Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a reminder to the people who are pushing that the sensation of acceleration between LR and Plaid is barely noticeable…. a 200lb occupant will feel an additional 80lbs if force pushing him into the seat back. Stop being silly.
If you are 80 Lbs overweight, the Plaid is not worth it.

Agreed! Fortunately many of us are getting our Plaids for a $35k difference since the LR just increased to $85k and we are paying $120k 🎉
This is disingenuous and flat out wrong. The value is the price difference when you placed the order. A LR preorder customer could do the same stupid math. A LR customer is saving $50K, because a LR was only $80K and a Plaid costs $130K...

People need to stop skewing everything to make things sound better. The same thing keeps happening with rollout vs. non-rollout speeds. Just stop.

Shifted again. 15-28 August:

Blank
August
Blank
August
Blank
August
July 28-Aug 11
Blank
August
July 31-Aug 12
August
Aug 4-Aug 17
Aug 5-Aug 18
Aug 6-Aug 17
Aug 7-Aug 17
Aug 8-Aug 17
Aug 9-Aug 17
Aug 10-Aug 17
Aug 11-Aug 19
Aug 12-Aug 21
Aug 13-Aug 24
Aug14-Aug 26
Aug 15-Aug 28
Why do they torture you like this? Mine was aug, then blank, and just stayed blank.

I figured so. With one heat pump it seemed unlikely, though that would be so nice. I can be cold in the winter, but my back still gets warm in the seat…

How do German cars manage this?
Its not a German thing. In ICE cars, the engine/cooling creates a heating source and the AC compressor creates a cooling source. The air in the cabin is a mixture of the two. So, you can have heat coming out the vents (from engine coolant) and cooled seats (from the ac compressor/system). With a heat pump, it can cool or heat but not both.

Need advice on the wheels/tires for winter/all season. With delivery date given for 8/13 right now, I have started research on it now as my order is for 21s.

Called Tirerack and they don't have any info on 2021 MS yet.
I sent T Sportline an email about availability of wheels for post June MSLR 20”s. They replied September. We’ll see which comes first, my car or the wheels 🙄

Not true unless traveling vertically at steady velocity. To be more realistic ;), one would have to weigh an extra 460 lbs while driving up a 10 deg incline at steady speed to be equivalent to the difference in horizontal accelerations between Plaid and LR.
Don't ever tell this man a joke. He won't get it.

Its not a German thing. In ICE cars, the engine/cooling creates a heating source and the AC compressor creates a cooling source. The air in the cabin is a mixture of the two. So, you can have heat coming out the vents (from engine coolant) and cooled seats (from the ac compressor/system). With a heat pump, it can cool or heat but not both.
You simply add heating elements to the seats. Lots of vehicles have heated seats without ventilation. Having two separate ducting systems seems very inefficient.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You simply add heating elements to the seats. Lots of vehicles have heated seats without ventilation. Having two separate ducting systems seems very inefficient.

It depends on the OEM. Ford has amazing tech that makes cold air at the seat. I'm not sure what the Germans or Tesla do

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Random question while we’re bored: can you use the cooled seats while using heat in the car?

Yes, you can. Just tested - you can set the vents to heat/cool and separately set the seats to heat or cool.

Edit: The seats are separately situated for heat/cool, even if you put climate in auto.

Last edited:
And back to blank.....
Same here. After 2 months of blank, I got a week of “August” then blank again. I ordered on Feb 1 (RN1144) and haven’t changed my order at any point.

What a frustrating and annoying process!! Tesla, and all of us, would be better off not even attempting to ”estimate delivery”. Any objective and statistically based evaluation of the “rules” this EDD follows will show little or no correlation to actual performance. A monkey banging keys would have a higher correlation with delivery. Clearly, Tesla doesn’t give a **** about estimating delivery!