Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got a delivery date for my Plaid (19", Black/Wood, Red) yesterday, after having no date for at least 4 months.

Yesterday: August 11th - August 25th
Today: August 12th - 25th

I remember seeing this pattern on my Y order. Every day the earliest date would get delayed by 1 day. Don't remember what happened though, i think my dates went blank again eventually.

Same here
Had originally ordered MS Plaid+ but it got downgraded to Plaid after the announcement.
Sold my P85 when it went to Delivery: July. Delivery now is indefinite.
I'm now driving a Dodge Ram 2500 Heavy Duty and paying > $4.30/g of diesel 😭.
Absolutely no comm from TSLA. The sales dude isn't returning calls. WTF?

MS Plaid Grey/White/CF, 19" RN113961783
Hang in there buddy. We both got the fatal combo of white interior and 19s. White interior is the reason for delay at this point since we're already seeing 19" orders move now

Attachments

• 80B54754-B3D9-4947-96CB-87A1CCD5DF8C.png
    80B54754-B3D9-4947-96CB-87A1CCD5DF8C.png
    276.7 KB · Views: 69
Today was a great day 😍. Met up with @AimStellar and @DukeofURL in NJ to finally see a Plaid in person. Aimstellar’s Black/Black Plaid with PPF and 35% ceramic tint looked amazing. After waiting for so many months and still not seeing a refresh in person, I finally got up close and personal and even drove his Plaid which blew me away 🤩.
Of course I’ve seen all the pics, read all the reviews, watched all the videos, etc.
I knew what to expect and the car still exceeded my very high expectations. It looked nicer in person both exterior and interior. The black exterior looks great with the tinted windows and the 21s. The car felt amazing on the road; super smooth, planted, loved the yoke, insane acceleration (with 3 of us in the car,) and just pulled so hard.
And to top it all off, when we were heading back, I noticed we were only at like 40-45% soc. I was like holy Shite!!! Before I noticed it, I just assumed the battery was at a high soc. Wow wow wow ! Now I want my damn car hah.

Big shout out to @AimStellar for meeting up and being so generous with his car. Made me a happy guy. Also good to meet @DukeofURL. Fun times

Attachments

• 27FAE9FB-145B-4EF9-8443-70EF9F3C7BA8.jpeg
    27FAE9FB-145B-4EF9-8443-70EF9F3C7BA8.jpeg
    738.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
What he said. 0-60 in 1.9 seconds vs 0-60 in 3.1 seconds. 200mph vs 163mph.
I always love watching people buy into the marketing and listing one speed with roll out and one without, and then shaving almost a tenth of a second off of it to boot. 😂 Also, it's 163 vs. 155 at the moment. :)

Guys, sorry for oof topic. I need your help especially from people from MD, Pennsylvania and NY.

I have finalized everything and will take delivery of my new Plaid in Baltimore this coming Tuesday.

I want to drive the car back to Seattle but need to protect it.

If you know someone who owns or if you are the one who runs a detailing shop and would be able to take me without a lane for full-body PPF late Tuesday, early Wednesday I will appreciate it a lot.
Please let me know in PM.

I always love watching people buy into the marketing and listing one speed with roll out and one without, and then shaving almost a tenth of a second off of it to boot. 😂 Also, it's 163 vs. 155 at the moment. :)
Yeah lol, I wish Tesla weren’t so sneaky and showed both with rollout, although I’d prefer both without rollout since using rollout is super deceptive IMO. 90% of people fall for it though so I guess it works…

do we know the 0-60 of the LR with rollout? Or the 0-60 of the plaid without rollout?

Yeah lol, I wish Tesla weren’t so sneaky and showed both with rollout, although I’d prefer both without rollout since using rollout is super deceptive IMO. 90% of people fall for it though so I guess it works…

do we know the 0-60 of the LR with rollout? Or the 0-60 of the plaid without rollout?
The fastest 0-60 we've seen on the Plaid was from DragTimes' video, where he ran 2.14 seconds without rollout on the street.