Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, new member here. I ordered my in the beginning of July and it said estimated delivery for July until yesterday. Now blank. RN11529XXXX. MSM 21's, white with carbon. Hope it comes this month. Was kind of caught off guard with that estimated July delivery date right after ordering.
Welcome to the thread! Good to have you!🙂

Hello, new member here. I ordered my in the beginning of July and it said estimated delivery for July until yesterday. Now blank. RN11529XXXX. MSM 21's, white with carbon. Hope it comes this month. Was kind of caught off guard with that estimated July delivery date right after ordering.
After some time you will you will no longer be caught off guard until you get a VIN

This is exactly why I would cancel. Knowing that if someone else cancels it doesn't push me up in the line, just gets someone who JUST placed an order a car faster. Whats the point of being an early adopter and believing in the company if the company doesn't appreciate those people?

Yes, business is business. But businesses rise and fall based on how they treat their customers. The people who love this car will most certainly get another one, and they will have the same experience we are having now. So Tesla will lose us and gain others now, just to lose the people they gained now in a few years.. It's a cycle that needs to break.
Most companies live quarter to quarter…

This is exactly why I would cancel. Knowing that if someone else cancels it doesn't push me up in the line, just gets someone who JUST placed an order a car faster. Whats the point of being an early adopter and believing in the company if the company doesn't appreciate those people?

Yes, business is business. But businesses rise and fall based on how they treat their customers. The people who love this car will most certainly get another one, and they will have the same experience we are having now. So Tesla will lose us and gain others now, just to lose the people they gained now in a few years.. It's a cycle that needs to break.
Totally understand your point. I’ve been dealing with the same feelings. Prior to 3 days ago, I was blank for 5 weeks. I’m just doing my best to hang in there. Meeting up with Aimstellar on Saturday and getting to experience Plaid, has made the wait a bit easier. As much as I hate all the BS, I’m gonna be patient and wait.
If you’re in NJ, you should send a message to @AimStellar to see if you and him can meet up. Super nice guy and he’d probably be happy to show you his refresh.
Edit: once I get mine, I’ll be happy to meet up with you so you can take it for a rip.

Last edited:
Whelp my delivery estimate got pushed 2 WEEKS. I have a Vin as well, which has just been sitting in the misfit lot. Not sure car exists, not sure what's happening. SA seems to think he knows but I doubt.

If they let me I'm going to fly to Fremont and pick up the dang thing myself. Been meaning to check out the grand canyon anyway, but I'm doubting they'll even let me do that.

Does anybody know if these misfit cars have a serious problem preventing them shipping? Is tesla logistics division just incompetent? I know my RN number is pretty high, and believe me I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't have a VIN already, but this is starting to feel ridiculous.

In addition to myself, I noticed over 20 people went from Blank -> AUG/SEPT/OCT this morning (almost all with 19" wheels). RN1146-RN1148 all went to AUGUST, RN1149 all went to SEPT and RN1150-RN1153 all went to OCT. It appears that things are starting to move! Or maybe it's just the monkey having some fun.
Confirmed. My black RN1152 MSLR 19” went to October this morning

Whelp my delivery estimate got pushed 2 WEEKS. I have a Vin as well, which has just been sitting in the misfit lot. Not sure car exists, not sure what's happening. SA seems to think he knows but I doubt.

If they let me I'm going to fly to Fremont and pick up the dang thing myself. Been meaning to check out the grand canyon anyway, but I'm doubting they'll even let me do that.

Does anybody know if these misfit cars have a serious problem preventing them shipping? Is tesla logistics division just incompetent? I know my RN number is pretty high, and believe me I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't have a VIN already, but this is starting to feel ridiculous.
If you have a VIN, ask for the build date. They could have a logistics backlog from the production hold that was two weeks ago - lending to the push.

There has been zero indication that the misfit lots have been delivering. Another flyover this week could confirm such.

In addition to myself, I noticed over 20 people went from Blank -> AUG/SEPT/OCT this morning (almost all with 19" wheels). RN1146-RN1148 all went to AUGUST, RN1149 all went to SEPT and RN1150-RN1153 all went to OCT. It appears that things are starting to move! Or maybe it's just the monkey having some fun.
Just a monkey!!! I'm a 2/3/21 with 19" and I got NOOOO changes whatsoever. Seen these monkey's do this all this year!! lol.

I looked into picking up my car in Fremont. It is possible but gets a little tricky with the taxes. You’d have to pay CA tax and since the CA tax rate is probably higher than VA, you’ll be paying more than you would if you wait.

Anyone get a better rate than 2.49% for financing? I emailed the [email protected] and they said 2.49% is the best....
Someone mentioned San Francisco credit union. They are offering 1% off the published rates for EV, so 1.74 49-60 mo, 2.24% 60-72 mo.....

Don't need to live in sf to get membership,they partner with another org so anyone can become a member effectively.

Yeah, computer generated BS. I am on exactly the 6-month mark today. I have had many "EDD"s come and go. The "norm" is that you'll get a date, it'll keep changing then eventually go blank until something magical happens and you get a VIN assigned. Good luck. Learn to laugh and lean on this forum as you check your order 27 times a day, occasionally cry and consistently curse Tesla and wonder WTF Elon is thinking!!! :)

If you’re in NJ, you should send a message to @AimStellar to see if you and him can meet up. Super nice guy and he’d probably be happy to show you his refresh.
Edit: once I get mine, I’ll be happy to meet up with you so you can take it for a rip.
Anyone local to Newport Beach, CA is also welcome to come check out mine once it gets delivered later this week! You’ll have to be vaccinated and wear a mask in the car though because my wife is immunosuppressed and we’re being careful.

where can you get a Tesla quote?
Only available in California for now. It’s an option on your order page for those in the state.