Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that's a no. That's more of a German car thing. The MS makes you select 'Heat' or 'Cool' before choosing your heat/cool level.
I figured so. With one heat pump it seemed unlikely, though that would be so nice. I can be cold in the winter, but my back still gets warm in the seat…

How do German cars manage this?

I figured so. With one heat pump it seemed unlikely, though that would be so nice. I can be cold in the winter, but my back still gets warm in the seat…

How do German cars manage this?
Many cars, including German cars, are just circulating the cabin air into the seats, meaning it’s a ventilation, not an air conditioning system. Not all, but many. Most of the heated seat systems are a heating element within the seat, circulated air is not required.

I’ve also had a Mercedes that could run the ventilated seats and heated seats simultaneously. The ventilation moved air through the seat while the heating element heated the seat.

Many cars, including German cars, are just circulating the cabin air into the seats, meaning it’s a ventilation, not an air conditioning system. Not all, but many. Most of the heated seat systems are a heating element within the seat, circulated air is not required.

I’ve also had a Mercedes that could run the ventilated seats and heated seats simultaneously. The ventilation moved air through the seat while the heating element heated the seat.

Not sure I understand the point of the last part. But I’m not that smart, clearly.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Guys, sorry for oof topic. I need your help especially from people from MD, Pennsylvania and NY.

I have finalized everything and will take delivery of my new Plaid in Baltimore this coming Tuesday.

I want to drive the car back to Seattle but need to protect it.

If you know someone who owns or if you are the one who runs a detailing shop and would be able to take me without a lane for full-body PPF late Tuesday, early Wednesday I will appreciate it a lot.
Please let me know in PM.

Warning - way off topic
I had three other (reasonably large) guys in the car yesterday and accelerated hard in an 80 mph sweeper. The front tires were skittering as they clawed across the pavement trying to get the nose around. It was a too much acceleration locked dif feeling so I do not think Tesla has done much with torque vectoring yet. It feels like the car electronics are set up for straight line acceleration right now.

Last edited:
Warning - way off topic
I had three other (reasonably large) guys in the car yesterday and accelerated hard in an 80 mph sweeper. The front tires were skittering as they clawed across the pavement trying to get the nose around. It was a too much acceleration locked dif feeling so I do not think Tesla has done much with torque vectoring yet. It feels like the car electronics are set up for straight line acceleration right now.
This is what separates Porsche. They prioritize handling and braking over straight line speed.

This is what separates Porsche. They prioritize handling and braking over straight line speed.
Oh come on now. Porsche took how many generations before putting double A arms on the GT3? Talk about prioritizing handling. For the braking I’ll give it to you though, the Plaid should have come with carbon-ceramic, that’s a fumble.

Tesla will over the air upgrade the handling of the car in a future Track update. That is what separates Tesla. They can download better handling ota.