Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the mats for the 2020 S fit the refreshed model? I have a brand new unopened box

I was told no. You can see a difference in the picture on the website but not sure if they will actually work.

Also I asked about the trunk mats on the 21 and they stated that they are not out yet but "soon".

Does anyone know if the mats for the 2020 S fit the refreshed model? I have a brand new unopened box
I've posted some photos of their fitment here -

i still haven't seen in NJ in real life. I think these are all just a conspiracy and there is no yoke!
(i've seen things on the net, and then when i get them there's a huge size discrepancy from what i thought -whether larger or smaller - for example, linear reals for a 3d printer? it was miniscule compared to all the blown up photos you see)
can't wait to actually see one! preferably in my garage!
Interesting that some owners already have thousands of miles on their cars meanwhile some of us haven't even seen a refresh in person.
Life isn't fair :(

My wife got a VIN this morning for her Y and when she asked her SA about my Plaid, they told her it won't arrive until Oct-Dec, even though it says "August". More *sugar* from the SA? Her EDD said October but when she called her SA several days ago they told her her VIN would be assigned in a few days, and they were right. Sigh.
The quarter ends in September. Everything in the current backlog will be delivered by EOQ. If you ordered in the last 2 weeks, I would be looking to December based on past performance.

I can totally empathize. I have a 15 month old and I’ve washed and scrubbed the car seats in my Y five times in last 4 months and in my Plaid just last week from vomit incidents. Poor bebe gets so motion sick even in chill mode and me driving with extreme caution. Breaks my heart. 😞

Just in case it helps, all of our kids got terribly carsick even on short drives and I've cleaned up countless messes from it. I found the solution to this when I picked up a 12v (or USB powered) fan from Amazon that I can aim directly on their face in the back seat. This completely solved the problem and while they still get some motion sickness from time to time, I am thrilled to say the barfing has ceased.

Is there anyone that has taken delivery that has any info on the hitch situation? I haven't taken off the under-bumper cover on my LR, but I will eventually need a solution for a bike rack. (mountain bike) I've searched all the dark corners of the interwebs, but haven't seen anything about refreshed Model-S solutions.

The owner's manual also has no info.

Is there anyone that has taken delivery that has any info on the hitch situation? I haven't taken off the under-bumper cover on my LR, but I will eventually need a solution for a bike rack. (mountain bike) I've searched all the dark corners of the interwebs, but haven't seen anything about refreshed Model-S solutions.

There's always the seasucker, but I too would prefer a proper hitch for the bike rack.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just in case it helps, all of our kids got terribly carsick even on short drives and I've cleaned up countless messes from it. I found the solution to this when I picked up a 12v (or USB powered) fan from Amazon that I can aim directly on their face in the back seat. This completely solved the problem and while they still get some motion sickness from time to time, I am thrilled to say the barfing has ceased.
Very nice tip! i do roll down the windows every once a while to help with that but it's not pleasant at anything above 25mph. The fan is a clever idea. Do you have link to the specific one you bought?

That's all good to know. THANK YOU. I'm getting closer I think. I called Tesla today and was told that my RN "...was in preproduction and conceivably you could have your car this month. Of course, it could be as late as September or October." Ummmmm, WTH???
We all want Tesla to communicate better. And then they communicate and give you this.

EFE2E8A8-D1CF-4E80-92AA-CC94191C24CA.jpeg
2C20C2B7-D041-4F98-B65E-DE2B9B89FB22.jpeg

Delivered to the door today - they wanted to hold up delivery till this “major” scuff was repaired. I told Tesla that I gave them my cash, sent my title, and swapped insurance and that I could not wait two weeks for a piece of trim when I felt kind of exposed having gone through all the Texas paperwork. They finally agreed and here she is.

Last edited:

The roof glass has the markings for a roof rack like the one available for the earlier models, so I would guess one is in the works. I have always been a bit leery of the seersucker type approach for the glass roof as I'm not sure if it was designed to deal with forces in that direction, but that might be completely unfounded.

View attachment 684818View attachment 684820
Delivered to the door today - they wanted to hold up delivery till this “major” scuff was repaired. I told Tesla that I gave them my cash, sent my title, and swapped insurance and that I could not wait two weeks for a piece of trim. They finally agreed and here she is.
I think you (and them) made the right call. Enjoy!!

The roof glass has the markings for a roof rack like the one available for the earlier models, so I would guess one is in the works. I have always been a bit leery of the seersucker type approach for the glass roof as I'm not sure if it was designed to deal with forces in that direction, but that might be completely unfounded.
I'm not a fluid mechanics expert but there should already be quite a lot of lift on the roof glass at highway speeds, no?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid