Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should be the last person talking about fragility of egos since you're the most flamboyant rider of them all on this forum. You get your pitchforks out the very instant someone says anything against Tesla lol Please go ahead and join the other one who's all about speaking his piece and then ignoring people when he realizes the world doesn't revolve around him.
Love your perspective and your story. Can’t wait until Electrek turns it into a made for TV drama.

It’s has been discussed (at semi-length) in the LR thread that this is not a bait and switch.
btw, FWIW i've read where some folks had their 19" wheels "upgraded" for free to 21" wheels. i may be in the majority, but i do NOT want 21" wheels. no how, no way. I"d likely object and wait for the 19" (note, if i really get offered it for free, and the car sooner, i'd likely cave, like when i say no to dessert at a restaurant....)
the 21" to ME represent:
1) less rubber, more rim damage on my crappy roads, and
2) the need to buy winter tires. Maybe another set of rims, but at the very least either a tire swap, or purchase of all season tires as the 21" only come with summer.
i avoid all that with the 19". yes i think the 19's are ugly, but hey, don't judge a book (or wheel) by it's cover.... :)

btw, FWIW i've read where some folks had their 19" wheels "upgraded" for free to 21" wheels. i may be in the majority, but i do NOT want 21" wheels. no how, no way. I"d likely object and wait for the 19" (note, if i really get offered it for free, and the car sooner, i'd likely cave, like when i say no to dessert at a restaurant....)
the 21" to ME represent:
2) the need to buy winter tires. Maybe another set of rims, but at the very least either a tire swap, or purchase of all season tires as the 21" only come with summer.
i avoid all that with the 19". yes i think the 19's are ugly, but hey, don't judge a book (or wheel) by it's cover.... :)
I was upgraded to free 21's but it was an EOQ incentive. It was not required, I could have declined and waited for the 19's.

I just figured out everyone getting Edds between July something - early August is located west coast which takes about 3~4 days to get delivered after getting VIN.

My SA told me it would take 3 days for ready to pick after getting VIN. So still there's a chance to get a delivery by end of this month if we get VIN before Wednesday.

I bet August 3~8 though.

the 21" to ME represent:
I will just share the post to what i was referring to. There is dialog about it. Being offered 21s and taking them, is not a bait and switch. As someone else stated, you have the capability to decline and wait for 19s.
Post in thread '2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking'
2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

Since I am sure I will get flamed for “fawning to support Tesla”, please point out where this post “supports Tesla”. If you feel like you were “bait and switch”, take up the legal course against Tesla.

Last time I’ll say this. It totally is a B&S. Why? Because by 2 weeks before EOQ they knew damn well 19’s were not shipping anytime soon and still said June, even if you lived above the shed outside of the freemont factory garage in an efficiency, you still would not get the car until who knows when.

That is misleading. I don’t truly care because I’m driving a great P3D right now so I’m happy, EV-wise.

I just don’t like the (as someone else said) opaque and pretty much worthless communication. I don’t need the car. I just want half decent honesty and transparency.

I will just share the post to what i was referring to. There is dialog about it. Being offered 21s and taking them, is not a bait and switch. As someone else stated, you have the capability to decline and wait for 19s.
Post in thread '2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking'
2021 MS 19” Tempest Delivery Tracking

Since I am sure I will get flamed for “fawning to support Tesla”, please point out where this post “supports Tesla”. If you feel like you were “bait and switch”, take up the legal course against Tesla.
Being offered 21's with a promise of a faster delivery, and then not delivering, would be a bait and switch. Tesla has definitely done this to several members here.

When you order carbon fiber interior, and then they offer you the lower cost wood trim instead. That is the LITERAL definition of bait and switch. Get you to commit to a purchase, and then convince you to settle for something else, because the thing they promised is not available, or would cause you additional inconvenience. In this case, the carbon fiber trim is exclusive to the Plaid, but they tell you to take a lesser trim option at the same price.

There are several other examples here, but in a nutshell, offering a product, and then convincing you to accept a lesser quality option at the same price is bait and switch. It is done by convincing the consumer the sunk cost, in this case time, would not be worth getting what you initially wanted.

Being offered 21's with a promise of a faster delivery, and then not delivering, would be a bait and switch. Tesla has definitely done this to several members here
Who promised you this? SAs? Tesla has never straight out said “upgrade your 21s and you get your car sooner”. Hell, we are seeing people upgrade to 21s and still sitting at October.
When you order carbon fiber interior, and then they offer you the lower cost wood trim instead. That is the LITERAL definition of bait and switch. Get you to commit to a purchase, and then convince you to settle for something else, because the thing they promised is not available, or would cause you additional inconvenience. In this case, the carbon fiber trim is exclusive to the Plaid, but they tell you to take a lesser trim option at the same price.
Offered. Not the only thing being delivered. You still have the option to wait for carbon fiber (or 19s or whatever) and get what you ordered. They are delivering almost every config (with the exception of white interior it seems), just look at recent deliveries and photos. Not at the speed any one wants, but they are delivering it.
There are several other examples here, but in a nutshell, offering a product, and then convincing you to accept a lesser quality option at the same price is bait and switch.
Who “convinced” you? You have the right, as the customer, to say no. You also have the right to “settle” (In my opinion) or accept what is being offered to get your car earlier versus waiting for what you wanted. It is not like Tesla has a gun to your head forcing you to take delivery.

As I said earlier, everyone is (rightfully) pissed off about the delay(s), the delivery process, the sequence of cars being delivered and the list could go on. Not debating that and align with everyone on that. But stating it is a bait and switch is wrong. Also said, if you were bait and switched take the legal course. Hopefully you remember to opt out of arbitration.

Last edited: