Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if you voluntarily push delivery, if they will still honor your reservation price or try to make you pay the new price?

I was told "late October, early November" and, at that point, no way I'm taking delivery. Just give me a 2022 then, so I'd ask for it to be delayed unless they try to charge me a ton of money.
You can probably just say you're out of the country for x weeks and they'll put you back in the queue which will probably land you one in 2022

I thought you were the positive one 😢
I am absolutely being positive here, my friend. Although I can't speak from experience, it is guaranteed that the difference will be massive. That's why I was laughing. The LR is extremely fast, like quite so. Even still, if you're performance crazed like I am, the Plaid is absolutely the one (if you can swing it obviously). The LR is as fast as the Taycan Turbo S (maybe a little faster) from a roll, and this is what happened when those 2 raced:

I am absolutely being positive here, my friend. Although I can't speak from experience, it is guaranteed that the difference will be massive. That's why I was laughing. The LR is extremely fast, like quite so. Even still, if you're performance crazed like I am, the Plaid is absolutely the one (if you can swing it obviously). The LR is as fast as the Taycan Turbo S (maybe a little faster) from a roll, and this is what happened when those 2 raced:

I bet if you blind folded someone and put them in both cars, they would have a very difficult time telling you which is which. Perhaps they can, but it probably won't feel like $50k, that's for sure lol.

That said, I expect the LR to be $95k base at the end of the year and Plaid back down to $120k early next year. $50k is just a ridiculous gap between the two. Don't care if you have **** you money or not, terrible pricing strategy.

I bet if you blind folded someone and put them in both cars, they would have a very difficult time telling you which is which. Perhaps they can, but it probably won't feel like $50k, that's for sure lol.
You're absolutely right.
It will feel more like a couple million dollars different. Remember, before the Plaid, the only way to get this kind of performance would be something like a Rimac Concept_One, or a Chiron.

That said, I expect the LR to be $95k base at the end of the year and Plaid back down to $120k early next year. $50k is just a ridiculous gap between the two. Don't care if you have **** you money or not, terrible pricing strategy.
Agreed 100%. This kind of gap cannot be maintained. A $25k difference would be wayy better than the $50k.

Respectfully, i disagree. The price for this kind of performance in other cars is 10X more - we are getting a bargain IMO! :)
Oh believe me, I've never been one to say that the Plaid is even remotely close to being 'overpriced'. OMG NO! It is a bargain like no other for the performance! I was just saying that knowing Tesla, they usually lower prices as time goes on. Maybe more like $35k difference would be more suitable.:)

I bet you anything you’re wrong. Going from my Model 3 P to my friend’s Plaid was just insanity, and we drove both back to back. The LR is a little quicker than the 3P, but my goodness, Plaid is just madness.

I bet you anything you’re wrong. Going from my Model 3 P to my friend’s Plaid was just insanity, and we drove both back to back. The LR is a little quicker than the 3P, but my goodness, Plaid is just madness.
Exactly! If anything, they might be able to feel it more with blindfolds, as all their brains would focus on is the sensation.

Guys, sorry for oof topic. I need your help especially from people from MD, Pennsylvania and NY.

I have finalized everything and will take delivery of my new Plaid in Baltimore this coming Tuesday.

I want to drive the car back to Seattle but need to protect it.

If you know someone who owns or if you are the one who runs a detailing shop and would be able to take me without a lane for full-body PPF late Tuesday, early Wednesday I will appreciate it a lot.
Please let me know in PM.
Even if you find a shop without delay, it would likely take at least 3 days to ppf the entire car. You’d be better off flat bedding the car home.

Oh believe me, I've never been one to say that the Plaid is even remotely close to being 'overpriced'. OMG NO! It is a bargain like no other for the performance! I was just saying that knowing Tesla, they usually lower prices as time goes on. Maybe more like $35k difference would be more suitable.:)
Agreed! Fortunately many of us are getting our Plaids for a $35k difference since the LR just increased to $85k and we are paying $120k 🎉

It just comes with a third motor. That’s the only difference. Right? Right.

Went to sc again, 2 weeks in a row. Single plaid delivery. Usually 300 orders a month, July was 1,000. My SA is a great fit, showed me my screen which showed order date and I think build planning, i.e. no news yet. He feels there aren't really any delays like shortages.
He didn't know very much and didn't promise, i.e. he didn't have info.
I thought the traffic was 1 week grin Fremont to NJ, he said celebrities upon this could go to a second train or a hub, so figure 2 weeks from CA in general.
May order a y for wife.
I consider myself a reasonable man. But this… this!! WOW!!!
Let me guess, she went out and got into her new model Subaru that just so happens to have a “FEEL THE BERN“ bumper sticker on it?
Some of that attitude comes from folks who feel it is their duty to treat someone who has worked really hard for their money, and saved up to now buy a their dream car, like a they did something wrong, or that that in some way stole money out of their paycheck.
I imagine she got in an Escalade that had a MAGA sticker on it! 🤩😁

Last edited: