Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

It depends on the OEM. Ford has amazing tech that makes cold air at the seat. I'm not sure what the Germans or Tesla do
Pretty sure my Benz is merely fans and not actually cooled

Warning - way off topic
I had three other (reasonably large) guys in the car yesterday and accelerated hard in an 80 mph sweeper. The front tires were skittering as they clawed across the pavement trying to get the nose around. It was a too much acceleration locked dif feeling so I do not think Tesla has done much with torque vectoring yet. It feels like the car electronics are set up for straight line acceleration right now.

My hope is the new track pack that is going to come out will provide some good options for improved handling as well.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Interesting.... So, I put my "Non refundable" $100 deposit down on a Plaid that had an "estimated" delivery window of "Sept/Oct" - 1-2 months out. Looking at the ordering page this morning, the same "Sept/Oct" range is provided as they collect your "Non refundable" $100 deposit. Now for the "bait and switch" part... As soon as Tesla took my $100, my order page reports January Delivery (more than 6 months out). Since I will be trading my M3+, I chose a configuration Plaid that I could get in short order; to avoid trade in value risk. It feels like Tesla is in breach and should be willing to refund the $100, given these facts. As I said, the site still shows "Sept/Oct" for my configuration, as they reach into my pocket for the $100. Lastly, before I gave them the deposit yesterday, I confirmed with a "chat" session agent that "Sept/Oct" was the best current estimate. He asked which state I was in and I told him. He then proceeded to tell me, "yes" and took the $100. Thoughts? Your experience?
My thought is that they won’t be in “breach” of that estimate until the end of October. Come back then and we’ll talk.

Shifted again. 15-28 August:

Blank
August
Blank
August
Blank
August
July 28-Aug 11
Blank
August
July 31-Aug 12
August
Aug 4-Aug 17
Aug 5-Aug 18
Aug 6-Aug 17
Aug 7-Aug 17
Aug 8-Aug 17
Aug 9-Aug 17
Aug 10-Aug 17
Aug 11-Aug 19
Aug 12-Aug 21
Aug 13-Aug 24
Aug14-Aug 26
Aug 15-Aug 28
Haha, how much time have we all waisted trying to figure out when our cars will arrive... Brutal. All this time we have collectively spent...

Interesting.... So, I put my "Non refundable" $100 deposit down on a Plaid that had an "estimated" delivery window of "Sept/Oct" - 1-2 months out. Looking at the ordering page this morning, the same "Sept/Oct" range is provided as they collect your "Non refundable" $100 deposit. Now for the "bait and switch" part... As soon as Tesla took my $100, my order page reports January Delivery (more than 6 months out). Since I will be trading my M3+, I chose a configuration Plaid that I could get in short order; to avoid trade in value risk. It feels like Tesla is in breach and should be willing to refund the $100, given these facts. As I said, the site still shows "Sept/Oct" for my configuration, as they reach into my pocket for the $100. Lastly, before I gave them the deposit yesterday, I confirmed with a "chat" session agent that "Sept/Oct" was the best current estimate. He asked which state I was in and I told him. He then proceeded to tell me, "yes" and took the $100. Thoughts? Your experience?
My time and sanity is worth a lot more than $100. I mean this is the nicest possible way. Tesla provided an estimate and that's what you received from them at deposit. Their estimate is changing, in part related to things they can't control. Any attempt to undo the transaction through a lack of performance argument on Tesla's part would seem frivolous and without merit.

Have you cancelled and asked for a refund? Did they decline refunding? Have they missed the October date yet?

I bet if you blind folded someone and put them in both cars, they would have a very difficult time telling you which is which. Perhaps they can, but it probably won't feel like $50k, that's for sure lol.

That said, I expect the LR to be $95k base at the end of the year and Plaid back down to $120k early next year. $50k is just a ridiculous gap between the two. Don't care if you have **** you money or not, terrible pricing strategy.

The difference in trap speed is over 20 mph. that is an enormous difference. i can guarantee you that a blind folded person could tell the difference. hopefully you can try both for yourself someday. I have.

My time and sanity is worth a lot more than $100. I mean this is the nicest possible way. Tesla provided an estimate and that's what you received from them at deposit. Their estimate is changing, in part related to things they can't control. Any attempt to undo the transaction through a lack of performance argument on Tesla's part would seem frivolous and without merit.
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I agree the $100 is frivolous, however. My point was Tesla shows one estimate (optimistic) at the point of taking the deposit and reports a much later one (instantly) after taking the deposit. I placed my ordered yesterday... this isn't a case of, "...related to things they can't control..." at all. And, as I said in my original post, they still report the incorrect (optimistic) date today. My concern is more around the active "bait and switch" practice in play here.