Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next step install the cage and steel doors with a biometric password to stop customers from facing with SAs
Ya know
The FAA started doing that with their FSDOs. The first time I went through the security I asked the rep I was meeting if perhaps they were doing something wrong to need so much protection from the public. The rest of the meeting did not go so well; that's what I get for having a big mouth.

I have to give a shout out to Tesla’s web engineers and data scientists. They’ve created the perfect algorithm for date range based EDDs. While looking at my last few days and @AnselmDante’s breakdown of his dates, I think I’ve deduced a fraction of their brilliance:

Tomorrow’s EDD Smart AI Calculator
(Current Start + 1) — (Current Range Difference + 1)

Now, this may look simple, but therein lies the brilliance! Let’s try it:
8/1 - 8/8
8/2 - 8/10
8/3 - 8/11
8/4 - 8/13
8/5 - 8/15

8/30 - 8/84/2067

It’s genius! I can’t imagine how many customers they’ve helped with this and just how much data was needed to even create such a masterpiece in the first place.

I’ll see you tomorrow, 8/4 - 8/15 estimated delivery date 🤓

Have you cancelled and asked for a refund? Did they decline refunding? Have they missed the October date yet?
Good questions... I started by asking what's the real "current estimate" of two chat session agents. They say, "Sept/Oct" to WA. I remind them of the less than 24 hour history of my order and current status. They redirected me to my "Delivery Advisor," which I wasn't provided yet... Then, they directed me to the Order advisor, which I had already reached out to and haven't heard back from yet. I also reached out to the delivery SC and they haven't yet opened here. So, I'm still in the "trying to understand" mode, before making a decision.

My thought is that they won’t be in “breach” of that estimate until the end of October. Come back then and we’ll talk.
In an email exchange with the SA that called me to switch to Plaid from + he wrote something like the web site says "estimated". He was trying to explain missing the June delivery (consideration for making the change to Plaid). I told him that was funny as the web site did not call me and offer me a June delivery.

I think corporate passes out talking points for dealing with customers. Things like the web site says estimate and thank you for supporting the mission all sound like canned responses to disappointed customers. Perhaps not, but it seems strange that I've heard almost the exact same words from different customer facing resources.

Ya know
The FAA started doing that with their FSDOs. The first time I went through the security I asked the rep I was meeting if perhaps they were doing something wrong to need so much protection from the public. The rest of the meeting did not go so well; that's what I get for having a big mouth.
My question is, why did you have to visit a FSDO in the first place? Did you violate class bravo airspace or something? :p
(not that I’ve EVER done that myself…)

My question is, why did you have to visit a FSDO in the first place? Did you violate class bravo airspace or something? :p
(not that I’ve EVER done that myself…)
Airworthiness for my first jet build
. not responsible for the music or the flying
Finished 3rd in Gold at Reno on debut :)

Way
Way
off topic

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I agree the $100 is frivolous, however. My point was Tesla shows one estimate (optimistic) at the point of taking the deposit and reports a much later one (instantly) after taking the deposit. I placed my ordered yesterday... this isn't a case of, "...related to things they can't control..." at all. And, as I said in my original post, they still report the incorrect (optimistic) date today. My concern is more around the active "bait and switch" practice in play here.
I understood your point and I'm not trying to change your thought on this. But no reputable attorney in the country would take this case. I didn't mean the $100 is frivolous (even though it is), I meant any action surrounding this concept is.

I understood your point and I'm not trying to change your thought on this. But no reputable attorney in the country would take this case. I didn't mean the $100 is frivolous (even though it is), I meant any action surrounding this concept is.
Well, I don't think I ever mentioned, or suggested in my OP, that I was looking to sue anyone or hire a lawyer... :rolleyes:

I was reaching out to the community to see what their view of this "business practice" was and what their experiences have been.

Joining in the frustration for the Plaid...

Ordered 1/27/2021 Red Model S Plaid 21", White Carbon Fiber Interior - EDD went blank a month ago, no EDD - Got the originial $120K price
Ordered 7/22/2021 White Model S Plaid 19", Black/Black Wood interior - Ordered this for fastest delivery, was showing July, then EDD went blank
Ordered 6/10/2021 White Model X Plaid 20" white carbon fiber interior - Needed to put in order after the dates keep slipping so I have a place in line. Just started showing Jan 2022 EDD.
Ordered 7/31/2021 White Model S Plaid 21", Black/Black wood to try to move my other order along after I read the 19" are on hold... When ordered the estimate was Sept/Oct, now this is the only order that shows EDD of Jan 2022.

I currently Have a 2020 Model X P100D Raven model and a 2020 Model Y Performance

Had the 2013 Model S P85+, 2016 Model X P90DL, 2018 Model 3 Performance.

Joining in the frustration for the Plaid...

Ordered 1/27/2021 Red Model S Plaid 21", White Carbon Fiber Interior - EDD went blank a month ago, no EDD - Got the originial $120K price
Ordered 7/22/2021 White Model S Plaid 19", Black/Black Wood interior - Ordered this for fastest delivery, was showing July, then EDD went blank
Ordered 6/10/2021 White Model X Plaid 20" white carbon fiber interior - Needed to put in order after the dates keep slipping so I have a place in line. Just started showing Jan 2022 EDD.
Ordered 7/31/2021 White Model S Plaid 21", Black/Black wood to try to move my other order along after I read the 19" are on hold... When ordered the estimate was Sept/Oct, now this is the only order that shows EDD of Jan 2022.

I currently Have a 2020 Model X P100D Raven model and a 2020 Model Y Performance

Had the 2013 Model S P85+, 2016 Model X P90DL, 2018 Model 3 Performance.
Fast food order. Out of the Big Mac K make it a 1/4 pounder. Fast food orders are ran better Than our Tesla orders. Better management ?

In contract law, you can not recover for lost expectations, only actual losses. If you sell your car early but the "promise" was "estimated" it would be a tough sell IMO but then I did not make it past ethics in law school.