Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had trouble with all the off topic stuff so Im going to just ask this without reading it all, have cars with the 19" wheels been delivered yet????

Yes..??..please??.....hoping that is what I skipped over.
there is not 1 confirmed 19" delivery. Lots of rumors and SA's saying they have delivered, but not proof. We have two leaked images of cars with 19" wheels, 1 blue and 1 black, with no context. There is some discussion on if they are legit or not because neither of the wheels have Tesla logo center caps like the online configurator shows. Thats all there is to be said about 19"

I think he was saying “as a professional I won’t write bogus prescriptions just because someone is not happy with some rule”. However he should have offered to you the wrap around sun glass that my wife got due to her cataract issue. And she can take them off at night to see, especially the person coming down the street with dark tint on all the windows.
FWIW have an appointment this afternoon with my ophthalmologist who is one of if not my best friend (same could be said for my college roommate who is an optho and essentially extended family) - I would never ask them seriously to write that script unless they felt I qualified or they could defend that prescription.

Ditto our dermatologist - we were all on vacation together out of the country 10 days ago and I'd never put them on the spot or ask them to jeopardize their licenses - if my eyes were showing the need, or if I had malignant dermal growths or whatever that tint could help, I'd be begging these guys, but otherwise, I don't want to put them on the spot.

I DO bitch to my optho when we're out to dinner and it's dim and I can't see bupkas, or when we're flying drones and I say I have trouble seeing them with or without the goggles, but that's good natured fun.

We've had friends write scripts for our kids, or help us out in other ways, but never anything that could cause them an issue.

I admittedly did briefly consider asking the optho and the dermatologist for a tint rx, but that was a fleeting thought.

there is not 1 confirmed 19" delivery. Lots of rumors and SA's saying they have delivered, but not proof. We have two leaked images of cars with 19" wheels, 1 blue and 1 black, with no context. There is some discussion on if they are legit or not because neither of the wheels have Tesla logo center caps like the online configurator shows. Thats all there is to be said about 19"
Yes, I do not believe any are delivered yet and it's all BS that most every SA is blurting because at this point at least 1 car with 19" is supposedly to have been delivered at each SC :rolleyes:

That’s the overall consensus but the recent pic of the blue refresh with 19s is definitely confidence inspiring.
It's probably a test mule. No one has received one with 19" wheels. I don't believe it for a second. Also 19" are not even in production yet according to Sam. Production begins end of this month

Just don't come to my ophthalmology office since we will just tell you to turn in your license and we will not grant you a bs exemption.
A bs exemption for a bs law. I can tint my motorcycle helmet legally, I can wear sunglasses at night legally. I can even trade in my car for a van with back or rear windows and drive that legally. This law is mostly to take away privacy for law enforcement monitoring and very little to do with safety.

FWIW have an appointment this afternoon with my ophthalmologist who is one of if not my best friend (same could be said for my college roommate who is an optho and essentially extended family) - I would never ask them seriously to write that script unless they felt I qualified or they could defend that prescription.

Ditto our dermatologist - we were all on vacation together out of the country 10 days ago and I'd never put them on the spot or ask them to jeopardize their licenses - if my eyes were showing the need, or if I had malignant dermal growths or whatever that tint could help, I'd be begging these guys, but otherwise, I don't want to put them on the spot.

I DO bitch to my optho when we're out to dinner and it's dim and I can't see bupkas, or when we're flying drones and I say I have trouble seeing them with or without the goggles, but that's good natured fun.

We've had friends write scripts for our kids, or help us out in other ways, but never anything that could cause them an issue.

I admittedly did briefly consider asking the optho and the dermatologist for a tint rx, but that was a fleeting thought.
To be honest, asking a good friend to simply sign a tint exemption form is not like asking him to write you a script for narcotics. The tint form should be a case by case basis. If I was a mobster, then I would understand his hesitation. But I’m not👍

A bs exemption for a bs law. I can tint my motorcycle helmet legally, I can wear sunglasses at night legally. I can even trade in my car for a van with back or rear windows and drive that legally. This law is mostly to take away privacy for law enforcement monitoring and very little to do with safety.
its truly BS. Some states its illegal to tint the rear and rear sides at all. For law enforcement safety reasons. But yet, same states allow vehicles (SUV's) that come FROM THE FACTORY with those same windows darkly tinted.
Makes ZERO sense.

On a somewhat on topic note: Value of FSD on a S on used market. Per Kelly Blue Book (which has fairly accurate market prices for used S's, from what Ive seen), if you select a used S and add various options including FSD, then price out same used S but take off FSD and only have basic AP? Price difference is about $1100.

Far from the $10k cost..or $100k future value(c)Elon

You are going to love your car (whenever you get it). I have some regrets with the X on order because the S is so fun (latest ones even more so) but the latest X is pretty much what we need as a family. So I'm looking at another 6 months or so anyways.

Good luck passing the time in between the childish sniping.
I’m sure the plaid X will be a blast. And the price hasn’t gone up ‘yet.’

On a somewhat on topic note: Value of FSD on a S on used market. Per Kelly Blue Book (which has fairly accurate market prices for used S's, from what Ive seen), if you select a used S and add various options including FSD, then price out same used S but take off FSD and only have basic AP? Price difference is about $1100.

Far from the $10k cost..or $100k future value(c)Elon

If you buy FSD, assume it's a sunk cost that you will not recover.

its truly BS. Some states its illegal to tint the rear and rear sides at all. For law enforcement safety reasons. But yet, same states allow vehicles (SUV's) that come FROM THE FACTORY with those same windows darkly tinted.
Makes ZERO sense.
As of 2-3 years ago in New York, you can no longer have tint on passenger cars. Well, 70% which is pretty close to clear.
If someone get pulled over in a sedan (or if car is parked) with tinted windows, the officer will write 4 separate tickets for each window that’s tinted. It’s absurd 🤨

As of 2-3 years ago in New York, you can no longer have tint on passenger cars. Well, 70% which is pretty close to clear.
If someone get pulled over in a sedan (or if car is parked) with tinted windows, the officer will write 4 separate tickets for each window that’s tinted. It’s absurd 🤨

I know a officer wrote a ticket for a guy doing donuts in a parking lot. He wrote it as failure for proper turn signal.