Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve seen many posts on this thread about helpful SA’s and I’ve spoken to a few when I stop by the local SC. Unfortunately that has not been my experience since my original SA left Tesla. My new SA has only showed interest when she added her name to my existing order from January. I’ll give her credit that her first email response said she had no information and wouldn’t until it was delivered to the SC, she’s kept her word on that.

I drive by my local SC all the time and have stopped in a few times in the last 7 months hoping to get an updated or see a new MS in person. I stopped by at end of quarter and I could see a new MS ready for delivery through the tinted front window but she refused to let me peek my head in the door to take a look even though no one was in the delivery room or showroom at that time. She said it was not allowed and would be fired if she did but quite honestly I think she just really enjoyed my annoyance at the immaturity of her response as I wasn’t asking to sit in it, just peek inside the door. I stopped by another SC while out of town and they were happy to show me a MS they had and so did another SA at my SC when my SA wasn’t there. He even looked up my order and provided an update! I got my VIN this week and I stopped by since I didn’t hear from anyone and again she refused to let me peek at a new MS they had ready or provide any helpful information on the delivery process.

She has made an already tiresome order process the worst customer experience I’ve ever had. If it wasn’t for the other two SA’s I spoke to I probably would have cancelled my order. Can I request a new SA at this point?
I went straight for the service side of the house and got to see a Plaid in the service area. I did not ask to open the doors, sit in it or otherwise touch it as it was not my car but I did have a good ten minute conversation with the service tech about good panel gaps and not having mfg dump their trash on the service centers this time around :). He also went on to assign a handle to my ViN and track if for me on its two week journey to FL.

I think the service side of the house is much more interested in, well, service.

Hi everyone! Figured I’d join the fray on the last day of the month. I’ve lurked for some time and I’ve really enjoyed reading and learning from your posts, sharing in the hi’s and lows.

Seeing as how I ordered my MS Plaid July 1st, I don’t anticipate a car anytime soon but that’s ok. My SA, in his one and only response (followed by weeks of radio silence), stated to expect a delivery sometime in October. With a white interior we’ll see if that becomes a reality.

I’m rooting for everyone in this thread! Hang in there! To my fellow Los Angelenos, I hope to see you on the road in your new Tesla’s sometime in the near future. Cheers!
Well someone has one in our neck of the woods. My son sent me this today. Love seeing it, hate that it is not in my driveway.

Attachments

• 2021-07-31.jpg
    2021-07-31.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 62
Well someone has one in our neck of the woods. My son sent me this today. Love seeing it, hate that it is not in my driveway.
I’ve really kept an eye out. Plenty of MS on the road but no Plaids. The only one I saw in the wild was in Malibu. White with white interior. I just assume celebrity or influencer.

Hi everyone! Figured I’d join the fray on the last day of the month. I’ve lurked for some time and I’ve really enjoyed reading and learning from your posts, sharing in the hi’s and lows.

Seeing as how I ordered my MS Plaid July 1st, I don’t anticipate a car anytime soon but that’s ok. My SA, in his one and only response (followed by weeks of radio silence), stated to expect a delivery sometime in October. With a white interior we’ll see if that becomes a reality.

I’m rooting for everyone in this thread! Hang in there! To my fellow Los Angelenos, I hope to see you on the road in your new Tesla’s sometime in the near future. Cheers!
We don’t like your positive vibe in these parts. Kindly move on to a more sober and happier thread.

A bit off topic but wanted to get advice on winter tires and wheels for the new Plaid. Getting 21s summer tires at delivery but need to plan for driving under 45 degrees in a couple of months.
I am very happy with a set of 19” wheels and Michelin X-Ice Snow tires. The extra sidewalks are nice when there are slush filled potholes waiting to eat the 21” wheels. All season tires are fine if you only encounter occasional snow. If you regularly hit ice then studless winter tires are worth every penny.

I "fired" my original SA months ago after he always seemed to be not working or just didn't respond to my emails. I was able to get the email address for our Tesla RM and he put me in direct contact with my local SC Mgr...so I've been dealing with both of them directly via email and phone.
I’ve never had contact with my SA and don’t have any way to contact him or her. I’ve talk 3 times to my local sales center. Two of the the people I talked to tried to be helpful (but weren’t).

Other than have a shoulder to cry on is there any advantage to having an SA?

Well I was surprised yesterday morning to a VIN. Ordered 1/5/21 Blue/Black/19s. Switched to 21s on 7/5/21. EDD 13-16 Aug. I’m not going to get that excited. I’ll believe it when I take delivery. Only THEN will I sell my 2021 (Dec of 2020 delivery) MSLR. (Blue/White/19s 6600 miles on it if anyone is interested 😝)

So now that I have a VIN, I decided to shop my current 2021 MSLR around to a few of the online car buying companies. I knew the used car market is crazy, but I never expected this. One of the offers I received was $14k more THAN I PAID FOR IT back in December. I was planning on posting her for sale to help out a member looking for a car, but if they are offering that high, I feel like I would be cruel selling at the actual market price at the moment.
In a similar situation; where did you shop it around? I'd like to sell our MS Perf relatively soon, and then count on the new MS LR coming really, really soon . . . maybe. (We ordered in December for Pete's sake!)

And why do you suppose there are many Audi E-Trons on the lots now? Yes, excellent quality, but crazy expensive for the relatively low performance and very low max battery range you’re getting. I was hoping for better from the Porsche/Audi EVs but it seems they won’t quite be at a similar level as Tesla until their next EV battery architecture versions…perhaps in 2023?
Indeed.

Various websites for used cars are filled with one-year old E-Trons for sale with tens of thousands of dollars off of the MSRP. I suspect many were used as service loaners for a few months, and then off to CPO land they went.

They appear to have nearly no market as they're heavy, slow, have no frunk, and are a joke for range . . . not to mention the many atrocities of the Electrify America "network" of broken and slow chargers.

The used car market will tell a LOT about the future of a brand. Perhaps these cars mark the beginning of the end for VW and associated brands:

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark