Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of us not in our right mind that ordered LR don't have a CF choice....and it was JT not DF that is putting the luxury tax in....
If you want wood, I will gladly trade you the wood trim from my car (when I get it) and swap for carbon fiber. If I could have carbon fiber on my LR, I would. Even at an up charge.

What's up everybody, just joined here after learning it existed a week or so ago and the wealth of knowledge and activity here is incredible! I'll join the frustration of the delivery delays, ordered the new MS LR - White/White/21" in Indiana on 1/28/21 after driving a Model S rental car on in early 2020. June 17th my EDD updated to "June 25 - June 30" for 48 hours, which (being a Tesla newbie) had me super pumped. Of course then super bummed when it went blank, came back as "August" and has now gone blank again ever since they put the delivery hold in place. To make matters worse, I worked in the automotive industry and knew about 2 years ago this refresh was eventually coming and waited to place an order until it was unveiled. Every day checking (multiple times) to see if the EDD has been updated is brutal, but from what everyone describes should be worth it assuming it eventually delivers. Hope that holds true, at least this thread helps console me as I realize I'm certainly not alone.

What's up everybody, just joined here after learning it existed a week or so ago and the wealth of knowledge and activity here is incredible! I'll join the frustration of the delivery delays, ordered the new MS LR - White/White/21" in Indiana on 1/28/21 after driving a Model S rental car on in early 2020. June 17th my EDD updated to "June 25 - June 30" for 48 hours, which (being a Tesla newbie) had me super pumped. Of course then super bummed when it went blank, came back as "August" and has now gone blank again ever since they put the delivery hold in place. To make matters worse, I worked in the automotive industry and knew about 2 years ago this refresh was eventually coming and waited to place an order until it was unveiled. Every day checking (multiple times) to see if the EDD has been updated is brutal, but from what everyone describes should be worth it assuming it eventually delivers. Hope that holds true, at least this thread helps console me as I realize I'm certainly not alone.
Welcome to our support group. There are donuts and coffee in the back. You don't have to talk if you don't want to, but it helps to share your pain.

2021Plaid just got his 4000 chip.

Tesla figured out how to stop everyone from refreshing. Just deny access to your Tesla account.
C8DA9734-1DC6-493C-87EC-7785943817F7.jpeg

Welcome to TMC,s Therapy session this is the right place to be.

Welcome to thread! Happy to have you! 😄

I ordered my LR/19" in Jan. It's already almost August now (with blank EDD).
If I don't get mine delivered by September, I'll probably hold it out to Jan '22 (delay delivery), rather than accept a 2021 VIN in Oct/Nov/Dec. Trying to save on the perceived depreciation $$.

Or come September, I'll be willing to sell my position in line (for no profit) and place a new order :) . Let me know if anyone's looking :).

Last edited:
I get it. Been there many times through the Tesla *sugar* mill myself.

I recd the text from Tesla about my delivery appt while I was at the Audi dealer test driving. Decided to follow through with the Tesla after a little Tesla doing what Tesla does with schedules, I took delivery of the first LR in my state. My parents were with me to look at the Audi as well. They drove the E-Tron. They loved it, ordered one, and cancelled their Y on order.

So it is easy for me to say hang in there since I have mine amd am in the middle of a road trip. Over 4k miles now and another 2k in next couple weeks have proven this to be a pretty solid vehicle. Definitely has its issues but road trips so much better than my previous German and British luxury cars. Have an appt with service to fix a few things soon.

Anyway, if I stuck it out, you can too. Nothing is worth what Tesla put me through but love the car and have suppressed the process.

@elon or @tesla. Finish the car and get me what has been promised.
How long after you got your VIN did you get your car and did you have to drive to Castleton and pick it up or did they bring it to you?

Reactions: HumanInput
Or @Hayseed_MS's dead h**ker! 🤣
I stopped by my local Porsche dealer yesterday and they have a 2020 model s for sale for 90k. I thought to myself why would anyone pay new car price for a used car? You can order a brand new long range for 90k, why buy this used one?

I guess what I’m saying is why would anyone buy a dead hooker when you can get one for free?

I stopped by my local Porsche dealer yesterday and they have a 2020 model s for sale for 90k. I thought to myself why would anyone pay new car price for a used car? You can order a brand new long range for 90k, why buy this used one?

I guess what I’m saying is why would anyone buy a dead hooker when you can get one for free?
Beats me man, beats me.....😞🤣

• Funny
Reactions: AMPd and HumanInput