Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dont worry guys if you order a Plaid today you should get it in July :cool: :cool:😂

1627406740698.png

I believe Plaids are being rolled out at much higher rate than LRs. You then factor in 21s vs. 19s. So I think following the deliveries from sooner to later based on config:

1. Plaid (Ext - White/Black, Interior - Black/Cream, 21s)
2. Plaid (Ext - Silver/Red, Interior - Black/Cream, 21s)
3. LR (Ext - White/Black, Interior - Black/Cream, 21s)
4. LR (Ext - Red/Silver, Interior - Black/Cream, 21s)
I can vouch for #1 cause I ordered 6/22 (Plaid black/black/21s)and it’s arriving at the dealership by 8/2 (scheduled to pick up 8/3)—was told it arrived at the rail yard in Birmingham. TOTALLY not rubbing it in for all those folks that have waited for f’ng ever—merely supporting your suspicions.

Looking at how fast Tesla updates specs on its cars I won't be surprised if they announce a Plaid with 4680 with 500+ miles of range. The only reason they "cancelled" Plaid+ this year is so it doesn't hurt the Plaid sales which it was going to big time. I'm with you on the product being incomplete and several features being only promised instead of actually being delivered. Add their customer service being a damn joke to it and it's almost too easy to get fed up with Tesla. I'd have dropped Tesla in a heart beat had the competition had their sh*t together.
Yeah, what I’m hearing you say is that a smart buyer would put off the purchase of an EV for a year or two, am I right? Same conclusion Tigers has been winding up to for the last 6 months too.

But….. I predict you’ll both hang in there and continue to share your thoughts and experiences for a couple more years. 😂

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I can vouch for #1 cause I ordered 6/22 (Plaid black/black/21s)and it’s arriving at the dealership by 8/2 (scheduled to pick up 8/3)—was told it arrived at the rail yard in Birmingham. TOTALLY not rubbing it in for all those folks that have waited for f’ng ever—merely supporting your suspicions.
Yeah, f*ck this dog sh*t of a company for doing this to its customers. Then you have idiots sitting in here willing to sell their left nut to defend these practices. They're going as far as to change the textbook definitions of bait and switch and sh*t lol pathetic!
Congrats to you for getting your car soon, at least you feel for people waiting longer than you and are not justifying these garbage decisions by Tesla.

Alright guys - after 5 days gone and seeing stuff, here are my thoughts:

-I'm not likely to go with the Model S, at this time. I haven't cancelled (yet), but I've been reading issues with the Model S both software and build quality, it sounds like the worst of the same ole' Tesla. I'm not prepared to pay $85k for a car, which will be my most expensive purchase thus far in life and have to deal with half baked software and *sugar* falling off the vehicle.

-On that note, the ANC was one of the top 2-3 features I was really looking for. I have doubts that will actually be active by EOY and if it is, IDK, I don't really trust Tesla to do it in an error-free way. Clearly something is complicated about it, otherwise seems like they would've gotten it out the door.

I've got a second car and while it is old, it's been completely paid for and meets the needs A to B. I really want the opportunity to drive the F-150 Lightning, the Ioniq 5, Rivian R1T, Model Y with 4680 (but think it comes out middle of next year at best) and Ford Bronco (though - I highly, highly doubt I could ever go back to ICE. have a test drive today though).

For me - I'm either going to go with the Bronco (doubtful) or wait for a new car when the whole market is (hopefully) better next year.

I get it. Been there many times through the Tesla *sugar* mill myself.

I recd the text from Tesla about my delivery appt while I was at the Audi dealer test driving. Decided to follow through with the Tesla after a little Tesla doing what Tesla does with schedules, I took delivery of the first LR in my state. My parents were with me to look at the Audi as well. They drove the E-Tron. They loved it, ordered one, and cancelled their Y on order.

So it is easy for me to say hang in there since I have mine amd am in the middle of a road trip. Over 4k miles now and another 2k in next couple weeks have proven this to be a pretty solid vehicle. Definitely has its issues but road trips so much better than my previous German and British luxury cars. Have an appt with service to fix a few things soon.

Anyway, if I stuck it out, you can too. Nothing is worth what Tesla put me through but love the car and have suppressed the process.

@elon or @tesla. Finish the car and get me what has been promised.

I get it. Been there many times through the Tesla *sugar* mill myself.

I recd the text from Tesla about my delivery appt while I was at the Audi dealer test driving. Decided to follow through with the Tesla after a little Tesla doing what Tesla does with schedules, I took delivery of the first LR in my state. My parents were with me to look at the Audi as well. They drove the E-Tron. They loved it, ordered one, and cancelled their Y on order.

So it is easy for me to say hang in there since I have mine amd am in the middle of a road trip. Over 4k miles now and another 2k in next couple weeks have proven this to be a pretty solid vehicle. Definitely has its issues but road trips so much better than my previous German and British luxury cars. Have an appt with service to fix a few things soon.

Anyway, if I stuck it out, you can too. Nothing is worth what Tesla put me through but love the car and have suppressed the process.

@elon or @tesla. Finish the car and get me what has been promised.
Thanks for the tip, heading to Audi dealer for a test drive.

Thanks for the tip, heading to Audi dealer for a test drive.

For my mother, the etron is a better car. She does not care about range or charging network. It was $30k more but worth it to them. I was going after the S7.

Funny how the Audi dealer treated us. She has a mtg date already. Within a few days, the dealer GM called to follow up on the process and give more info.