Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is incorrect. You want a 60A circuit. The MS will charge at 48A continuous and you have to have the overhead as that 50A setup is not rated for 48A continuous.

It depends. The electrician is correct if you aren't using the Tesla Wall Charger.
  • Option A: You can use the included regular mobile charger with a 14-50 plug (on a 50amp circuit) and it will give you 32A of charge, or 23 miles / hr
  • Option B: If you want to use a Tesla Charger, you'll need thicker copper cable, and a 60amp circuit breaker as stated earlier.
The best of both worlds (saving some cash too) is to install a 50amp breaker, and then put wire that can handle 80amps, and then a 14-50 outlet for use with Option A above. Cheap now, and if you ever want to charge more/faster, you just swap out the breaker and outlet. The big labor/cost charge you want to avoid is running thicker wiring in the future. Future-proof that part now - then change the ends as needed. I did this - and it's worked like a dream.

Go with the wall charger, this way you keep the mobile charger (or whatever they call it these days) in the car so it's there when you travel. Plugging and unplugging the 14-50 will eventually wear it out and could cause overheating or even a fire.
Guess it depends on how often you go on a trip. I leave the mobile charger plugged in and on a shelf/hook. I unplug it and put it in the car a few times a year when we I travel.

Go with the wall charger, this way you keep the mobile charger (or whatever they call it these days) in the car so it's there when you travel. Plugging and unplugging the 14-50 will eventually wear it out and could cause overheating or even a fire.
Not likely to find 14-50 outlets anywhere while you travel.

The best of both worlds (saving some cash too) is to install a 50amp breaker, and then put wire that can handle 80amps, and then a 14-50 outlet for use with Option A above. Cheap now, and if you ever want to charge more/faster, you just swap out the breaker and outlet. The big labor/cost charge you want to avoid is running thicker wiring in the future. Future-proof that part now - then change the ends as needed. I did this - and it's worked like a dream.
NEMA 6-50 gets you the same charge rate with one fewer conductor.

Welp, I'm really glad you mentioned this. I decided to call again.

My car arrived today!!

The gentleman said it's going through quality inspection and if they finish tonight, I can pick it up tomorrow but delivery is officially scheduled for Wednesday at 2pm!
Good for you. You literally had the config Tesla has been churning out the last whole month lol I am surprised they made you wait this long. Happy for you and others who have received their car. This is good.

My New MS Plaid comes Thursday. I need to sell my 2017 P100D. (im in NJ) Any suggestions where to do this?? Vroom offered me a decent amount of money but I did a little research and they might be a little sketchy. Their BBB accreditation was REVOKED in 1/2021 for bad business practices. I think Im going to not sell them the car.

Thanks

Trifecta
Vroom is not that great for a Model S sale as their regular customer base does not like spending over 55-60k in general. Try onlyusedtesla.com or may be autotrader or Cargurus. I am in the process of getting mine sold and met the buyer on Cargurus

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
1. Not fan fan of the M3 or MY or MX, no...not at all. I think the M3 looks like a frog from the front but looks okay from the rear and the side. The MY just looks like a tall M3...it's just plaid odd. And, the MX looks like an upside-down bath tub. It's not pretty, imho.
2. I agree with you 100% on the Porsche Taycan "Turbo" ...one of the absolute worst naming monikers for any auto manufacturer; duh...it's not a turbo guys, it's a f*kg electric vehicle. Porsche just should've used "Taycan...Taycan S...Taycan RS...or Taycan GTS or something like that.

And? Blue frogs look awesome

smallfctfrog.JPG

Bh0bHeG.jpg

Saw a Red/White/21 Plaid S today at a Covid test site at the Thousand Oaks mall. Anyone on here? Looked so sick

AMEN! The reason many of you guys are still with this company is the innovation, and the buying experience. So many of you guys have been wronged by dealerships, and are enamored with the idea of not having to sit at your salesman's beck and call, and be there for hours. No other large company has ever sold direct to consumers. McLaren did it briefly with the F1 back in the 90s, but no one else.
My point is, Tesla does things that no other manufacturer does. Startups like Lucid and Rivian are going to sell direct, and that's because Tesla’s method WORKED. This is just one of things that makes Tesla unique. They, and Elon, are willing to try things that no other manufacturer have accomplished. Yes the company is unorthodox, but that's the magic of Tesla.
I've been buying cars online for more than 10 years. I have a broker I text/email when I want a car and he locates what I want and drops it off at my house and picks the old one up. It's really painless.

I've been buying cars online for more than 10 years. I have a broker I text/email when I want a car and he locates what I want and drops it off at my house and picks the old one up. It's really painless.
For sure, there are many people who have flawless experiences at dealerships. However, I remember in March, when a bunch of people from this thread were getting curious about the Porsche Taycan. These individuals went and drove the car, and the results were very mixed. Some liked the car, but didn't want to spend $140k+ on a car; some didn't like it due to the amount of buttons, and lack of minimalism; but many came back absolutely revolted by the 'stealership's' tactics to upsell them.
You have a pretty unique situation there, one that I'm sure many people would love to have, but sadly enough, many people don't. This is why a lot of people that don't want the hassle of several hours in the dealership immediately gravitate towards Tesla's direct sales.

First post. Glad I found this site. Thanks for all the information.

There is something less stressful about so many feeling stress over the waiting game. Perhaps shared stress or something.

Added myself to the tracker. Plaid, Blue/Black, 19", CF, No FSD, Ordered 2/1/21, RN 11444XXX, No VIN

Thanks again.

Mike
Welcome to the thread! Nice to have you! :)

Reactions: Ormond
For sure, there are many people who have flawless experiences at dealerships. However, I remember in March, when a bunch of people from this thread were getting curious about the Porsche Taycan. These individuals went and drove the car, and the results were very mixed. Some liked the car, but didn't want to spend $140k+ on a car; some didn't like it due to the amount of buttons, and lack of minimalism; but many came back absolutely revolted by the 'stealership's' tactics to upsell them.
You have a pretty unique situation there, one that I'm sure many people would love to have, but sadly enough, many people don't. This is why a lot of people that don't want the hassle of several hours in the dealership immediately gravitate towards Tesla's direct sales.
I've been jerked around by dealerships which is why I started buying online.

OK @omarsultan, @Dcher or @Atomadam @pacnwplaid now as well :)
- I am going to make my request again regarding the "fasten seat belt request". I originally saw that the alert was on the instrument cluster and we know that is not touch screen. I caught a glimpse today that an alert shows up on the center screen - do you know if you can press that seat belt alert to turn it into a child seat to disregard the warning? This would be similar to the 3 and Y functionality.

Image showing alert: View attachment 676266

My previous request with details Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

Edit: it might require a backseat alert as opposed to front seat like my sample image.
Sorry, finally got to this - thx for the reminder.

So, yes, you. can tap on the fasten seatbelt icon in the back seat to swap it to baby seat mode.

IMG_1094.jpg
IMG_1095.jpg