Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Judging by the amount of confusion they seem to have thought the organization, you may be correct on not updating the website.

Baffles me as a first time Tesla buyer that with all the communication, paint, trim, etc problems that everyone reports it scares me that this same lack of attention to detail is just as bad in motors, drive train, software, etc. Just looking at the overhead drone footage, makes me wonder how unorganized they are. They need a modern day "Henry Ford" to organize their assembly process!

You should have no reservations about Tesla drivetrain. It's magic. They deliver in that department. Software might be rough for a while but not where it matters.

No argument about the disorganization.

You should have no reservations about Tesla drivetrain. It's magic. They deliver in that department. Software might be rough for a while but not where it matters.

You can definitely tell that's where 95% of the money goes to in Tesla's cars. SW, powertrain management, powertrain development, etc...

Tesla's drivetrain is by far the best in the industry bar none.

Their software/infotainment is also by far the best, and even better in terms of competitiveness than the drivetrain imo.

You might need some small things adjusted or some non mechanical fixes for things here and there, but their cars, in conjunction with the supercharger network, are extremely difficult to turn down in the realm of EVs.

Tesla's drivetrain is by far the best in the industry bar none.

Their software/infotainment is also by far the best, and even better in terms of competitiveness than the drivetrain imo.

You might need some small things adjusted or some non mechanical fixes for things here and there, but their cars, in conjunction with the supercharger network, are extremely difficult to turn down in the realm of EVs.
100% agreed! The way everything works together, and communicates in Tesla's cars are second to none!

You can definitely tell that's where 95% of the money goes to in Tesla's cars. SW, powertrain management, powertrain development, etc...
Glad to hear that, but car is for my wife, she's more concerned about appearance, so as you know THATS also my concern, along with being dependable. Of course I'll have to drive it a little :)

Glad to hear that, but car is for my wife, she's more concerned about appearance, so as you know THATS also my concern, along with being dependable. Of course I'll have to drive it a little :)

It'll appear just fine. Anything that needs tweaking can be tweaked. It's one of the most over criticized thing for Tesla. Yes their cars on average aren't as "tight" as a Mercedes, most of it they can make right and or most of it you're not going to care one single bit.

It'll appear just fine. Anything that needs tweaking can be tweaked. It's one of the most over criticized thing for Tesla. Yes their cars on average aren't as "tight" as a Mercedes, most of it they can make right and or most of it you're not going to care one single bit.
She's been driving a Range Rover since 2016, just sold it. Loved the look of it, but I hated pretty much everything else about it.

.........Sherlock..... is that you? 🤣 🤣 🤣
1626389745331.png

She's been driving a Range Rover since 2016, just sold it. Loved the look of it, but I hated pretty much everything else about it.

I just came from rovers and jaguar, no issues -loved them. But this is just a different animal. I cannot see me going back. Not because they were bad but because tesla is just better for me.