these immature things...fart noises coming from the car, "Cheetah mode," "Plaid" or "Ludicrous Mode" but again, all these things were dreamed up by Elon whom, as we all know, yes he's a true genius but he's also on the spectrum and a bit childish, no?

So funny to see the disagreements here...shows exactly who the Tesla fanbois are; I mean yes the Tesla MS Plaid will be my first Tesla (maybe my last, jury is still out on that based on this entire ordering/delivery experience but perhaps I'll love the Plaid so much, I'll replace it with another Tesla...who knows but damn straight I'll be looking at Lucid, MB AMG, Porsche/Audi and others in 2-4 years). But it's funny to see just how many people think Elon's childish monikers, childish features (e.g. "open butthole" and fart noises for the car horn) and names for specific features in these cars are "cool" rather than odd and kid-ish. IDK, maybe my 52-year old brain is acting like an old-fart now, but I really do think these things are simply childish and geeky. Not cool to me; just lame and oddball. 😜

Last edited:
Has anyone removed FSD after the price increase prior to delivery? Did it create a new order agreement at the higher price?
I did. When I was on the phone and they gave me my VIN, I asked if they could remove FSD. The SA on the phone wasn't sure he could do it until I told him someone in San Diego did this with no problem. My order page, finance/lease terms adjusted right after he confirmed FSD was removed. Other than $10k price reduction, no other change in any pricing occurred.

Exactly! Sometimes I feel like giving up also, but it's worth it. It's the difference between a really fast car, and an astronomically fast car. Think Mclaren 600lt vs. SSC Tuatara.
Wow!
My car cred is dead. I had to go look that second one up :0
Neat car. The Maca is very refined. I wonder if the Tuatara has that standard kit car feel.

Kinda cute that they use the Tesla "T" for their logo (probably to make you think it is Plaid fast).

Wow!
My car cred is dead. I had to go look that second one up :0
Neat car. The Maca is very refined. I wonder if the Tuatara has that standard kit car feel.

Kinda cute that they use the Tesla "T" for their logo (probably to make you think it is Plaid fast).
Not sure. The Tuatara is just now starting production, so we will have to wait till someone gets their hands on it. Can't wait to see what it does on the 1/4 mile. I'm betting Mid 8s at 190+mph.

Another odd Tesla algo update today. Went from 7/23-7/30 yesterday to 7/24-7/31 today. Nothing earth shattering but odd and hopeful to get a VIN soon... did anyone who got their VIN's recently have anything like this happen shortly before?
My date has changed, almost daily, for a week. Most times moving backwards, but once or twice pulling forward. Also, the spread of the 2 dates is not always the same. Currently 07/27 - 08/10.

I gave up on that. Some people simply don't understand the absolute staggering difference between these two cars. The LR is close to the Model 3 P in terms of performance, - perhaps a tad faster. The Plaid is on a completely other level. It's like a BMW 325i vs a 488 Pista.

I'd be pretty surprised if the LR can hit the 10s in the quarter. It might be close, but... I'm not sure it's there.
Easy killer, its more like a Pista to an F80 M3, but your point is perfectly valid!!

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Perhaps one day, Tesla will "grow up" as a company and stop with their childish, geeky names for things..."Cheetah Mode, Plaid, Ludicrous Mode, etc." I'm sorry but it's just and childish. I'll deal with it but I'm not going to promote it like a 15-year old would for their video games. :rolleyes:
Gawd
I hope Elon never grows up and keeps doing these childish things being that I am nothing more than a 6'4" child (just ask my wife). Plaid simply would not have been built by any reputable large OEM. It is way too much car and yet he built it.

Was only a $100 commitment…until today! Now I hope the darn thing works come October 🤣
#fullycommitted
View attachment 683807
you're ahead of me. i bought my charger the day or so after i placed my order - the box is really nice! meanwhile, I read somewhere (maybe differing locations have differing codes) but I don't see a high voltage shut off by your charger (like my air conditioner compressors have) - not sure if I'll be getting one of those if/when they ever install the 60 amp service.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
To all that give me a thumbs-down on my comment here...whatever, it's fine...to each, his/her own but sorry, I personally think it's all just plain strange and kid-ish. Personally, I would rather just have the moniker like Model S Performance or Model S P Tri-Motor and instead of "Cheetah Mode," why not just leave at "Launch Mode?" Everyone knows what it does by warming the batteries to optimum temp & lowering the vehicle down for a lower center of gravity and better traction for the best launch from 0. Just saying. Okay, you all can keep giving me more thumbs-downs here...it's cool...don't care, lol! I know there are many, millions of folks who love these immature things...fart noises coming from the car, "Cheetah mode," "Plaid" or "Ludicrous Mode" but again, all these things were dreamed up by Elon whom, as we all know, yes he's a true genius but he's also on the spectrum and a bit childish, no?

So funny to see the disagreements here...shows exactly who the Tesla fanbois are; I mean yes the Tesla MS Plaid will be my first Tesla (maybe my last, jury is still out on that based on this entire ordering/delivery experience but perhaps I'll love the Plaid so much, I'll replace it with another Tesla...who knows but damn straight I'll be looking at Lucid, MB AMG, Porsche/Audi and others in 2-4 years). But it's funny to see just how many people think Elon's childish monikers, childish features (e.g. "open butthole" and fart noises for the car horn) and names for specific features in these cars are "cool" rather than odd and kid-ish. IDK, maybe my 52-year old brain is acting like an old-fart now, but I really do think these things are simply childish and geeky. Not cool to me; just lame and oddball. 😜
The kid in me is feeling a bit slimed by your bashing of all things child-like.
Maybe if you were more in touch with your inner kid you'd be getting less downvotes.

Gawd
I hope Elon never grows up and keeps doing these childish things being that I am nothing more than a 6'4" child (just ask my wife). Plaid simply would not have been built by any reputable large OEM. It is way too much car and yet he built it.
This is exactly what makes Tesla unique. No one else would ever attempt the things they've done.😁

Delivery Update (with bonus reax shots...)
AnakinPadmeMeme.jpeg