Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I don't think I ever mentioned, or suggested in my OP, that I was looking to sue anyone or hire a lawyer... :rolleyes:

I was reaching out to the community to see what their view of this "business practice" was and what their experiences have been.

I understood your point and I'm not trying to change your thought on this. But no reputable attorney in the country would take this case. I didn't mean the $100 is frivolous (even though it is), I meant any action surrounding this concept is.
Well, I don't think I ever mentioned, or suggested in my OP, that I was looking to sue anyone or hire a lawyer... :rolleyes:

I was reaching out to the community to see what their view of this "business practice" was and what their experiences have been.
And I gave you my view. You just didn't like my response (very 2021 of you to dislike my post). Notice how adults can disagree without hitting that button. 😂

Good luck with your experiment. I'll move along now.

P.S. I'm still blank and expect to be that way for a few months.

I just checked again. New order for plaid shows $124,490 for me?
20B7F895-5115-41E5-AE70-E8966E1CE672.jpeg

There’s 1000 pages that preceded your post that discusses peoples thoughts on Tesla’s business practices and their experiences.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I agree the $100 is frivolous, however. My point was Tesla shows one estimate (optimistic) at the point of taking the deposit and reports a much later one (instantly) after taking the deposit. I placed my ordered yesterday... this isn't a case of, "...related to things they can't control..." at all. And, as I said in my original post, they still report the incorrect (optimistic) date today. My concern is more around the active "bait and switch" practice in play here.
You're 100% accurate in calling it a bait and switch but I assure you this isn't the place for it. Because you'll find a handful of users who are die hard fans of Tesla and it'll be against their existence to see someone call Tesla out for its trashy business practices. I agree with you Tesla's customer service is garbage. And before anyone says it no, having my car will not change my opinion because you only need a handful of brain cells to see through the sshit show Tesla is running here.

Interesting.... So, I put my "Non refundable" $100 deposit down on a Plaid that had an "estimated" delivery window of "Sept/Oct" - 1-2 months out. Looking at the ordering page this morning, the same "Sept/Oct" range is provided as they collect your "Non refundable" $100 deposit. Now for the "bait and switch" part... As soon as Tesla took my $100, my order page reports January Delivery (more than 6 months out). Since I will be trading my M3+, I chose a configuration Plaid that I could get in short order; to avoid trade in value risk. It feels like Tesla is in breach and should be willing to refund the $100, given these facts. As I said, the site still shows "Sept/Oct" for my configuration, as they reach into my pocket for the $100. Lastly, before I gave them the deposit yesterday, I confirmed with a "chat" session agent that "Sept/Oct" was the best current estimate. He asked which state I was in and I told him. He then proceeded to tell me, "yes" and took the $100. Thoughts? Your experience?
I am not trying to be mean …
Look at the TMC dictionary (does not really exist) INSANITY - Believing that an Estimated Delivery Date (EDD) can be trusted or means anything. A blank or missing EDD is good or bad news. Your SA knows anything about your car delivery. Threatening to take legal action will get your car delivered any sooner. Ordering a Model S with certain options guarantees that you will get your right away.

We all have been there or are going through the same frustrations that you are. No reliable communication if any from Tesla. When you get: a definite delivery date, time, and place. A VIN number shown on your account. And when Tesla ask for more money is the only time to get excited. Tesla manufactures in batches so delivery location, paint color, wheel size, interior color is part of the equation of when and what get built. Along with some random number generator operated by blind drunken monkeys.

We are here to help you through this. But a recent change from September/October to February/March for new orders does not appear to be good news for anyone who has a previous order or new orders. Ordered mine back in January. I believe that Covid shut down the world last year and what little inventories manufacturers had have been shipped out already. So we will have to wait for new parts to be made. Out of Tesla’s control as far as the parts. BUT Tesla should be informing their customers on what is going on. Good or any customer service is in Tesla’s control.

I was hoping that the EOQ in September I would get my new car but now not so much. I come here every couple of days to see how things are going. Check my account once a week instead of daily. I know that I will enjoy my 2022 or 2023 Model S LR when I get it.

You're 100% accurate in calling it a bait and switch but I assure you this isn't the place for it. Because you'll find a handful of users who are die hard fans of Tesla and it'll be against their existence to see someone call Tesla out for its trashy business practices. I agree with you Tesla's customer service is garbage. And before anyone says it no, having my car will not change my opinion because you only need a handful of brain cells to see through the sshit show Tesla is running here.
1. My MSLR will be my first EV. Been ICE my entire life. Not a fanboy. But since range is now closer to a tank of gas, I'm taking a look at them.

2. In the days I've been here, I've only seen people tell it like it is...Tesla's order and delivery system is a sh!t show and unlike anything I've ever experienced.

3. SA's are equally inept.

4. We're talking about $100 deposits to reserve a spot. No guarantees anywhere to be found. The story would be wildly different if we each had $10,000 with them.

With all of that understood...everyone is still here.

The current price is $124,4 and the price I ordered for back in January was $119,4... Where is everyone getting this $10k price increase from?

I just checked again. New order for plaid shows $124,490 for me?

nah, it's $129,990. you have to unclick the "potential savings" button to see the real price. :rolleyes:

Reactions: TNBill and umair239