Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was August for 5 weeks, a record, went blank and told myself, whatever, Sept, October, just glad I have a car now and no real rush... Then today, back to August

1627918255590.gif

In addition to myself, I noticed over 20 people went from Blank -> AUG/SEPT/OCT this morning (almost all with 19" wheels). RN1146-RN1148 all went to AUGUST, RN1149 all went to SEPT and RN1150-RN1153 all went to OCT. It appears that things are starting to move! Or maybe it's just the monkey having some fun.
Thanks for tracking. It appears that two or three of the folks in my zone still have no EDD. :(

So I was August for 5 weeks, a record, went blank and told myself, whatever, Sept, October, just glad I have a car now and no real rush... Then today, back to August

View attachment 691039
Nice, yep today seemed to be one of those big batch updates, re-estimating just about everyone appropriately to their expected month at least Aug/Sep/Oct for current and pretty new orders too. As production flows in August, I'd expect we'll start getting a lot more Aug/Sep dates too in next 1-4 weeks.

View attachment 691039
Nice. You just need to play hard to get - act like you don't care if the car comes or not. That is the secret to having a delivery date.

Nice, yep today seemed to be one of those big batch updates, re-estimating just about everyone appropriately to their expected month at least Aug/Sep/Oct for current and pretty new orders too. As production flows in August, I'd expect we'll start getting a lot more Aug/Sep dates too in next 1-4 weeks.
Not quite everyone. Still have a January date here, after having a "Sept/Oct" estimate

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hoping we all get our cars in the next couple weeks! I have a road trip on 8/12, so hopefully no later than that🤞

I wonder if another factory hold is happening. Everyone in this thread, even those with VINs, appear to just have extending delivery dates and stuck in a freeze.

P.S. My dates incremented to 8/4 - 8/14.
P.P.S. Remember when we were promised June over the phone? 😡
Geez I hope there’s not another hold. Nothing like taking a new car on a road trip! What a perfect way to get acquainted with the new whip.

I know we shouldn’t hold our breath, but it’s been a while they must have their *sugar together.

VIN!!!!!!!! Just got an email saying to review my lease offer again and it was there!

5YJSA1E66MF438XXX

What the left hand giveth, the right hand taketh away. Delivery date is now blank after being 8/4-8/14 only like ten minutes ago.

Still, I’ll take it, feels like I may actually have a car soon 👽

View attachment 690989
Holy moly! I’m just catching up lol.
Congrats I think you’ll get it soon now!

Also interesting, Progressive doesn't pull up the Model S using my assigned VIN, so I can't update my insurance. The Tesla insurance quote directly from them in CA is only $186 per month. Maybe I should take that? Anyone with an existing car go with Progressive or Tesla?

Using Progressive's option to "fix the VIN" with a pre-refresh VIN, their estimated quote is a $2,000 increase to my premium every 6 months 😂 Tesla's quote is about $1,200 every 6 months (with both me and my wife on the policy), so I'll be going with that.

The truth, I don’t even want the car anymore. This entire experience has been garbage and turned me off completely.
I'm with you on this one. Feel very disappointed about the lack of transparency and communication from Tesla. It seems like 19s are finally getting some sort of date range rather than being blank but for people like me who have white interior there's even more delay. I am now hearing October or later delivery from my SA but then again since when did SAs get anything right.

In addition to myself, I noticed over 20 people went from Blank -> AUG/SEPT/OCT this morning (almost all with 19" wheels). RN1146-RN1148 all went to AUGUST, RN1149 all went to SEPT and RN1150-RN1153 all went to OCT. It appears that things are starting to move! Or maybe it's just the monkey having some fun.
Not for me lol people with white interior with 19s are fuccked