Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine has it. (not on rear door but behind it)
I m pretty sure others have it too.
4241AD73-22D4-4910-BD2A-27984D2810C6.jpeg

(rubs eyes) I got an EDD! It's been 2 months of blank (ordered in March), checking 4 times a day! It's back... Probably just to tease me, but hey, I'm desperate! Aug 1-15!
And i have the 19" cf config.
Man i hope this turns into a VIN and then my dream car shows up!
Now on to refreshing 10 times a day!

There are other options.

Consider someone's used Model S perhaps, either the current model or the previous "Ravens."

(Here's ours: eBay item number 334087602278.)

Some really don't like the Yoke "wheel" and there are a handful of cast offs on the Internet, if you look.
I don't like round steering wheel and old motors, sorry.

I’ve seen the same. They are out there if you look around. Also, got to hang out a month ago with a new Plaid owner in Redmond at a Bagel shop. He said he got a speeding ticket on the way home from taking delivery.
Hahahah. He has been plaid right away hahahha.

I drove a lot, like 1500 miles per week and this is why I can see so many of them :)

I have eagle eyes and 1500 miles on the odometer per week, this is why hahahha. Plus West coast and Seattle especially have more teslas here due to $4/g cheapest gas.

1500 miles per week? Good lord. I have 7,400 miles on my Model 3 since May, 2019. No wonder I don't see any cars! Tesla offering me $56,000 for my Model 3 Performance is pretty great, though, when you factor in the tax it counts toward to on the difference... That's the equivalent of about $62k private sale. Pretty psyched about that!

1500 miles per week? Good lord. I have 7,400 miles on my Model 3 since May, 2019. No wonder I don't see any cars! Tesla offering me $56,000 for my Model 3 Performance is pretty great, though, when you factor in the tax it counts toward to on the difference... That's the equivalent of about $62k private sale. Pretty psyched about that!
Yeah, probably a bit less. I put 56000 miles on my previous X in 12 months... I like to drive. Everywhere.

So my Plaid order finally got a VIN this afternoon after shifting dates every day from Aug 6 - 20 and was at Aug 13 - 20 this morning. Right after I got a VIN, the estimated delivery date changed to July.
I called Fremont to ask what's up, and the SA said to ignore that. She said my car was still being built and hadn't even left Fremont. Finally, she said if she had to estimate (she was clear this could be wrong), it'd be about a couple of weeks before it actually gets shipped out.

So my Plaid order finally got a VIN this afternoon after shifting dates every day from Aug 6 - 20 and was at Aug 13 - 20 this morning. Right after I got a VIN, the estimated delivery date changed to July.
I called Fremont to ask what's up, and the SA said to ignore that. She said my car was still being built and hadn't even left Fremont. Finally, she said if she had to estimate (she was clear this could be wrong), it'd be about a couple of weeks before it actually gets shipped out.

Yeah, the SAs have no idea. Mine VIN'ed this morning, is in Fremont, may or may not even be built yet etc etc.

Noticed this when getting into the driver seat.... what do you guys think? Some type of insulation that was supposed to be painted over but broken off?

Edited: added another photo of the normal looking (or is it??) passenger side...
Is it just me or does the build quality of these seems to be, well, crap, for a $90+k vehicle?