Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on May 2021, model s LR black with cream and 19’ wheels. No EDD after showing September for quite some time. Almost tempted to upgrade to 21’ but wondering if that would possibly delay me this far into the process?
I ordered your same config right after the 5k increase. Was trying to stick with the 19s but the other day after seeing only 21” deliveries and knowing 19’s will be a while, after a couple of beers I got caught up and upgraded to the 21s. My EDD still shows October so at this point who knows if I’d get the car faster. But at least I can stop thinking of sticking with 19s as I really like the look of the 21s. Either way it’ll be a while, I’m guessing maybe end of Sept to get in with the end of quarter rush.

Ordered on May 2021, model s LR black with cream and 19’ wheels. No EDD after showing September for quite some time. Almost tempted to upgrade to 21’ but wondering if that would possibly delay me this far into the process?
Personally, I’d just sit tight. I’m sitting on a Jan order w/ 21’s and no reliable EDD. Making changes are a) all over the place with challenges/price increases b) no guarantee you will see something sooner. My .02s.

my order range was september-october so i cant' complain. when you go to build an LR it still says September-October. Go for higher profit Plaid however, and the story changes (a bit) - Plaid with 21" wheels still shows July, but then, and below you get these two beauties:
View attachment 688313
It has been saying that for weeks now. Honestly, probably since the beginning of July.

my order range was september-october so i cant' complain. when you go to build an LR it still says September-October. Go for higher profit Plaid however, and the story changes (a bit) - Plaid with 21" wheels still shows July, but then, and below you get these two beauties:
View attachment 688313
It does show July but it's a lie. That's Tesla's way of honey-dicking new buyers. Because once you place the order and finalize all the steps the delivery date either disappears completely or starts showing September or October a few days later. Don't ask me how I know :confused:

It’s has been discussed (at semi-length) in the LR thread that this is not a bait and switch.
Well. I have a hard time believing that. End of May order. Even mid-June order still saying June east coast delivery with CF and 19’s? If you don’t want to call it B&S then just remove the ampersand.

It’s has been discussed (at semi-length) in the LR thread that this is not a bait and switch.
Except it is a bait and switch. A few people who order the Tesla's desired configuration, which happens to be Black/MSM/Blue Exterior + Black/Cream Interior w/21" wheels, have been able to get their cars on a short notice and that too was the result of EOQ push. There is no evidence of this Not being a bait and switch.

It does show July but it's a lie. That's Tesla's way of honey-dicking new buyers. Because once you place the order and finalize all the steps the delivery date either disappears completely or starts showing September or October a few days later. Don't ask me how I know :confused:
Maybe it’s best to cancel and just get a couple of Chevy Volts in different colors? Would help the nerves…

Except it is a bait and switch. A few people who order the Tesla's desired configuration, which happens to be Black/MSM/Blue Exterior + Black/Cream Interior w/21" wheels, have been able to get their cars on a short notice and that too was the result of EOQ push. There is no evidence of this Not being a bait and switch.
That is not a bait and switch. That is poor production planning and Tesla doing whatever they want. It is an estimate. Not a promised delivery date. And even then, if they miss the delivery date, it is not a bail and switch.

By your logic, if Amazon misses my delivery date by a day, Prime is a bait and switch. But it is not.

Look, everyone is salty and pissed off that cars are being delivered and you did not get yours. But what you are claiming it is, it is not.

Well. I have a hard time believing that. End of May order. Even mid-June order still saying June east coast delivery with CF and 19’s? If you don’t want to call it B&S then just remove the ampersand.
The estimator does not take into account location of delivery. If you live in the right location and have the right order, you likely could get matched with a car by end of June or not end of July. But that does not mean EVERYONE will.