Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 684818View attachment 684820
Delivered to the door today - they wanted to hold up delivery till this “major” scuff was repaired. I told Tesla that I gave them my cash, sent my title, and swapped insurance and that I could not wait two weeks for a piece of trim when I felt kind of exposed having gone through all the Texas paperwork. They finally agreed and here she is.
A delivery IN Texas!!!! While my MSLR is not a Plaid, this gives me HOOOOOOOPE!!!! :)

This has been a somewhat known thing for a decent amount of time now, but I thought I'd share some findings relating to it - Tesla hides a lot of information about your order (and your car's production status) in the source code of the management page for your order (to get there, go to the page, right click, and click "view page source.) Found some things in there I thought I would share:
  1. A somewhat interesting looking field that might be worth ctrl+f'searching on your page is isNotMatchedToRa00Vin - my guess is that this is related to if your car has been "soft-matched" to a VIN yet that won't show on your actual management page. Has two values - true and false. True essentially means (and this is all my best guess) that you're stuck in nowhereland and don't have a softmatch yet, and that false means that your car has been produced or has been "sent for production." Consistent with my blank EDD, I have a value of "true" here.
  2. Tying back to that first one, and the more known of the two things with the source page - you can sometimes find your VIN hidden in here. If the previous value is false, try searching for 5YJ and seeing if you get any matches that resemble an actual VIN or an encoded VIN that they have started to replace that with in the source pages.
Just a few thoughts.

Quick edit - could someone with a VIN possibly go check to see what their values are for these two just to confirm my suspicions?
I have a VIN and isNotMatchedToRa00Vin is set to 'true'

Ok, Got my MSPlaid, Blk/Blk Ebony 21" tonight at 6 pm. Had a one hour drive home to get somme first impressions. Ill bullet them

1) Exterior: exceeds my expectations. This car looks BADASS. a little wider and lower than my P100D I just traded in. The big fat wheels and tires look amazing.
2) Interior: Exceeds my expectations. Its not quite Mercedes or BMW level of fit/finish but its darn close and lightyears ahead of my 2017 P100D
3) Driving: This thing is insane. Handling, acceleration all unreal. I didn't go into drag strip mode yet but I did do a few unprepped runs of "flooring" it and there is a weird split second hesitation that I didn't have with my P100D before the thing takes off. But once it goes, holy cow does it go. I passed someone on the highway from 80 mph and I hit 125 pretty quickly. The yoke is a little weird there are some thing I like about it: It looks cool, It gives you more visibility, and Its very comfortable on the highway to rest your hand on the bottom (and that keeps autopilot happy that you are awake and alert). The lack of Stalks is weird but just in an hour getting home I was already pretty used to it. I bet in a week it will be a no brainer. Parking and tight turns is weird and Ive lost control of the wheel a few Times because I was expecting a place to grab and it just wasn't there. But Im adjusting. One other thing about flooring it....There is this amazing whirling hum you hear from the motors spooling up to a gazillion RPM and it sounds like a Jet engine sorta. Very cool.

Overall: They Nailed it with this car. Now the questions/concerns I have

1)I am concerned about how my wife is going to use my car if I need her SUV for some reason. I will have to check her out in the car so she understands the controls (or lack thereof) and I don't know how you would ever let a Valet into the car or a car wash attendant. Maybe in a few years when the model S and Yokes are more ubiquitous this won't be a concern. But you would have to explain it to them now.
2) I can't figure out if you need to plug in a USB/Card reader for Sentry mode or is the memory built in? In my P100D you had to format an SSD to use that feature.
3)In my P100D I kept the suspension at the lowest. Are people doing that here?
4) I understand you can not turn off regenerative breaking but is there also no way to turn on Creep???
5)The spoiler is black Carbon Fiber. Its not body colored. I almost feel like my car was supposed to be a CF accented car and they converted it to Ebony and left the CF Spoiler on there. Its not that weird looking but I noticed for sure.
6) My kids tried using Youtube in the back and I got a loading screen (like its updating) and it sat like that forever. It didn't work.
7) My screen froze once already (before I even left the lot) and had to Reboot the whole car.
8)Its a lease. Do I want to do ceramic coating? Ive never done that before. My local detailer normally charges 800 but since the car is new and he won't have to do a lot of prep he's offering to do it for 450.

Im sure ill think of a few more things. But Ive only had the thing for a few hours.

I ordered Feb 2. It was worth the wait.

Ok guys, here is a really, really freshly-uploaded video from @gabeincal!

