Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm such a noob - I don't know if I'm the right person to ask! As a first-timer, not sure what's new/FSD vs previously available, but these are the features I'm enjoying:
  • Lane-changing. This may freak some folks out, but here in SoCal freeways, I have really liked the lane-change assist. I feel more confident with the way the car accelerates and easily moves into the next lane.
  • Navigation on freeway. Not sure if it saved time and have only used it twice, but it recommended when to go to a faster lane when my exit was far away. Still need to spend more time on that and see what it's like.
  • Autosteer and traffic lights in city streets. I take a pretty direct route to work on surface streets and it's working quite well. Keeps me from speeding!
That's all good to know. THANK YOU. I'm getting closer I think. I called Tesla today and was told that my RN "...was in preproduction and conceivably you could have your car this month. Of course, it could be as late as September or October." Ummmmm, WTH???

Anyway, I digress. I live in rural east Texas where driving concerns are animals in the roadway at night, slow tractors, etc. Then, for work, I drive about once a week into/out of the Dallas metroplex, where I deal with what are undoubtedly some of the worst drivers, in some of the busiest traffic, in the entire State of Texas. I have to drive on pins and needles because on many occasions I have had drivers drift into my lane, almost hitting me, and by virtue of being HYPER-ALERT I managed to avoid being smashed into and causing me to wreck. Now, I fully understand that what they were doing (ON THEIR PHONES) was probably A LOT more important than watching out for me and trying not to kill me!! (I say facetiously).

But honestly, the bad/on-the-phone drivers here are reaching pandemic levels. I have seen, and almost been caught in, numerous accidents due to it. And when I'm driving out of the metroplex in the evening, during peak traffic, tired and ready to be home, in that two-plus hour drive my HYPER-AWARENESS can sometimes wane and I'm hoping that a car with FSD can help me stay a little more aware of what's going on around me and help keep me safer.

I won't get my hopes up quite yet, but after my EDD was blank for all but a few days (the proverbial "July") since my my plaid+ order was switched to plaid mid June, I now have a EDD range of July 29-Aug 6. I shouldn't even be telling you guys this though, since I probably just jinxed myself!
It's just the output of a Mersenne Twister, I wouldn't put too much stock in it either way.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I won't get my hopes up quite yet, but after my EDD was blank for all but a few days (the proverbial "July") since my my plaid+ order was switched to plaid mid June, I now have a EDD range of July 29-Aug 6. I shouldn't even be telling you guys this though, since I probably just jinxed myself!
Nice! Can you tell us what color exterior/interior, trim, and wheels you ordered?

Thanks, 50% so I don't have to worry about tickets. Black interior and 70% front as well.
That’s the problem in NY, you’d need a tint exemption for 50% otherwise tickets.
It’s rubbish that we can’t even legally use 50% tint here. If they think 20-30% is too dark, then fine. However, 70% is barely tint so 50% looks like a good compromise.

It's just the output of a Mersenne Twister, I wouldn't put too much stock in it either way.
I had to look up what a Mersenne Twister is lol. Random chance doesn't stop me from getting at least a little excited on those occasions when I buy a powerball ticket when the jackpot reaches $1 billion :) Somebody's got to win the lottery, even if it's by random chance ;)

Once, I was pulled over for going 50 in a 25 mph zone and received a ticket for not having a front license plate instead.
I once got a ticket for doing 26 in a 15mph parking lot... in Boulder Colorado - behind the engineering building while I was there recruiting for my company... and even after telling the officer I was an alum and why i was there...

That’s the problem in NY, you’d need a tint exemption for 50% otherwise tickets.
It’s rubbish that we can’t even legally use 50% tint here. If they think 20-30% is too dark, then fine. However, 70% is barely tint so 50% looks like a good compromise.
its awesome living in a state like Georgia. The fuzz isnt that smart :)

I have seen the Yoke! Wow that thing is bigger than I thought. Looks and feels very cool and comfortable.

Does take a minute to get used to. And by a minute, I mean a week.
i still haven't seen in NJ in real life. I think these are all just a conspiracy and there is no yoke!
(i've seen things on the net, and then when i get them there's a huge size discrepancy from what i thought -whether larger or smaller - for example, linear reals for a 3d printer? it was miniscule compared to all the blown up photos you see)
can't wait to actually see one! preferably in my garage!

Versus what? My first priority was heat rejection, second priority was looks.
In the past I did 70% in front and something like 40% in the back. 55% became a good compromise in terms of avoiding tickets, having a uniform appearance and proven some privacy for the back. I found that even 70% gave me good heat rejection.