Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty bummed. Service center said this is “normal characteristic” for this high end car. No fix. Any one else S or S Plaid have this? Said it’s for airbag.
4DE6C1E6-32B2-425E-8A6A-7BAE8EC445F0.jpeg

Attachments

• ED196E1E-03D5-4087-8256-08101D70CBFB.jpeg
    ED196E1E-03D5-4087-8256-08101D70CBFB.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Gawd
I hope Elon never grows up and keeps doing these childish things being that I am nothing more than a 6'4" child (just ask my wife). Plaid simply would not have been built by any reputable large OEM. It is way too much car and yet he built it.
Glad someone else said it. I tell people all the time Tesla is ran by a giant man child.

Pretty bummed. Service center said this is “normal characteristic” for this high end car. No fix. Any one else S or S Plaid have this? Said it’s for airbag. View attachment 683845
Been reported several times. It is yoke "scar", but I have wonder it is just the initial batch of the yokes. Maybe future batches will not have it. It is likely "within spec" to Tesla.

Been reported several times. It is yoke "scar", but I have wonder it is just the initial batch of the yokes. Maybe future batches will not have it. It is likely "within spec" to Tesla.
what hasn't been reported several times is that the SC is now viewing this as "NORMAL" since several have reported it. It's NOT normal, it's poor quality workmanship

Gawd
I hope Elon never grows up and keeps doing these childish things being that I am nothing more than a 6'4" child (just ask my wife). Plaid simply would not have been built by any reputable large OEM. It is way too much car and yet he built it.
I understand and appreciate his dreams made into reality and I get his super genius visions. But no reason why an auto manufacturer/software company cannot continue with developing the highest technology and best products in the market without all the childish names and features. While I understand the wildness and amazing achievements, the company can continue to grow and produce awesome technology and amazing EVs but tone down the kid-ish stuff. That's all I'm saying. And I see how "cult-ish" Tesla is and how defensive and crazy the Tesla fanbois get. I mean, really, we're not trying to become members of the tree-house club boys and girls, are we? It's 2021 and most of us are not children here. Just saying.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: yamanote
Easy killer, its more like a Pista to an F80 M3, but your point is perfectly valid!!

I would say it's similar to a 540i with M sport package vs M5 competition. Pretty similar inside and out but the m5 has 50 percent more hp, handles better because of torque vectoring and suspension and way faster in a straight line. Saying it's a Pista compared to an f80 m3 doesn't make sense because they are completely different cars. The Model S LR and Plaid are almost the exact same car inside and out except for torque vectoring and straight line speed.

The kid in me is feeling a bit slimed by your bashing of all things child-like.
Maybe if you were more in touch with your inner kid you'd be getting less downvotes.
I've modded and raced the past 4 or 5 of my vehicles since 2002 so I would say the "inner child" in me is there; just think all the geeky names and features are overdone at this point. I like the speed & performance balanced with luxury and the latest technology, but I can do without the geeky names and fart sounds. Wow, Tesla fanbois get so defensive...gee...like children actually. I am not brand loyal; I have my favorite brands I've driven and ones I've only seen but I am not brand loyal to any auto manufacturer; I guess I like trying out different brands. In fact, this Tesla MS Plaid will be my first American made brand owned in like 2+ decades! Interesting fact...just realized that. 🤔 👍

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: yamanote and Ormond
I would say it's similar to a 540i with M sport package vs M5 competition. Pretty similar inside and out but the m5 has 50 percent more hp, handles better because of torque vectoring and suspension and way faster in a straight line. Saying it's a Pista compared to an f80 m3 doesn't make sense because they are completely different cars. The Model S LR and Plaid are almost the exact same car inside and out except for torque vectoring and straight line speed.
Yeah man I know, but the context was simply performance numbers being more comparable than a base 3 series and a 10 second Ferrari.
It makes more sense than a 325i vs Pista, no? :rolleyes:

Good luck with your July ED date. Up the dose and the ED may go away sooner...
Don't need to be sarcastic :) When I made an order and got a call a day later from tesla they said I will get a car “in a few weeks”.

Then I called them myself and they said: “it takes now up to 6 weeks to get a car”.

Last week I went to my DC and a guy took a look at my account and was confused by something he saw there. 3 minutes prior that he said I will get a car in August, but after taking a look at my account said: “expect the last week of July to get the car”.

3 different people have provided +/- the same ETA plus account shows July from day 1 for almost 3 weeks already.

What you will say now?)

Don't need to be sarcastic :) When I made an order and got a call a day later from tesla they said I will get a car “in a few weeks”.

Then I called them myself and they said: “it takes now up to 6 weeks to get a car”.

Last week I went to my DC and a guy took a look at my account and was confused by something he saw there. 3 minutes prior that he said I will get a car in August, but after taking a look at my account said: “expect the last week of July to get the car”.

3 different people have provided +/- the same ETA plus account shows July from day 1 for almost 3 weeks already.

What you will say now?)

Good for you on getting the date but my post was a (bad) pun on the word ED...

What you will say now?)
I would say this is your first rodeo.

What you will say now?)
That black/white combination will be pretty sweet. No wonder you drive by the lot. May your wait be short and your yoke blemish-free!

I did. When I was on the phone and they gave me my VIN, I asked if they could remove FSD. The SA on the phone wasn't sure he could do it until I told him someone in San Diego did this with no problem. My order page, finance/lease terms adjusted right after he confirmed FSD was removed. Other than $10k price reduction, no other change in any pricing occurred.
Interesting. I was just on the phone with the Tesla order desk in Fremont and they said ANY change would cause it to go up to the new price. Didn't you take delivery before the price increase though?