Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just launched for the first time.
I’ve had all sorts of fast cars. This is insane!
Truly a unique experience. Enhanced by the yoke for SURE. So cool holding onto a video game steering wheel and getting thrust back, car feels like it’s lifting off the ground, you just smash it and grip that yoke and laugh. Exactly as advertised. Another home run from Tesla, worth the wait.

I remember those days.... Now I'm known as the guy that 'likes' everyone's posts. 🤣
I feel like when/if I ever visit Texas, I’m going to need to buy you a coffee or a beer, whichever you’re more into, for all of your positive support and liking of my (even though sometimes controversial) posts

I feel like when/if I ever visit Texas, I’m going to need to buy you a coffee or a beer, whichever you’re more into, for all of your positive support and liking of my (even though sometimes controversial) posts
😂Thank you for the kind words! Actually, instead of a coffee or beer, you can repay me with upvotes! 🙂Personally, I don't find your posts that controversial at all. They seem perfectly reasonable to me.

Last edited:
😂Thank you for the kind words! Actually, instead of a coffee or beer, you can repay me with upvotes! 🙂Personally, I don't find your posts that controversial at all. They seem perfectly reasonable to me.
You get upvotes and coffee or beer, how else am I going to steal your VIN if we don’t ever meet in person?! 😈

You get upvotes and coffee or beer, how else am I going to steal your VIN if we don’t ever meet in person?! 😈
🤣🤣 You're busted now! You should steal sflgator's VIN! I really don't expect any 'payment' for my reactions. But if you must, upvotes, instead of coffee or beer, would go a really long way!😁😁

Last edited:
Just launched for the first time.
I’ve had all sorts of fast cars. This is insane!
Truly a unique experience. Enhanced by the yoke for SURE. So cool holding onto a video game steering wheel and getting thrust back, car feels like it’s lifting off the ground, you just smash it and grip that yoke and laugh. Exactly as advertised. Another home run from Tesla, worth the wait.

Wasn't "Insane" before "Ludicrous"? How did Tesla take a couple of steps backward from Plaid?!

Pretty bummed. Service center said this is “normal characteristic” for this high end car. No fix. Any one else S or S Plaid have this? Said it’s for airbag. View attachment 683845
Gee, that's odd.

I rent about a dozen to two dozen cars a year; never seen that in any airbag cover, ever.

I guess it's the cars I rent: I almost always go for those full size ones that cost a few dollars more a day, like an Impala, or a Sonata . . . .

Elon: are you friggin' kidding us?!? FIX THIS ASAP.

Geesh.

AMEN! The reason many of you guys are still with this company is the innovation, and the buying experience. So many of you guys have been wronged by dealerships, and are enamored with the idea of not having to sit at your salesman's beck and call, and be there for hours. No other large company has ever sold direct to consumers. McLaren did it briefly with the F1 back in the 90s, but no one else.
My point is, Tesla does things that no other manufacturer does. Startups like Lucid and Rivian are going to sell direct, and that's because Tesla’s method WORKED. This is just one of things that makes Tesla unique. They, and Elon, are willing to try things that no other manufacturer have accomplished. Yes the company is unorthodox, but that's the magic of Tesla.
There are an awful lot of reasons to buy a Tesla but I'm not convinced the purchase experience is one of them.

Damn you. Now I’m checking out every ‘T’. :)

Sweet. So they exist! And we can demand perfection if so inclined. I remember the old under the mirror mic casing had a similar worm. Thank goodness the Intrusion Alarm replacement did not. Was driving me nuts.
No, Tesla will want to swap out the perfect ones as being an anomaly.
Just joking.

I do think new owners should take a very long skeptical eye to Tesla. I love the cars, loathe the company.

Now that they have your money, you'll see.... Just don't say no one warned you when Tesla quietly limits your launches or supercharging speed (or both).

Tesla giveth and taketh. Innovation sometimes at the customer's expense but mostly benefit. You don't choose the losses or wins so buckle up.

I got a new RN1151. I hope that does not mean that it put me back of the line.
They had me actually cancel my order and place a new one.
The SA asked that I give him my new RN so it could keep my place in line, but I suspect he was blowing smoke up my a**.
Yes. This is what has happened to me. From 9/2020 to 6/2021 just like that.

Still blank delivery, and my trade-in expired yesterday.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
No update on delivery date, not right now or the 30 other times I checked. Feeling like every other Plaid+ converter and thinking the order doesn’t even exist in Tesla’s production system/queue.
I’m feeling the same. Why else would it not have any sort of estimated date? Not even September? Like how could it just be blank lol

as of this morning: Ken Doll

I do think new owners should take a very long skeptical eye to Tesla. I love the cars, loathe the company.

Now that they have your money, you'll see.... Just don't say no one warned you when Tesla quietly limits your launches or supercharging speed (or both).

Tesla giveth and taketh. Innovation sometimes at the customer's expense but mostly benefit. You don't choose the losses or wins so buckle up.
A agree with the above and "deal" with it by realizing 99.1% of my interaction is with the hardware, .8% is with service who I find to be kind and helpful but definitely Tesla does not invest in the service experience at the same pace as other manufactures and the last .1% is with the business side which croman is referring. I feel the need for a shower after most interactions and this purchase experience is no exception.