That's pretty cool. And this mayyyyy be wishful thinking, but I think I spotted mine!!!
Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 9.05.17 PM.png

I’m convinced the “going blank” part of the ordering experience is a social experiment to see how humans react when estimates don’t just change… - they completely disappear.
Ok, Got my MSPlaid, Blk/Blk Ebony 21" tonight at 6 pm. Had a one hour drive home to get somme first impressions. Ill bullet them

1) Exterior: exceeds my expectations. This car looks BADASS. a little wider and lower than my P100D I just traded in. The big fat wheels and tires look amazing.
2) Interior: Exceeds my expectations. Its not quite Mercedes or BMW level of fit/finish but its darn close and lightyears ahead of my 2017 P100D
3) Driving: This thing is insane. Handling, acceleration all unreal. I didn't go into drag strip mode yet but I did do a few unprepped runs of "flooring" it and there is a weird split second hesitation that I didn't have with my P100D before the thing takes off. But once it goes, holy cow does it go. I passed someone on the highway from 80 mph and I hit 125 pretty quickly. The yoke is a little weird there are some thing I like about it: It looks cool, It gives you more visibility, and Its very comfortable on the highway to rest your hand on the bottom (and that keeps autopilot happy that you are awake and alert). The lack of Stalks is weird but just in an hour getting home I was already pretty used to it. I bet in a week it will be a no brainer. Parking and tight turns is weird and Ive lost control of the wheel a few Times because I was expecting a place to grab and it just wasn't there. But Im adjusting. One other thing about flooring it....There is this amazing whirling hum you hear from the motors spooling up to a gazillion RPM and it sounds like a Jet engine sorta. Very cool.

Overall: They Nailed it with this car. Now the questions/concerns I have

1)I am concerned about how my wife is going to use my car if I need her SUV for some reason. I will have to check her out in the car so she understands the controls (or lack thereof) and I don't know how you would ever let a Valet into the car or a car wash attendant. Maybe in a few years when the model S and Yokes are more ubiquitous this won't be a concern. But you would have to explain it to them now.
2) I can't figure out if you need to plug in a USB/Card reader for Sentry mode or is the memory built in? In my P100D you had to format an SSD to use that feature.
3)In my P100D I kept the suspension at the lowest. Are people doing that here?
4) I understand you can not turn off regenerative breaking but is there also no way to turn on Creep???
5)The spoiler is black Carbon Fiber. Its not body colored. I almost feel like my car was supposed to be a CF accented car and they converted it to Ebony and left the CF Spoiler on there. Its not that weird looking but I noticed for sure.
6) My kids tried using Youtube in the back and I got a loading screen (like its updating) and it sat like that forever. It didn't work.
7) My screen froze once already (before I even left the lot) and had to Reboot the whole car.
8)Its a lease. Do I want to do ceramic coating? Ive never done that before. My local detailer normally charges 800 but since the car is new and he won't have to do a lot of prep he's offering to do it for 450.

Im sure ill think of a few more things. But Ive only had the thing for a few hours.

I ordered Feb 2. It was worth the wait.
Congratulations! Enjoy the car and hope you make many fun memories in it :)

I'm such a noob - I don't know if I'm the right person to ask! As a first-timer, not sure what's new/FSD vs previously available, but these are the features I'm enjoying:
  • Lane-changing. This may freak some folks out, but here in SoCal freeways, I have really liked the lane-change assist. I feel more confident with the way the car accelerates and easily moves into the next lane.
  • Navigation on freeway. Not sure if it saved time and have only used it twice, but it recommended when to go to a faster lane when my exit was far away. Still need to spend more time on that and see what it's like.
  • Autosteer and traffic lights in city streets. I take a pretty direct route to work on surface streets and it's working quite well. Keeps me from speeding!
Ms. @lurker131 , have you seen this yet? (
)

Last edited:
I just came from rovers and jaguar, no issues -loved them. But this is just a different animal. I cannot see me going back. Not because they were bad but because tesla is just better for me.
Back in March and April, I mentioned numerous times that my P100D was my all time favorite car. I remember you asked me why I liked my P100D more than all my previous cars. I did my best to explain but words alone weren't enough to get my point across to someone who never owned one. Now that you've been driving your refresh for a couple weeks, happy to see you agree the cars are amazing.

It's now mid July and still no word for many of us. This is brutal. Did not expect to get this far into the year without Plaid being here.
I know right. Quite a *sugar* job from Tesla but at this point I'm getting better to deal with this because of this thread 😂
Also the newer order I placed with 21" wheels is also Blank as of two days ago 😒

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You definitely don't want one of those. Its been sitting there since May. lol
Notice how the red and white are in the same position in the pic below which was clicked in May
View attachment 684943

I'm concerned my car is sitting there. If I remember correctly, many are the old 19 inch wheels and or are carbon fiber or white interior. Eek.