Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is not a bait and switch. That is poor production planning and Tesla doing whatever they want. It is an estimate. Not a promised delivery date. And even then, if they miss the delivery date, it is not a bail and switch.

By your logic, if Amazon misses my delivery date by a day, Prime is a bait and switch. But it is not.

Look, everyone is salty and pissed off that cars are being delivered and you did not get yours. But what you are claiming it is, it is not.
Listen, we can sit here and debate on this. But there is no reason to waste time on it since some of you get up in arms the moment someone questions Tesla which I find absolutely ridiculous. You can't simply patch it up by calling it an, "poor production planning". Because Tesla is making a mockery of the people, some of whom are Plaid+ reservation holders and waiting for close to a year, and goes out of its way to deliver cars to people who order Tesla's desired config within weeks. So no, sir , no amount of verbal gymnastics is going to help your argument because this is a bait and switch. Tell me again how ordering a six figure car is the same as ordering an item off of Amazon Prime.
At the end of the day, you can love Tesla all you want but don't get mad at people who call them out on their horrendous business model and know that not everyone is like you who gives Tesla benefit of the doubt every single time. I'm done arguing with you and the likes of you who think a corporation needs your help in defending them in an online forum. Have a nice day.

I don’t really care all too much when I get the car; I’d be fine with September, even, but just say that and give me an estimate I can rely on. It fluxes my capacitors that they promised June, then estimated July, and followed that up with no decent communication to any customer.

I suppose it’s hard for any company to keep pace when it has rapid growth, but you should still at least pay attention to your whales and evangelists.

Instead, we have games and silence.

View attachment 688238

Hopefully, Elon never loses his hair, otherwise it’ll be easier to see through his charades…

View attachment 688241
Not anymore, he already took care of his lost hair
IMG_1697.jpg.jpg

You plunk down a $100 deposit with a delivery date showing June. You wait until let’s say September when they clearly are not going to deliver it as estimated. You cancel your order let’s say, and they keep your $100 bucks and easily sell your car to someone else. Seems a bit unfair.
Think of the $100 deposit as a hedge against price increases to the model. Even if you decide against the car, no need to cancel your order before a VIN is awarded. If the purchase price doesn't increase between order date and delivery, you can refuse delivery and cancel all the same. If the price of the car did increase, you can take delivery and sell immediately.

The wait isn’t easy, heck I’ve been waiting since early this month, but it’s the same for most cars. I looked at the forum for Mercedes and most of the new S-classes are arriving without certain features. Material shortages are very real, and I’m sure the suppliers cannot keep up with demand.

I am still tempted to order a Plaid so I can get delivery by July. :D

My two orders are still blank.

The estimator does not take into account location of delivery. If you live in the right location and have the right order, you likely could get matched with a car by end of June or not end of July. But that does not mean EVERYONE will.
I agree with this. I ordered late May expecting that I'd get it sometime September (per my educated guess based on Tesla's record), but because of Q2 EOQ and living <20 miles away, got my VIN 3rd week of June and delivery a few days after that. Distance from Fremont does matter.

Explaining what bait and switch means is not defending the honor of anyone. Having to have it explained to you can bruise fragile egos though. No need to argue about it.
You should be the last person talking about fragility of egos since you're the most flamboyant rider of them all on this forum. You get your pitchforks out the very instant someone says anything against Tesla lol Please go ahead and join the other one who's all about speaking his piece and then ignoring people when he realizes the world doesn't revolve around him.